Movies - Bad but enjoyable

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Movies that are considered bad, that I like ....

There are some old spaghetti Westerns with Terence Hill and Bud Spencer called "My Name is Trinity" and "Trinity is Still My Name."

Those two are great, and there's another one that Hill did with Henry Fonda called "My Name is Nobody."

I would also add "Fast Times at Ridgemont High," sort of a cult classic.

I have to list a movie called "Flashpoint." It's pretty obscure ... stars Kris Kristofferson, Treat Williams and Rip Torn. About a couple of Border Patrol agents who discover clues to the JFK assassionation 20 years after it happened. I love that movie ... that makes one of us.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
You guys watch all that junk...........I'd rather warch the History or Discovery Channel.lol
Why do you watch that when you lived through all of it :D

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I would also add "Fast Times at Ridgemont High," sort of a cult classic

Fast Times is classic because of Spicoli, Mr Hand and Pheobe Cates....you know what scene I'm talking about :bravo:

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
junk said:
Well, you should watch junk, you never know what that witty, clever and articulate guy is going to say next.

I love the History channel and Discovery channel as well. Do I watch too much television and movies? Maybe I should move somewhere that there is actually something to do.

I agree junk your post are all of the above.

I would like to move to the mountains...but then I always think........will I be able to get the Cowboy games on TV. :)

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Why do you watch that when you lived through all of it :D

Just remenising Yeag........you &*&*(&(*&)(_( :D

Here's some movies for ya............Blackboard Jungle, War of the Worlds, Thunder Road, Love Me Tender, Invasion of the Bodiy Snatchers, Peyton Place, Return to Peyton Place, Sink the Bismark, Run Silent Run Deep,Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, The Thing, Invaders from Mars, I was a Teenage wearwolf, The Great Escape.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Chief said:
There are some old spaghetti Westerns with Terence Hill and Bud Spencer called "My Name is Trinity" and "Trinity is Still My Name."

Those two are great, and there's another one that Hill did with Henry Fonda called "My Name is Nobody."

I own all of those on dvd Chief... very funny movies!

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
I agree junk your post are all of the above.

I would like to move to the mountains...but then I always think........will I be able to get the Cowboy games on TV. :)

Sure you can get all the games, invest in the NFL Sunday Ticket. It turns you into a lazy pile on Sundays as you proceed to watch football from about noon until 10 PM.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Chief said:
I always knew you had good taste.

:shake:

Likewise, sir...

Terence Hill did a later movie called "Lucky Luke" based on the western comic... but it didn't work without Bambino...

As far as comedy Westerns, they are the best... second only to "Support Your Local Sheriff"

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
junk said:
Sure you can get all the games, invest in the NFL Sunday Ticket. It turns you into a lazy pile on Sundays as you proceed to watch football from about noon until 10 PM.

Ummmmmmmmmm food for thought.I may retire sooner rather than later. ;)

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
In the opposite form of this thread, I want to point out some movies traditionally considered good that were horrible.

The Breakfast Club, Say Anything, St. Elmo's Fire, Sixteen Candles, and movie with Molly Ringwald. I think the same guy (or two guys) wrote most of these. They were horrible. I sat throught the Breakfast club once, and nothing that happened was funny, dramatic, etc.

Now I should point out, I didn't grow up in the eighties, rather, the nineties. But if that was how you people were in that decade, well....you are some shallow MFers.....

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crown Royal said:
In the opposite form of this thread, I want to point out some movies traditionally considered good that were horrible.

The Breakfast Club, Say Anything, St. Elmo's Fire, Sixteen Candles, and movie with Molly Ringwald. I think the same guy (or two guys) wrote most of these. They were horrible. I sat throught the Breakfast club once, and nothing that happened was funny, dramatic, etc.

Now I should point out, I didn't grow up in the eighties, rather, the nineties. But if that was how you people were in that decade, well....you are some shallow MFers.....

Well I think I kinda grew up in the eighties and nineties... And I luv'd the brat pack movies. And yes some were shallow, but a little mindless entertainment never hurt anybody. Sixteen Candles is a classic. I also have to admit one of my fav from that era was Valley Girl with a young Nicholas Cage.:eek:

On the flip side, I wouldn't say too much about the teen movies of the nineties which were primarily remakes of old 70s and 80s teen movies or pseudo-urban gangsta movies displaying the trials and tribulations of life in the 'hood. I grew up in the 'hood and it wasn't ANYTHING like those movies.

Granted I liked alot of movies which came out in the 90s, but the sheer originality and corniness of some of the movies in the 80s is why I liked them.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:

Sixteen candles is funny because of The Geek and Long Duck Dong :D

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Sixteen candles is funny because of The Geek and Long Duck Dong :D

"No more yanky my wanky. The Donger need food!" - Long Duck Dong

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HAHA great lines from that sixteen candles movie

But don't forget Weird Science...stupid movie but some great lines in that one as well.

Also a movie that is really dumb, but I just find it funny everytime I watch it...Ali G in Da house.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
HAHA great lines from that sixteen candles movie

But don't forget Weird Science...stupid movie but some great lines in that one as well.

Also a movie that is really dumb, but I just find it funny everytime I watch it...Ali G in Da house.
Weird Science was ok but I have never like Kelly LeBrock so I have never really cared much about it.

I tried to watch Ali G on HBO and didn't care for it.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister said:
Weird Science was ok but I have never like Kelly LeBrock so I have never really cared much about it.

I tried to watch Ali G on HBO and didn't care for it.

The movie and the show on HBO is a little different.

I like the show but you have to realize that his whole thing is an act just to throw some of the people off.

These people think he really acts that way and is that stupid when he interviews them...actually the best part of the show is when he plays the guy from a middle eastern country and it really throws people off.

If you go into it thinking he is really like that then there is no humor to it....now it is in some ways stupid, but in other ways it is genius how he gets these people riled up.

Oh and LeBrock...when I was young....wow those lips :D

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Prince of Darkness

Road House

Urban Cowboy

The Big Easy

Prince of the City

First Blood

Halloween

Race with the Devil

Dune

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Halloween is the best horror movie ever.
First Blood - Rambo...enough said

Bad movies that I enjoy watching?

Cliffhanger
Fast and the Furious (don't ask me why...I still don't know)
Twister
Hard Bodies...the collection

You gotta love Smokey and the Bandit! ;)