Mr. GM Jones, Please do the Needful

Londonboy

Reaction score
Hahahaha! They already brought in a couple DTs. A good running game can't save Dak. Remember he had Zeke as a rookie. Besides I'm enjoying watching this circus. Go Ravens!!
In order for the Ravens to go, they 1st need to start, 0-2 and (so far not) counting

CCBoy

Reaction score
That's true! But I'm only rooting for them this week. It's the Giants the following week.
Nick: I think it's a little more simpler than all of that. The Cowboys have had trouble with teams that try to get physical with them and run over them. If a team can strike first, and do so by running the ball and setting the tone, then it's usually something that keeps happening throughout the game. If you look at this front-7 the last few years, we're not talking about the biggest guys in the world. Micah Parsons is built like a linebacker but rushes the passer. We've seen a handful of linebackers that look like safeties. So when it comes to rushing the passer and playing pass defense, that's a mismatch that can favor the Cowboys. But everything has a flip side. And so when they face teams that are physical and like to run the ball and have backs that have a great mix of power and speed, it can cause problems. All of the losses the last few years have been against teams that have run the ball effectively. So to me, it's less about scheme and more about physicality. But to be honest, that's probably not a good thing.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/mailbag-defending-a-shanahan-based-scheme

The team can't stand toe to toe and pop them in the jaw by being tough.

The measured responses just might look pretty. Always looking like you are flat footed.

Eddie

Reaction score
The only thing which will save the team is for the Jones family to step aside.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The only thing which will save the team is for the Jones family to step aside.
I'm glad you call that being a fan. Can't stomach the team, LEAVE. That used to be called manning up. New world...oh, you bet.

Try Joe Cocker.

CCBoy

Reaction score
"Probably the worst game my career, to be honest," defensive tackle Osa Odighizuwa said. "Doesn't matter what week it is, play a game like that, it's going to be upsetting, going to be frustrating."

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/run-defense-determined-to-get-back-on-track

Coach, your team is embarrassed. You better let the dogs loose, here or it's on your organization at fault. The resolutions are all there, and we fans have a full view. Not excuses now.

CCBoy

Reaction score
given the state of the team, and their need to do any and all to secure a franchise qb, i'm not sure this matters.
My name is Hank
I drive a tank
Until it started to stank
Then took it to the flank...

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think that the Cowboys can help their cause to not only make the playoffs but to go far with 2 roster moves. Trade for a legitimate DT and trade for a legitimate RB. Just my layman's opinion that these 2 moves would help greatly in stopping the run, and running the ball.

People will say the RB can’t be fixed because of the scheme. I disagree. You do not have to run the ball for a lot of yards. You just have to be able to run when you need to run.

I don’t know how many people remember but when Hankins was originally signed, the run defense immediately improved. Hankins also played in the GB disaster but Quinns defense was flawed. Give Zimmer a legitimate NT and he’ll fix the defense.

Mr. GM Jerry Jones, please do the needful.
My tea's gone cold I'm wondering why I got out of bed at all
The morning rain clouds up my window and I can't see at all
And even if I could it'd all be gray, but your picture on my wall
It reminds me, that it's not so bad, it's not so bad

CCBoy

Reaction score
My tea's gone cold I'm wondering why I got out of bed at all
The morning rain clouds up my window and I can't see at all
And even if I could it'd all be gray, but your picture on my wall
It reminds me, that it's not so bad, it's not so bad
A flask of ice cold tequila and a small snort of salt...:thumbup: Test LB Eric Kendricks.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
Nick: I think it's a little more simpler than all of that. The Cowboys have had trouble with teams that try to get physical with them and run over them. If a team can strike first, and do so by running the ball and setting the tone, then it's usually something that keeps happening throughout the game. If you look at this front-7 the last few years, we're not talking about the biggest guys in the world. Micah Parsons is built like a linebacker but rushes the passer. We've seen a handful of linebackers that look like safeties. So when it comes to rushing the passer and playing pass defense, that's a mismatch that can favor the Cowboys. But everything has a flip side. And so when they face teams that are physical and like to run the ball and have backs that have a great mix of power and speed, it can cause problems. All of the losses the last few years have been against teams that have run the ball effectively. So to me, it's less about scheme and more about physicality. But to be honest, that's probably not a good thing.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/mailbag-defending-a-shanahan-based-scheme

The team can't stand toe to toe and pop them in the jaw by being tough.

The measured responses just might look pretty. Always looking like you are flat footed.
This goes back to at least the 2018/19 playoffs when the Rams pounded us with the run....this FO has never appropriately fixed it.

CCBoy

Reaction score
To win in the playoffs you have to be able to run and stop the run. WE CANT DO EITHER.
Arrival at game 3 is far from the established direction that the talent level of a 3 straight 12 win team. Things will adjust...too much real talent not to make in roads.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I think that the Cowboys can help their cause to not only make the playoffs but to go far with 2 roster moves. Trade for a legitimate DT and trade for a legitimate RB. Just my layman's opinion that these 2 moves would help greatly in stopping the run, and running the ball.

People will say the RB can’t be fixed because of the scheme. I disagree. You do not have to run the ball for a lot of yards. You just have to be able to run when you need to run.

I don’t know how many people remember but when Hankins was originally signed, the run defense immediately improved. Hankins also played in the GB disaster but Quinns defense was flawed. Give Zimmer a legitimate NT and he’ll fix the defense.

Mr. GM Jerry Jones, please do the needful.
March 2024:
"I think that the Cowboys can help their cause to not only make the playoffs but to go far with 2 roster moves. Trade/sign a legitimate DT and trade/sign a legitimate RB"

Nothing has changed including the ability of the dopes who run this team to get out of their own way and to understand how or be willing to actually improve it most

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Only a simplistic mind would think the Cowboys would have fared better or won if they had Aaron Donald at DT.. LOL.. the Saints might have only scored 5 TDs on 5 straight possessions out of 6. The entire defense was shredded. As for RB, they could have improved it greatly this offseason.. but the dimwitted duo screwed that up too..

Maybe if the two players were the Incredible Hulk and the Flash. But no two mortals are gonna move the needle right now. Need more than that.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
March 2024:
"I think that the Cowboys can help their cause to not only make the playoffs but to go far with 2 roster moves. Trade/sign a legitimate DT and trade/sign a legitimate RB"

Nothing has changed including the ability of the dopes who run this team to get out of their own way and to understand how or be willing to actually improve it most
Be miserable. It’s a choice.