Movies so bad you walked out

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Typically, I only go to the Theater to see films that can only be seen properly on the Big Screen. If I can see it at home, I usually will. Of course, there are also those few movies that I have to go see because it's the Anniversary or Birthday or some such. I never walk out of those. I usually never wanted to see them to begin with so I immediately know I will not enjoy them. Sometimes, you just gotta stay the course.

GMO415

Reaction score
I had to sit through Trolls with the wife and girls....then we went and had dinner and beers. I though I should of had the beers before that movie.

Xelda

Reaction score
I had to sit through Trolls with the wife and girls....then we went and had dinner and beers. I though I should of had the beers before that movie.
Definitely beers before Trolls! You may be up for sainthood after that movie with the family.

Xelda

Reaction score
I find that my patience and tolerance clock has shortened down to no more than 10 minutes, at the most. If someone tells me "now it starts off slow so ya gotta stay with it", I ask "why"? Why do I have to eat all of my vegetables or I don't get any pudding? Screw that, I want pudding and then more pudding. I don't trust those people, they wasted part of their life and now want company.

If I start watching a DVD and it doesn't grab me within 10, I'm out. Like you say, I don't want to say to myself "well, that's an hour and a half I'll never get back" because I don't know how many I've got left. I hit my knees after "Mama Mia" and thanked God for not taking me right after that movie. I would have done some serious haunting if He had.

And I don't know if I am just weirding out, my wife thought so, but most of the time I choose to watch something that I've seen numerous times that I know I like rather than risk watching a loser. And there are parts of films that I know I don't want to see again like Open Range when he shoots the dog, I ff through that and I cut off the end of Saving Private Ryan, everybody lives. I change the ending by not watching them. If I don't see it, it doesn't exist. Kind of like the monster in the closet or under the bed. Well, not under the bed because I have seen him.

And what the hell is it with Bruce Willis in every DTV film? He's getting as bad as Eric Roberts and Seagal. I used to like him but he's mailed it in too much and is way overexposed. What's next? Filming him sleeping and using that as stock footage? And featuring Bruce Willis as "the sleeping man". And I'll tune in for Seagal movies just to see what he's done to his hair. Lordy, he looks like he has Ruth Buzzi's hairnet on from Laugh In.

That had me rolling and I know the feeling.

I do that too.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Spies Like Us, damn that was terrible
I think it was the first Star Trek, we had to drive 30 miles to get to the movies, went to se "10", it was sold out, nothing else was going to be good enough.
Someone else said Popeye, I forgot I even tried to watch that one

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Despicable Me.

I'm open to kids movies as some of them are pretty good, but PAIN. Awful PAIN when trying to watch that movie.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Spies Like Us, damn that was terrible
I think it was the first Star Trek, we had to drive 30 miles to get to the movies, went to se "10", it was sold out, nothing else was going to be good enough.
Someone else said Popeye, I forgot I even tried to watch that one
So you missed the part in Spies Like Us with Vanessa Angel in her underwear? Worth the price of admission!...and Donna Dixon was one of my favorites!

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
Hardware (1990)
Transylvania 6-5000
Club Paradise
The Dungeonmaster

I picked lousy movies in the 80s

9darter

Reaction score
Pretty much the entire film industry. Don't care for that political/moralistic trash anymore.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Never walked out of a movie because I don't pay to watch bad movies, but I have quit watching the first Harry Potter(fell asleep midway) and the last Die Hard where he's always whining and arguing with his son in the street with everything happening around him.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Hell Boy II - My sister and her husband wanted to see it, than called me and bailed after I had already bought tickets for my girlfriend and myself. Watched about 15 minutes of it than left.

timb2

Reaction score
So many bad and stupid movies that the Movie Industry has put out. I hated those Puppet Master movies and when my son was young I would go to Comic Book shops with him and I would buy Action Figures for my son and those stupid Puppet Master toys would always be there and never sold. Never understood how they made about 5 of these stupid films.

timb2

Reaction score
So many of these Crap-Horror movies. Puppet Master,Leprachun, Ghoulies,.They should have their own Genre called "CRAPPOR" similar to where "The Toxic Avenger" was cheesy but funny were called "Troma".

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I have,if I wasn’t in the mood to waste my time on a movie. My 2hrs is more important than the paying of $20 to get in the door paying overpriced drink and valet parking service fees and showing tickets to velvet rope type guys at different levels. Only to sit there and be waiting for it to either get better,or just end please,so I can finally get up to take a pee,and sneak unsuspectingly with my popcorn and soda into the other corridors around the concourse of other prime exhibitions.....and no ones the wiser for it. Ha,ha,ha... Oh wait...I’m thinking of strip clubs and massage parlors. Never mind.....next.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I just walked out of Tully starring Charlize Theron. Somehow it got some good reviews and a high rating on Rotten Tomatoes, but I thought it was AWFUL. It's about a frustrated mother whose kids are wearing her out, but it offered nothing that you can't get from going to the mall and listening to other people's kids scream. I couldn't stand any of the characters. It was a mixture of boredom and pain. I finally couldn't stand it anymore and walked out. The reviews said it was funny. It wasn't.

What a waste of time and money. Blech. Awful. You've been warned.
Oh I hate that. When they edit and sell the previews as a comedy...and then it’s really more like a lowlight reel of all the best crappy parts of your life,and not that funny at all? That’s thievery and crookery on the basic premise of false advertising. Those are ones I grind my teeth through,fidgeting in my seat and exhaling ...”Ughhhh......ahhhhh”.

Londonboy

Reaction score
The English Patient*

I envied the guy making popcorn because he was the only one there not watching that crapfest. You can only spend so long in the bathroom and the lobby seemed good with the sun shining outside my date inflicted prison. Outside of waiting for daddy to get home so momma could expound upon my many infractions of the day and lectures in school, never has time moved so slowly as in that movie. I eventually went back in to endure another constipated hour until the main character pushed all his medicine to the nurse so she could OD him and put him out of my misery. I wanted to burst into applause and shout FINALLY! Can you believe it won the Oscar that year? There was a Seinfeld episode dedicated to the two camps of opinion over the movie.

*No offense intended towards our British fans
Your British Fan agrees with You.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Star Trek The Motion Picture.
I was 9, I loved the original series, I begged Dad to take Me to see it.
I was expecting an extra long, extra exciting episode, I got what seemed like an eternity of boredom.