Mort report... Jerry still wants McFadden

khiladi

Reaction score
Miami owes us for pretty much allowing them to get what they wanted from us without any resistance or compensation.. if we give them Bobby Carpenter for the number 1, that would be enough..

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Use Your Illusion;1929070 said:
Oh god, this is just something I can see Jerry doing, too. I can see him sitting in his office right now, lips smacking, getting his rocks off at the thought of standing at the podium on draft day and holding up a "McFadden" jersey.

The worst thing? There's nobody there to tell him what a stupid idea this is.

Jerry: <lipsmack> Well ahhh.. I... think I'd like to trade the farm to ahhh.. bring Darren McFadden here to the Dallas Cahboys..

Wade: heh heh.. great idea boss! heh heh.. would ya like a biscuit?

Larry Lacewell: BRILLIANT IDEA JERRY!! CAN I GET AIR CONDITIONING BACK IN MY OFFICE?!

Jason Garrett: Pardon me for interjecting sir, I certainly wouldn't want to speak out of turn, but I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that the possibility has crossed my mind that trading our Pro Bowl Runningback and two first round picks might not be in the best interests of the ballclub.

Wade: heh heh.. <looks at Jerry, looks at Garrett, looks back at Jerry>

Jerry: Well ahhh.. <lipsmack>.. Jason... <presses eject button under desk, sending Jason Garrett plummeting through a trap door in the floor>.

Dreadful.

Comedy is not for you.

khiladi

Reaction score
Use Your Illusion;1929070 said:
Oh god, this is just something I can see Jerry doing, too. I can see him sitting in his office right now, lips smacking, getting his rocks off at the thought of standing at the podium on draft day and holding up a "McFadden" jersey.

The worst thing? There's nobody there to tell him what a stupid idea this is.

Jerry: <lipsmack> Well ahhh.. I... think I'd like to trade the farm to ahhh.. bring Darren McFadden here to the Dallas Cahboys..

Wade: heh heh.. great idea boss! heh heh.. would ya like a biscuit?

Larry Lacewell: BRILLIANT IDEA JERRY!! CAN I GET AIR CONDITIONING BACK IN MY OFFICE?!

Jason Garrett: Pardon me for interjecting sir, I certainly wouldn't want to speak out of turn, but I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that the possibility has crossed my mind that trading our Pro Bowl Runningback and two first round picks might not be in the best interests of the ballclub.

Wade: heh heh.. <looks at Jerry, looks at Garrett, looks back at Jerry>

Jerry: Well ahhh.. <lipsmack>.. Jason... <presses eject button under desk, sending Jason Garrett plummeting through a trap door in the floor>.

The fact that you got pictures of Guns n' Roses, and your screen name is Use Your Illusion, shows your absolutely stuck in the past... no wonder you think JJ hasn't learned anything...

khiladi

Reaction score
Miami already has a quality RB, so they are going to be looking to fill their needs in other areas... Why would they demand Marion Barber?

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Honestly, the most likely trade partner for Jones is going to be his buddy Al Davis.No way does Jerry want the price tag of that #1 overall pick. McFadden won't be the #1 overall taken regardless of who is picking. To trade up to that spot would be idiotic beyond all measure.

The RB spot just isn't worth the money it used to be. Look at Grants in Green Bay, Bradshaw in New York, Barber in Dallas. The most productive back in Seattle was Maurice fricken Morris! None of those guys even sniffed the 1st round. LT is a great back, but where was he for the playoffs? Virtually a pedestrian player (when he played). That's a lot of cap space wrapped up in a single guy. Jones needs to look at the teams that are dominating the league in rushing. Not a lot of high (top ten) draft picks in the whole lot of them. If Jerry was going to sabotage a golden opportunity for the team for the sake of a running back, he's a year too late. Peterson should have been the guy he gave up the farm for. McFadden is no Peterson, I don't care what youtube video a McD homer posts on here.

Here's to Jerry staying sane and getting optimum value out of this draft.

Randy White

Reaction score
jterrell;1928797 said:
If we tender MB3 at the first rounder then he can choose his team. If we tender him 1st and 3rd he can choose his team. No discussions needed. We can't make him sign an offer sheet. It is up to MB3 at that point. He could easily sign with the Pats and we'd get end of the round picks.

Nope.

If he signs an offersheet with the Pats after we tender him ( 1st and 3rd, for example ) we get the 7th pick of the draft and the 32nd pick of the 3rd round, assuming we choose not to match the offersheet.

