Twitter: Muhammad Wilkerson Cut

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
No,that's not how it worked out at all. They both caused them problems,and it's been talked about plenty. That's the context of the argument.

I mean they did work out, but nice rebuttal I guess...?
Hardy got paid $8M for 6 sacks off the RE. Well worth it. Caused locker room drama and we were able to cut bait with him with no dead cap.

Ro McClain was our best defensive player in 2014, winning us multiple games and we were able to sign him for relatively cheap given his off field antics. We dont have the success we did in 2014 without him.

The Ro signing was better than the Hardy signing, so while Hardy wasnt nearly as great as Ro for us it still was beneficial.

All in all two horrible examples of reasons not to sign Mo.

I'm on the fencex but I think there will be a large enough market from other teams that I'd side against going after Mo.

conner01

Reaction score
This is actually the kind of project we like to undertake if he'll take a short term deal that pays ok but has no commitment. We reportedly had some interest in him a couple of seasons ago, too, iirc.
The only way I’d be interested is a one year prove it deal
I don’t think he is committed to being great but wants to be paid like he’s great

conner01

Reaction score
So what is it, we people complaining they don't spend for players, now we have people saying don't spend for players good players.
Ones definition of good may be the issue
He’s had two years he earned what he was paid and 3.5 sacks to me is not all that good

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's see, he got $53 million guaranteed in a new deal in 2016 then was deactivated for parts of 2017 for violating team rules and missing meetings only to be released in 2018. :facepalm:
Wow. Dude has made 50 million already. He will be out of our range.

Yes and No.

That contract didn't guarantee him 53M unless he was on the roster in March of 2018.

His career total going back to 2011 is 50.8M.

Reactions: BAT

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Low effort guy since he got paid, and had issues finding the building on time with the Jets. Can't see that this would be any better in Dallas. Pass.
Motivation might be linked to how competitive the team is.

He was a high effort guy when the Jets were playoff contenders, lost some motivation when the team started gutting the roster.

Happens to a lot of players.

Reactions: BAT

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Let's see, he got $53 million guaranteed in a new deal in 2016 then was deactivated for parts of 2017 for violating team rules and missing meetings only to be released in 2018. :facepalm:

:hammer: If you believe reports out there, he was a classic locker room cancer.....

gmoney112

Reaction score
Some fans will dismiss that he's a complete idiot because at one time he was an All-Pro.

This guy got paid and then dropped the fascade.

He's definitely not a guy you spend on, but if he was willing to workout and take a 1-year low value deal I'd probably do it.

RandyOh

Reaction score
Dude gave up once he got his money. Huge talent but does no good if he has no love for football. He got his 50+mil. lets see who he can sucker in to give him another nice chunk of cash before he walks away from the league for good.