Movies That Should Be A Remake and Movies That Should Never Ever Be Remade

Chrispierce

Reaction score
They should NEVER have tried to redo Willy Wonka, I get it was changed to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but gosh was that bad. Especially what they attempted to pass off as Umpa Lumpa's. I also never EVER want to see/hear that yet another Saw, Pirates, Star Wars is coming out. They are just ruining Star Wars/Pirates of Caribbean now imo, just trying to keep on milking the cash cow. Saw just should've never come out in the first place.

Edit: I almost forgot, I love Batman and certain other Superhero movies, but my lord! Stop it already, not every single comic needs a movie.

Side Note: I want Bale back as Batman! Not saying Affleck is bad, just Bale was the best ever imo.
Ohhhhh that remake of Willy Winka was terrible. The only funny stuff was Deep Roy rocking out. Which reminds me....Frankenweenie was a good representation of Frankenstein. As was Young Frankenstein.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh that woman....ice cold. We were talking last year for a bit,after not for years and years. I laid my best stand up routines on her.....not even a “Lol”. THAT’S stoicism on steroids. Blah...puke...no thanks,don’t need folks like that in my life.
Yeah, I feel the same way. I lay my A material on people and they don't laugh, they're doing that on purpose. I get outta sight and they're guffawing, knee slapping and peeing in their pants.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Yeah, I feel the same way. I lay my A material on people and they don't laugh, they're doing that on purpose. I get outta sight and they're guffawing, knee slapping and peeing in their pants.
Yeah....she didn’t use to be that way. Seems anytime I talk to an old friend or something,they’ve gotten wooden and stale,while my material got better. Go figure? Oh well....life is too short,and so am I.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Oh crud....I forgot! There’s this one music video..that does a great take on Frankenstein. Filmed it in “The Court of Miracles” too. (I think?) So add that in there.

Last edited:

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Never remake: Slingblade. The Good the Bad and the ugly. The Shawshank redemption. To kill a Mockingbird.

Remake: The Grapes of Wrath.
Why the Grapes of Wrath? I mean where are you ever going to find another Charlie Grapewin? He’s one of a kind. I say unless the Cohen Brothers do it..(ala: “oh lord where art thou”) it’s probably not going to play to well. But you’re right about the others. Especially a spaghetti western. Tuco is Tuco. Forget about anyone topping him. Fav character bandito of all time. “You know something blonde!!! You’re a soooon of a ...” Looooool.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Hey thanks guys for bringing up all those flicks. Got my movie menu laid out. Willow,Grapes of Wrath,GB and Ugly, Seen the others recently,but those are ones I haven’t in awhile. So thanks again!

Last edited:

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Willow turned 30 today
Really? Wow...that’s cool...and not. Geez has 3 decades gone by that fast??? Whoa....boy did I do a lot of partying. I’m in the beginning of Good,Bad,Ugly. You know what’s funny? The introductions go...”The Ugly,The Bad,and The Good.” Think I’ll start calling it that way. Great flick though. I’m going to watch Willow after too 408.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would like to see a remake of the movie Swamp thing. Or a series on Netflix. Better graphics than the two movies and a darker and more series tone.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would like to see a remake of the movie Swamp thing. Or a series on Netflix. Better graphics than the two movies and a darker and more series tone.
Looks like this is the closest thing Warner Bros is cooking up in the near future:

fGKWVWT.jpg

“...DC has also given a script-to-series order for Warner Bros. Television’s Swamp Thing, a one-hour drama from executive producers James Wan, Mark Verheiden, Gary Dauberman and Michael Clear.

When CDC researcher Abby Arcane returns to her childhood home of Houma, Louisiana, to investigate a deadly swamp-borne virus, she develops a surprising bond with scientist Alec Holland—only to have him tragically taken from her. But as powerful forces descend on Houma, Abby will discover that the swamp holds mystical secrets, both horrifying and wondrous—and the potential love of her life may not be dead after all. Swamp Thing will debut on DC Universe in 2019.”

https://www.warnerbros.com/blogs/2018/05/10/dc-universe-coming-2018

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looks like this is the closest thing Warner Bros is cooking up in the near future:

fGKWVWT.jpg

“...DC has also given a script-to-series order for Warner Bros. Television’s Swamp Thing, a one-hour drama from executive producers James Wan, Mark Verheiden, Gary Dauberman and Michael Clear.

When CDC researcher Abby Arcane returns to her childhood home of Houma, Louisiana, to investigate a deadly swamp-borne virus, she develops a surprising bond with scientist Alec Holland—only to have him tragically taken from her. But as powerful forces descend on Houma, Abby will discover that the swamp holds mystical secrets, both horrifying and wondrous—and the potential love of her life may not be dead after all. Swamp Thing will debut on DC Universe in 2019.”

https://www.warnerbros.com/blogs/2018/05/10/dc-universe-coming-2018

Ok...I Will need your username and password to watch that show. :D

I am still waiting on @YosemiteSam to give me his login info so I can watch the CBS Star Trek show. :p

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Ok...I Will need your username and password to watch that show. :D

I am still waiting on @YosemiteSam to give me his login info so I can watch the CBS Star Trek show. :p

Ha! I cancelled it while I wait for the new season. :) If they would produce them year around, I would keep my subscription year around!

You haven't gotten to watch Discovery yet?

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ha! I cancelled it while I wait for the new season. :) If they would produce them year around, I would keep my subscription year around!

You haven't gotten to watch Discovery yet?

No...have not watched the new one yet.

I thought about getting a card (subscription) just to watch it but never got around to it.

Watching West World now. Saw they were doing a Japanese Shogun episode or something and wanted to see it but wanted to watch the first season and get caught up on second season so I would know what is going on.

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
Remake:

The Toxic Avenger
Killer Klowns from Outer Space
Maximum Overdrive
Looker

Don't Remake:

Roadhouse
Gremlins
The Outsiders
Stand By Me

jsb357

Reaction score
I heard rumors a couple years back about a possible "Cool Hand Luke" remake.

I'm glad that rumor died on the vine.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't Remake:

Roadhouse
I have but only one request if someone DOES decide to remake Roadhouse...

Do not. I repeat. Do not have the main female lead actress wear a picnic cloth during any part of the movie.

That crap Kelly Lynch was forced to wear, trying to make her look like a Plain Jane, was hideous. The main things I reminisce about the movie are the fight scenes, Patrick Swayze and Sam Elliott, Tinker and the polar bear, and that awful dress. Lynch had a solid figure and it still did not do anything in that dress. /rant