The Patriots HAVE TO have a #1 pick ( or the pick that particular RFA was tendered to ) in order to sign any RFAs with a tender to an offer sheet. Since they don't have their own ( 32nd ) because the league took it away, they'd have to give up the 7th pick.

So, basically, there's no way in hell that the Pats are going to sign him to an offer sheet. They might as well stay put and draft McFadden if they want a RB, which I doubt they do.

superpunk

Reaction score
Mort is Bill's boy.

I guarantee that's who this nugget came from - and I'm almost as positive that it's invented by MIami to generate interest in the pick.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Who this thread goes on and on like the Energizer Bunny...

I STILL want a Ferrari.

I STILL want to marry Keira Knightly.

I STILL want to win the $50m lottery.

I STILL want a million dollar mansion.

I STILL want the city to give me free electricity and water.

I STILL want perfect weather year round.

So Jerry STILL wants McFadden? Big WHOOP! Pt being that I, along with he and pretty much every sane person on this planet is a REALIST, and will gladly take the cards dealt to them, and utilize them to the best of our abilities.:)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Boysboy;1929359 said:
Who this thread goes on and on like the Energizer Bunny...

I STILL want a Ferrari.

I STILL want to marry Keira Knightly.

I STILL want to win the $50m lottery.

I STILL want a million dollar mansion.

I STILL want the city to give me free electricity and water.

I STILL want perfect weather year round.

So Jerry STILL wants McFadden? Big WHOOP! Pt being that I, along with he and pretty much every sane person on this planet is a REALIST, and will gladly take the cards dealt to them, and utilize them to the best of our abilities.:)

I think Felix Jones will end up being the better all around back.

rw54

Reaction score
I would trade Barber, Spears, Carpenter, Ayodele, Fasano, and Kosier for the number 1. That is 6 for 1. Leaves us short at LB, but they are cheap on the FA market. We keep 1 and 28 and use 22 for a trade down, maybe for a first next year. I love Barber, but his running style will shorten his career. I would not trade Barber and any first round picks - they are too valuable. I would also be happy with sitting tight and taking DRC and the top rated player regardless of position left on the board at 28.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
rw54;1929377 said:
I would trade Barber, Spears, Carpenter, Ayodele, Fasano, and Kosier for the number 1. That is 6 for 1. Leaves us short at LB, but they are cheap on the FA market. We keep 1 and 28 and use 22 for a trade down, maybe for a first next year. I love Barber, but his running style will shorten his career. I would not trade Barber and any first round picks - they are too valuable. I would also be happy with sitting tight and taking DRC and the top rated player regardless of position left on the board at 28.

:rolleyes:

Guiness-Brilliant!.jpg

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
rw54;1929377 said:

oh em gee

Boysboy

Reaction score
Was just on the Fins board...

Dunno if their "source" poster is really reliable, but apparently, he(or she) has been correct on just about everything forecasted in advance(i.e. the Sparano hiring a good month or so prior).

Anyhow-that "source" said that the Fins will make Glen Dorsey their #1 pick. Last I checked, Dorsey will likely be taken off the board no latter than #5 or so.

We can RELAX now-unless Dorsey somehow miraculously falls to #22, any kind of trade with them ain't happening.

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
YoMick;1928873 said:
If we lose Barber(plus whatever else) for McFadden then I will join the doom and gloomers.

If we give up our 1st rounders for McFadden then we are just going back to the old Jerry. Hey why not... he is bringing everyone back from those days.

Two first rounders for McFad is not all that different than his last mistake with two first rounders for Galloway.

it's worse, Galloway was at least proven in the NFL at the time...

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
ctrous25;1928732 said:
Chris Mortinson was just on NFL Countdown and reported Dallas is interested in getting the 1st pick from miami so we could get Darren McFadden.. only problem is we would apparently have to give up MBIII... ANYBODY BUT THE BARBARIAN!!! NO JERRY NO!!!

2 first round picks + Probowl RB + $30 mill signing bounus for RUN DMC:eek:

Somebody tell Beast Jerry is not actually thinking about doing something this ********.

What about CB?
What about WR?
What about backup RB?

This is beyond ******** if actually true:mad:

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;1928855 said:
Maybe Jerruh is losing it, like Davis in Oakland.

You have to have "it" to lose "it". He's always been a horrible football man.