Mosley claims we love James Casey

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
41gy#;2739972 said:
I'll say this. He looks like a fullback. The Dolphins pick at 60. He may not make it to 69. If Dallas wants him, they may have to take him at 51.

Oh, HELL no... if he's gonna go that high, let him go to someone else... I'd take him at 69, would even be comfortable with a small trade up, but that's as far as I'd go...

silverbear

Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2740007 said:
go Ron Brace on me? is that like standing around and not doing anything?:p:

He meant he'd have Brace sit on you...

Which is kinder than phoning up Herm Johnson to do it... :D

silverbear

Reaction score
BAT;2740041 said:
:D I'm so looking forward to when that finally happens. Nothing personal against Cricket, but he SUCKS.

He's fun, but he's no stud on the field...

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;2740038 said:
Again, Stash, just because he wasn't asked to block in college, it doesn't mean he CAN'T... Dave Te-Thomas, writing for NFL Draft Scout, said this:

A guy who bounces around from position to position the way Casey has in college doesn't get the schooling in fundamentals at any position... I'd be quite eager to see what he could do if the Boys used him mostly at FB (with the odd snap as Wildcat QB)...

We're talking about diversifying the offense, making it tougher for opposing D's to key in on any one aspect of that offense... give Romo weapons at WR, at TE AND at FB for his passing game...

And where exactly does this one hit wonder fit on our team? After Martellus,Witten,Austin,Crayton and three solid RB's, where does Casey fit in? Just getting those guys involved would be a miracle with Garrett let alone having another "weapon". There's already enough on Garrett's plate. We don't need some Tim Tebow wannabe in the mix too. Waste of a pick. Nicks and Robiskie are the only offensive players worth drafting in the early rounds.

Garrett could't even use Felix right. He wouldn't know what to do with Casey if he sat on his face.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2740057 said:
And where exactly does this one hit wonder fit on our team? After Martellus,Witten,Austin,Crayton and three solid RB's, where does Casey fit in? Just getting those guys involved would be a miracle with Garrett let alone having another "weapon". There's already enough on Garrett's plate. We don't need some Tim Tebow wannabe in the mix too. Waste of a pick. Nicks and Robiskie are the only offensive players worth drafting in the early rounds.

Garrett could't even use Felix right. He wouldn't know what to do with Casey if he sat on his face.

So why bother drafting anyone at all then? That's a pretty defeatist attitude.

And FYI, Casey may be a one YEAR wonder (what a year though), but he's certainly not a ONE HIT wonder. The guy has played SEVEN different positions, and very well at each. Casey scored multiple TDs at FOUR different positions. Over 110 receptions & 1300 yards and a dozen receiving TDs, 6 rushing TDs and 4 passing TDs. C'mon even you should be impressed, that is no fluke achievement.

Woods

Reaction score
BAT;2739682 said:
Then it must have been me and someone else, maybe even on another board. But I could have sworn it was this board, I know I took a heckuva lot of flack for even suggesting Casey as a FB. :D

Come on BAT, you already forgot about my memorable thread?

I wanted him as our H-Back, replacing Cricket.

:)

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
stasheroo;2739918 said:
Yeah.

LOL.

Keep 'laughing' kid.

Ignorance is bliss.

When all else fails, throw out a 'whatever'.

Like I said, I'm sure you know better from your parents' basement, than those guys getting paid to do this...

:rolleyes:

OUCH!

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2739927 said:
James Casey 4 Life!

Anyone who hates RW as much as you do how could you ever see talent. This Casey guy must really suck if you like him.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Woods;2740071 said:
Come on BAT, you already forgot about my memorable thread?

I wanted him as our H-Back, replacing Cricket.

:)

Hey Woods, I should have known it was you! I also placed Casey in either my first or second mock, and got a lot of "fail" remarks. :D

But it was your thread that started the real melee .. uh, discussion. A lot of those guys are going to be surprised when this kid starts playing on Sundays.

silverbear

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2740057 said:
And where exactly does this one hit wonder fit on our team?

