Mortensen: Elliott Suspension Upheld **merged**

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
hi-
I want Zeke's suspension to be removed like everyone else but we really don't know the whole story. What has leaked out hasn't been good. The arbitrators lowered Hardy's suspension but didn't touch this one. just think there's more here than we know.
Anyway if Zekes lawyers now sue does the suspension go back burner again?

They lowered Hardy's from 10 to 6, probably based on 6 was the new standard, he had already missed a year and he committed this before the new standard, so 10 was not comparable to any punishment dolled out prior.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
Was listening to NFL radio on the way home and they had the former GM from the Colts on(forgot his name). He said that he did not think any judge would over turn the suspension just like the Brady case. He reported the reason why is the NFLPA head signed the policy of having Goodell be the one who handle discipline of the players and if a judge did overturn this policy it will open up tons of law suits in other labor relations throughout the country. Said that the players signed this labor contract and have to abide by the contract they signed. Just FYI.

1. The players and NFLPA signed the contract in good faith (i.e. Goddell doesn't suspend players for outrageous reasons, being unfair, blatant disregard for process, etc.)
2. The players and NFLPA never agreed to the revised CBA, post-Rice case.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Please,do not curse. The language filter is there for the occasional oops not to circumvent cursing in general.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Didn't the judge ultimately agree with Brady in his case but rule that the CBA is ironclad in the league's favor?

If you read the judgment in the Brady case, the court states that there were no issues of fundamental fairness. The case itself was about the integrity of the game itself and had no precedent.

This case has plenty of issues with fundamental fairness. It is about a criminal complaint and it has tons of precedent.

Also the DV policy was not collectively bargained.

Just forget about the Brady case. It was never as all encompassing as people have been claiming.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Was listening to NFL radio on the way home and they had the former GM from the Colts on(forgot his name). He said that he did not think any judge would over turn the suspension just like the Brady case. He reported the reason why is the NFLPA head signed the policy of having Goodell be the one who handle discipline of the players and if a judge did overturn this policy it will open up tons of law suits in other labor relations throughout the country. Said that the players signed this labor contract and have to abide by the contract they signed. Just FYI.

this is not that broad as that,this calls into question the fairness of NFLs investigative process.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I know. The ex GM said it was a 10 year contract that they signed with the NFL which is unheard of in labor relations.
And I just wanted football then so I was glad it was over. Never dreamed we'd have a commissioner like this guy. Totally ruining the game.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I know. The ex GM said it was a 10 year contract that they signed with the NFL which is unheard of in labor relations.
Cause all they cared about was their money.........dam shame.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
If you read the judgment in the Brady case, the court states that there were no issues of fundamental fairness. The case itself was about the integrity of the game itself and had no precedent.

This case has plenty of issues with fundamental fairness. It is about a criminal complaint and it has tons of precedent.

Just forget about the Brady case. It was never as all encompassing as people have been claiming.

I thought the league covered the lack of DV policy by claiming Zeke's suspension was for conduct detrimental?

Honestly, I don't know the inner workings of this thing, I'm just thinking of how the league is going to worm their way out of this one.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Probably, but I guess it depends on the judge. I'd assume there are more liberal judges in NY than in TX, but liberal on social issues isn't the same as liberal on corporate issues.
It's not so much as liberal as I'm sure the NY judges are acquainted professionally and socially with many if not all of the NFL New York based lawyers.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
So this guy routinely smacked a girl around and he gets suspended just 6 games? Which is it?

You need to send him to jail/ban him.
Or he's innocent due to lack of evidence and you let America stay America.

He should say she beats dogs and uses slurs. Why not whatever

Sydla

Reaction score

And apparently the judge today drew the same distinction...... Brady doesn't necessarily apply here.

khiladi

Reaction score
Mara's Giants are 2-0 with Zeke in the lineup..

One game when Zeke was still feeling his way in the league and had fumbling issues which he corrected after two games. It's not like the Giants beat the Cowboys both times handily either.

erod

Reaction score
The NFL players signed away all their rights. Just idiotic on their part.
Most don't care. You think Sean Lee or Tyron Smith are worried about getting in this kind of trouble? No.

Players care about money and working conditions. The guys that behave themselves, which includes most of them, aren't concerned about the rules in place for the troublemakers.