Mortensen: Elliott Suspension Upheld **merged**

reddyuta

Reaction score
Henderson report is utter bull****,he says they didnt consider KRs suggestion because that was not her role!!.whats the purpose of having a investigator (who was the only one to talk to TT) if you are not going to even consider her conclusions? this is definition of Kangaroo court.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
See Tom Brady case and the Federal appeals decision which is now standing policy that Goodell by the CBA agreement with the NFLPA has the authority to suspend a player under the code of conduct policy
Precedent is not law. Judges don't like to dispute each other but they can.

Reactions: CWR

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
The NFL attempted to get it dismissed today but failed. In addition they annoyed the Judge and have to deal with that going forward.

Didn't the judge ultimately agree with Brady in his case but rule that the CBA is ironclad in the league's favor?

Bigdog

Reaction score
Was listening to NFL radio on the way home and they had the former GM from the Colts on(forgot his name). He said that he did not think any judge would over turn the suspension just like the Brady case. He reported the reason why is the NFLPA head signed the policy of having Goodell be the one who handle discipline of the players and if a judge did overturn this policy it will open up tons of law suits in other labor relations throughout the country. Said that the players signed this labor contract and have to abide by the contract they signed. Just FYI.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Not only were her findings removed from the report - they tried to alter the document so the word "Inconsistency" was removed from the heading and they got busted.

It's so utterly incredible that this happened with lifelong professionals in an 11 billion dollar industry.

I once tried to remove a "D" on my report card - I was in 6th grade. :facepalm:

I changed my D to a B. Just a faint line to split the letter!

fredp22

Reaction score
Fred, walk this back in.

Zeke was garroted
hi-
I want Zeke's suspension to be removed like everyone else but we really don't know the whole story. What has leaked out hasn't been good. The arbitrators lowered Hardy's suspension but didn't touch this one. just think there's more here than we know.
Anyway if Zekes lawyers now sue does the suspension go back burner again?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
He's playing Sunday and given how the justice was taking Nash to task it looks certain that the TRO will be granted.

Is that really cause to celebrate though? Maybe he's suspended 6 games in November, December and January? I guess it has to start some where, but I don't think we should be popping champagne yet.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Was listening to NFL radio on the way home and they had the former GM from the Colts on(forgot his name). He said that he did not think any judge would over turn the suspension just like the Brady case. He reported the reason why is the NFLPA head signed the policy of having Goodell be the one who handle discipline of the players and a judge did overturn this policy it will open up tons of law suits in other labor relations throughout the country. Said that the players signed this labor contract and have to abide by the contract they signed. Just FYI.
The NFL players signed away all their rights. Just idiotic on their part.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I'm confused... why are we celebrating this?

THe league didn't budge, didn't even reduce it, but we think that's a good thing?

The good thing is that the case will stay in Texas, the judge appeared extremely skeptical of what the NFL did, and Zeke is playing week 1. This is as good as could have realistically been expected.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I want Zeke's suspension to be removed like everyone else but we really don't know the whole story. What has leaked out hasn't been good. The arbitrators lowered Hardy's suspension but didn't touch this one. just think there's more here than we know.
Anyway if Zekes lawyers now sue does the suspension go back burner again?
If there was more would Zeke really take it to court?

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Henderson report is utter bull****,he says they didnt consider KRs suggestion because that was not her role!!.whats the purpose of having a investigator (who was the only one to talk to TT) if you are not going to even consider her conclusions? this is definition of Kangaroo court.

I skimmed through some of it because its typical lawyer BS but the last line gave me a good chuckle.

Hailmary

Reaction score