I'd respond, but after last night it has become abundantly clear that you and me don't play well together... so whether you're trying to pick another fight (which I think is your agenda), or you're looking for serious discussion, look elsewhere...

I will, however, note that calling Casey a "one hit wonder" is the epitome of idiocy... the guy once played SEVEN different positions in a game, and as I said before, was slated to be the Owls' QUARTERBACK this season...

That's hardly a "one hit wonder"...

silverbear

Reaction score
BAT;2740063 said:
So why bother drafting anyone at all then? That's a pretty defeatist attitude.

BAT, you know good and well what this is about, Slate's still pissed at me for last night... I'd suggest that from this point forward, we just ignore him... after all, I think we proved pretty clearly last night that he's clueless... no need to keep beating that dead horse...

Save your energy for somebody who brings something of substance to the dialogue... :D

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
I wouldnt necessarily call him a "one hit wonder." More like a "Jack of all trades, master of none." And thats nothing against his skills.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
silverbear;2740084 said:
BAT, you know good and well what this is about, Slate's still pissed at me for last night... I'd suggest that from this point forward, we just ignore him... after all, I think we proved pretty clearly last night that he's clueless... no need to keep beating that dead horse...

Save your energy for somebody who brings something of substance to the dialogue... :D

Yeah, I know, like shooting fish in a barrell, not much of a challenge. On another note, you have to be the first nocturnal bear I ever came across.

Maybe we should start calling you Owl Bear. Then again, I should be in bed too. We'll have at it w/someone else tomorrow, I'm sure. Only 3 more days left. :D

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
BAT;2740092 said:
Yeah, I know, like shooting fish in a barrell, not much of a challenge. On another note, you have to be the first nocturnal bear I ever came across.

Maybe we should start calling you Owl Bear. Then again, I should be in bed too. We'll have at it w/someone else tomorrow, I'm sure. Only 3 more days left. :D

This is what makes the draft fun. No one has any idea if Jerry has a sweet tooth for this guy or is trying to get the neighbors worked up by letting the pie cool in the window.

Either way, right after he is picked by Dallas or not the threads should be fun!:p:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
silverbear;2740028 said:
My only reservation is if he can block well enough for the running game... other than that, I'm all for this rumor...

That's really my only reservation too.

If Casey's role on the team would be fullback, he needs to show that he'd be able to handle the blocking duties.

And I see a versatile player, but not necessarily a quality blocker.

It's too bad we're on different schedules Bear, it would have been a good conversation on this subject.

Woods

Reaction score
stasheroo;2740111 said:

If Casey's role on the team would be fullback, he needs to show that he'd be able to handle the blocking duties.

It's too bad we're on different schedules Bear, it would have been a good conversation on this subject.

Clearly as an in-line blocking TE, he's going to be challenged given his size and weight.

However, as FB, he has very good size.

IMO, I think there's a very good chance we draft an H-Back type and/or a big blocking TE.

Quite possibly, Hannah can be tried out as the H-Back, but Casey's skill set is much, much better, IMO.

silverbear

Reaction score
BAT;2740092 said:

I work graveyard shifts at a hotel, BAT... I'm always awake at that hour...

silverbear

Reaction score
stasheroo;2740111 said:

I always enjoy going round and round with you, stash...

As for Casey, I suspect that one of the things the Boys will be looking to see is if he has the potential to be a decent blocker, when they work him out with that "contingent"...

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
silverbear;2740180 said:
I always enjoy going round and round with you, stash...

As for Casey, I suspect that one of the things the Boys will be looking to see is if he has the potential to be a decent blocker, when they work him out with that "contingent"...

hey Bear, what i would suggest, the scout that is going to houston to look at casey today, have The Moose go with him too look at Casey, the Moose could tell you if he could do the fullback position.

silverbear

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2740280 said:
hey Bear, what i would suggest, the scout that is going to houston to look at casey today, have The Moose go with him too look at Casey, the Moose could tell you if he could do the fullback position.

Hey, if Johnston's around the area, I'd definitely give him a buzz and ask him to tag along...