Movies That Should Be A Remake and Movies That Should Never Ever Be Remade

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Put the Creature from the Black Lagoon in the Aquaman movie........2 birds, 1 lame stone.
Creature from the Black Lagoon Slaughters All Baywatch People.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of today's filmmakers take a swing at The Blob and The Tingler. The Tingler was this thing that would attach itself to your upper spine and neck and have it's way with you. As a promotion, they wired some of the seats in the theater to vibrate the first time they show the Tingler and the seat behind me was one of them and the girl screamed bloody murder and jumped up and I was wearing her Coke for the rest of the movie. They stopped the movie and the lights came up and the ushers came down the aisle. This was the premier showing and they stopped with that promotion as I wasn't the only one victimized by that. But everyone did get a kick out of it because we were just a bunch of kids and one was cold and sticky.

kskboys

Reaction score
Oh yeah....the Fraser Mummy was great fun. The Cruise one? I never got more than 20 minutes in and was gone. The lighting is what’s most wrong with it. Where they take all the warmth out,and has a bleached out look. It ruins it right there every time for me. Film makers have been using that trend,and it think it absolutley stinks. It’s called “Tungsten” lighting on my camera...and I typically do not use it,for that same reason. It whitewashes all the color out...giving you that drab fluorescent look. “Oh yes.....let’s make it look like a stark public bathroom,that should be fun for the folks coming in to enjoy a good time”. It’s depressing and works against humor too. The only cool thing about that film was the premier where they had a 75ft tall sarcophagus at Hollywood and Highliand Center. Got to see that,and was like...whoa!!! Super duper cool.
I put the latest mummy into the "mildly entertaining, but forgettable" category and just move on.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Creature from the Black Lagoon Slaughters All Baywatch People.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of today's filmmakers take a swing at The Blob and The Tingler. The Tingler was this thing that would attach itself to your upper spine and neck and have it's way with you. As a promotion, they wired some of the seats in the theater to vibrate the first time they show the Tingler and the seat behind me was one of them and the girl screamed bloody murder and jumped up and I was wearing her Coke for the rest of the movie. They stopped the movie and the lights came up and the ushers came down the aisle. This was the premier showing and they stopped with that promotion as I wasn't the only one victimized by that. But everyone did get a kick out of it because we were just a bunch of kids and one was cold and sticky.
Yes!!! The Tingler!! William Castle was the best showman. I picked up “13 Ghosts” a couple years ago,and had some cheap 3D glasses handy. That was good stuff,I bet kids loved those movies he did. Totally silly now,but cult classics all the same.

kskboys

Reaction score
I go through a ton of films...and I’m not paying anything for them anyways,so I just bail when I see em going nowhere,and pop up another.
I've actually gotten better about turning a movie off. I used to feel as if I had to watch all of it since I paid for it. I think The English Patient cured me of that!!!!!!!!!!!! I think that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Even beat Out of Africa for just boringness!!!

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I've actually gotten better about turning a movie off. I used to feel as if I had to watch all of it since I paid for it. I think The English Patient cured me of that!!!!!!!!!!!! I think that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Even beat Out of Africa for just boringness!!!
Yeah,by all means bail. That’s your time,and not worth wasting regardless of money spent. Sitting there grinding your teeth for 2hrs is no fun at all.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Add any English drama where they just stare at each other. They're staring at each other, I'm staring at the screen and none of us are happy.

Try on Far From the Madding Crowd to see if you can beat The English Patient. I was sitting on the aisle and fell asleep and would have gotten away with it if I hadn't jerked awake and almost fallen into the aisle. Even though my wife agreed that it was boring, it was poor form to fall into the aisle but I think the people sitting around us enjoyed that more than the movie.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The most fun I have had in a movie was in NYC when Rocky II came out. I had some time to kill and bought a ticket, a scalped movie ticket because it was sold out and I discovered that wasn't unusual at that time. Anyway, at the end of the match guys are standing and yelling like a real fight, so I stand up and start yelling and notice everyone is on their feet and screaming Get up, Rocky, Get Up!!!! in a sold out theater and when he does get up the place erupted and this total stranger hugs me and we high five and I'm high fiving all around and we're all missing the end of the movie. That was the first place I have ever been where the "Yo Rock" and "Yo Rockeeee"s were authentic.

blindzebra

Reaction score
I would like to see a new Creature from the Black Lagoon today, I feel many younger people missed out on that one and would enjoy it.

