Mortensen: Elliott Suspension Upheld **merged**

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
The conduct policy was altered in 2014 unilaterally without collective bargaining. Goodell established the CBA precedent and then changed it without a CBA. Further he gave Brown, Gillette, and others 2 game suspension or less following the 2014 revisal.

You can bet what you want but it appears the Texas judge is going to decide in Zeke's favor. Your meaningless betting makes no difference whatsoever.

If Roger didn't have the authority to do that, why hasn't it been challenged in 3 years? And why is Zeke resorting to conspiracy claims? If it's as cut and dry as you say--his legal team is bush league.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
I've responded over and over again with facts and he's ignored everyone one of them.

You're seriously being an ***. I'm a fan trying to have fun conversations. You've belittled me because my opinion is different than yours.

I've been posting every few minutes in another thread. I just came back to this one. Stop with the insults. I haven't ignored anything.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
You're seriously being an ***. I'm a fan trying to have fun conversations. You've belittled me because my opinion is different than yours.

I've been posting every few minutes in another thread. I just came back to this one. Stop with the insults. I haven't ignored anything.

Opinion vs Fact

You're really having a hard time today. Relax you're overreacting and ignoring facts for an opinion. Just like this conspiracy angle. It was a PR move. His legal team that you called "bush-league". Is arguing "Fundamental Fairness" how hard is that for you to understand?

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
do we still have folks stuck on the Article 46??

1. CBA signed in good faith
2. CBA post-Rice case was NOT collectively bargained by the NFLPA and NFL

it's not as cut and dry as many are making it out to be and Kessler I'm sure will address it at some point

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
Opinion vs Fact

You're really having a hard time today. Relax you're overreacting and ignoring facts for an opinion. Just like this conspiracy angle. It was a PR move. His legal team that you called "bush-league". Is arguing "Fundamental Fairness" how hard is that for you to understand?

I am ignoring you now. You're not capable of being confronted with opinions and information that scares you, so you shut down dialog with insults. Please move on. Go Cowboys.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I am ignoring you now. You're not capable of being confronted with opinions and information that scares you, so you shut down dialog with insults. Please move on. Go Cowboys.

Lmao!!! Opinion vs Fact

Keep holding on to that "conspiracy angle"

Pssst they're arguing "Fundamental Fairness". Who is shutting down dialog? You're ignoring FACTS!

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
If Roger didn't have the authority to do that, why hasn't it been challenged in 3 years? And why is Zeke resorting to conspiracy claims? If it's as cut and dry as you say--his legal team is bush league.

Begging the question is not an argument.

His lawyers are making several arguments not just the one. Resorting?

I have an idea: how about you quit trying to characterize and start making actual rebuttals? you argue like a 7th grader.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

You have addressed every rebuttal with characterizations in place of real argument. You like acting the martyr too.

The 2014 CBA was changed unilaterally. Goodell made multiple precedents of 2 games or less for DV both before and after the revisal.

Evidence was withheld and anything mitigating was left out of the report including the opinion of the head investigator and her notes on TT's credibility.

The justice adjudicating the case appears to support Zeke's case in statement and line of questioning.

Deal with it.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
You have addressed every rebuttal with characterizations in place of real argument.

False.

The 2014 CBA was changed unilaterally. Goodell made multiple precedents of 2 games or less for DV both before and after the revisal.

Evidence was withheld and anything mitigating was left out of the report including the opinion of the head investigator and her notes on TT's credibility.

The justice adjudicating the case appears to support Zeke's case in statement and line of questioning.

Deal with it.

We'll see soon enough, won't we? I'll be here after the process to eat crow if needed. Will you?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
False.

We'll see soon enough, won't we? I'll be here after the process to eat crow if needed. Will you?

More characterization. Boring.

You of course are entitled to your opinion but you cannot support with any basis. It is the difference between an opinion and an informed opinion.

Also do keep in mind we have an audience. This is not about a mano-a-mano pissing contest. Like I said: 7th grader.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
Begging the question is not an argument.

His lawyers are making several arguments not just the one. Resorting?

I have an idea: how about you quit trying to characterize and start making actual rebuttals? you argue like a 7th grader.

I have made actual rebuttals. You argue like a 6th grader.

The fact that NFLPA hasn't challenged the policy in 3 years leads me to believe that Roger was within his legal rights to do so. I've heard that suggested on talk radio and read it in this and other forums. (Real rebutal)

My understanding is that the policy itself is not in question, and that Zeke would need to prove conspiracy. (Real rebutal)

If I'm wrong, please point me to your supporting information.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
More characterization. Boring.

You of course are entitled to your opinion but you cannot support with any basis. It is the difference between an opinion and an informed opinion.

Also do keep in mind we have an audience. This is not about a mano-a-mano pissing contest. Like I said: 7th grader.
If I was a boat, @FuzzyLumpkins would be my lighthouse.
If I wreck, homie... I'mma gon' wreck you.

Thank Cthulhu I know you'll guide me in the correct course.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I have made actual rebuttals. You argue like a 6th grader.

The fact that NFLPA hasn't challenged the policy in 3 years leads me to believe that Roger was within his legal rights to do so. I've heard that suggested on talk radio and read it in this and other forums. (Real rebutal)

My understanding is that the policy itself is not in question, and that Zeke would need to prove conspiracy. (Real rebutal)

If I'm wrong, please point me to your supporting information.

That is a non sequitur. This is the first case where he has given the 6 game suspension. Other people saying it and using that as proof is the ad populum fallacy. You have not proven anyone to actually say that either. It has not been challenged yet. That is all that you have proven.

You understanding is not a rebuttal. It is an assertion without basis. He does need to prove conspiracy. The federal law that demands fairness in labor hearings has been quoted in this thread multiple times. The judge has been quoted discussing it lending the notion credibility.

It is up to you to support your assertions not for me to prove a negative.

superonyx

Reaction score
Has anyone been suspended 6 games for DV in the last few years?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

Editing my posts is dishonorable. I do not only characterizes and rely on it in entirely. That was what I was saying about you.

Your bets, playing the martyr, derisive characterizations as rebuttal, and tone are juvenile. It is what it is.