Also, I want to see an Aquaman movie made :thumbup:
It has been made and won the Oscar...The Shape of Water, is a retelling of CFTBL.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah,by all means bail. That’s your time,and not worth wasting regardless of money spent. Sitting there grinding your teeth for 2hrs is no fun at all.
I set my phone alarm for 10 minutes when the film actually starts and if it hasn't hooked me or has something really stupid in that time, it's done. Unless someone who's opinion I really trust has told me to stay with it.

And the operative word there is trust because I've gotten some bum tips on BBQ, Mexican food and Pizza from people.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I set my phone alarm for 10 minutes when the film actually starts and if it hasn't hooked me or has something really stupid in that time, it's done. Unless someone who's opinion I really trust has told me to stay with it.

And the operative word there is trust because I've gotten some bum tips on BBQ, Mexican food and Pizza from people.
Well, maybe you shouldn't be asking bums for their advice on good food!

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Add any English drama where they just stare at each other. They're staring at each other, I'm staring at the screen and none of us are happy.

Try on Far From the Madding Crowd to see if you can beat The English Patient. I was sitting on the aisle and fell asleep and would have gotten away with it if I hadn't jerked awake and almost fallen into the aisle. Even though my wife agreed that it was boring, it was poor form to fall into the aisle but I think the people sitting around us enjoyed that more than the movie.
It’s “stoicism”. Yuck....hate stoicism. It’s so frustratingly removed. Like say what you want to get off your chest already,grab the girl and kiss her,laugh and let’s move along before I explode. Feelings are human. There’s nothing human in suppressing feelings and going around with blank looks on their faces. Drives me nuts!! I’ve never seen either “The English Doo Doo” or “Out of Crapaka” because I KNOW it’s going to be that kind of constipated flick. I’m sure they are fine films ect,and many people like them,but it’s just not my brand of tea. And I’m curious...why is it that formula of film is always an academy award winner? Are there really that many people who like being stoics? Like being with my ex-wife. Rigid.

Chrispierce

Reaction score

Lmao!! Hilarious.

DcFootball4

Reaction score
They should NEVER have tried to redo Willy Wonka, I get it was changed to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but gosh was that bad. Especially what they attempted to pass off as Umpa Lumpa's. I also never EVER want to see/hear that yet another Saw, Pirates, Star Wars is coming out. They are just ruining Star Wars/Pirates of Caribbean now imo, just trying to keep on milking the cash cow. Saw just should've never come out in the first place.

Edit: I almost forgot, I love Batman and certain other Superhero movies, but my lord! Stop it already, not every single comic needs a movie.

Side Note: I want Bale back as Batman! Not saying Affleck is bad, just Bale was the best ever imo.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, maybe you shouldn't be asking bums for their advice on good food!
Hell, no one else will talk to me and I have to pay the bums and it's above minimum wage. But I do get grooming tips and learned it's not called stubble, it's called "ain't got a razor".

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s “stoicism”. Yuck....hate stoicism. It’s so frustratingly removed. Like say what you want to get off your chest already,grab the girl and kiss her,laugh and let’s move along before I explode. Feelings are human. There’s nothing human in suppressing feelings and going around with blank looks on their faces. Drives me nuts!! I’ve never seen either “The English Doo Doo” or “Out of Crapaka” because I KNOW it’s going to be that kind of constipated flick. I’m sure they are fine films ect,and many people like them,but it’s just not my brand of tea. And I’m curious...why is it that formula of film is always an academy award winner? Are there really that many people who like being stoics? Like being with my ex-wife. Rigid.
Your ex wife called and said rigid would have been better,

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Your ex wife called and said rigid would have been better,
Oh that woman....ice cold. We were talking last year for a bit,after not for years and years. I laid my best stand up routines on her.....not even a “Lol”. THAT’S stoicism on steroids. Blah...puke...no thanks,don’t need folks like that in my life.