My CD "Open to Interpretation" is for sale...

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;3281238 said:
Woo hoo, I am getting my CD, and an 8X10 autographed glossy.......

I'm making room on the wall, it's going between my Donny Osmand and Bobby Sherman glossies, and right above Boy George.

I can hardly wait!

Dang! You got the wrong Osmond. I've always had a major crush on Marie...

The autographed 8 x 10 comes once payment is received....along with a Popeil's Pocket Fisherman.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Juke, how did pepper end up in the shelter? Was she abandoned, lost or given up for adoption?

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
LeonDixson;3281342 said:
Juke, how did pepper end up in the shelter? Was she abandoned, lost or given up for adoption?

She was picked up as a stray by the pound and was schedulee to be euthanized when my shelter rescued her. So, I have no idea of her history.

I'm thinking she was with a family at one point because when I first had her home, the TV was on and in the movie, a doorbell rang, and she made a mad dash for the front door.

Funny how conditioning works...we were in the car a week or so later, the radio was on..commercial comes on....in it, a doorbell rings...and...she started barking. :)

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
jterrell;3281419 said:
that's awesome bro, Gratz!!!!

Thank you.

I'll have it on Itunes and a zillion other outlets within the next few weeks.

The next CD, with all the vocal songs, I think will do better. Instrumental CD's have a limited audience...but one of the publishers I work with was threatening me with bodily harm if I didn't put one together for distribution...so...

:)

Pukindog

Reaction score
Juke99;3281433 said:
Thank you.

I'll have it on Itunes and a zillion other outlets within the next few weeks.

The next CD, with all the vocal songs, I think will do better. Instrumental CD's have a limited audience...but one of the publishers I work with was threatening me with bodily harm if I didn't put one together for distribution...so...

Well, quit lollygagging and get it out! Broken fingers can't pluck a guitar. :p:

Beautiful work, like your dog and your passion for both. Keep it up. ;)

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Pukindog;3281721 said:
Well, quit lollygagging and get it out! Broken fingers can't pluck a guitar. :p:

Beautiful work, like your dog and your passion for both. Keep it up. ;)

Well, the schedule is, I'm in the studio during the second week of March to master all the songs. Between now and then, I'm gonna do some fix ups...also getting another drummer for the Christmas song...

So it's gonna be another couple of months.

You can keep yourself busy by reading the 2,531 mock drafts that will be posted here until then. :)

Btw, the studio I'm going into is owned by a guy I was in a band with...who sold his last studio to......Alicia Keys...

The guy I'll be working with has been nominated for several grammy's...

Should be fun.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Juke99;3282037 said:
Well, the schedule is, I'm in the studio during the second week of March to master all the songs. Between now and then, I'm gonna do some fix ups...also getting another drummer for the Christmas song...

So it's gonna be another couple of months.

You can keep yourself busy by reading the 2,531 mock drafts that will be posted here until then. :)

Btw, the studio I'm going into is owned by a guy I was in a band with...who sold his last studio to......Alicia Keys...

The guy I'll be working with has been nominated for several grammy's...

Should be fun.

Name dropper:D

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
justbob;3282134 said:
Name dropper:D

Me? :confused:

All I said was that my grammy award winning friend, who knows Alicia Keys because my grammy award winning friend, who got hooked up with Alicia Keys through Busta Rhymes, was going to work on my songs at a different studio than the one my grammy award winning friend originally owned because my grammy award winning friend sold that studio to Alicia Keys, who my grammy award winning friend was introduced to through Busta Rhymes.

I'm just sayin'.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Juke100, when you wrote these songs, did you tab them or use standard notation?

The reason I ask is I might want to beg from you one of those songs for my personal use.

:D

Of course I could not play it as well as you, but I could still get my kicks off.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
5Stars;3282511 said:
Juke100, when you wrote these songs, did you tab them or use standard notation?

The reason I ask is I might want to beg from you one of those songs for my personal use.

:D

Of course I could not play it as well as you, but I could still get my kicks off.

I don't have any notation of any kind. I can't read music. And tabs make my brain hurt.

If you require chords, etc I could do that for ya.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Juke99;3282644 said:
I don't have any notation of any kind. I can't read music. And tabs make my brain hurt.

If you require chords, etc I could do that for ya.

That's OK...I was just kinda of teasing anyway. I would'nt want to butcher your music up.

;)

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
5Stars;3283212 said:
That's OK...I was just kinda of teasing anyway. I would'nt want to butcher your music up.

;)

Well sure, butchering my songs would be reduntant. :p:

So, what do you play?

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
juke, saw this thread when you first started it but just now got a chance to take a listen. not exactly my usual type of music, but i must say that you ware very talented, bravo friend. I really enjoyed the funky sounds of "funk you" and "open to interpretation" - they sounds like exactly the kinds of songs i would love to hear some of my favorite old soul singers on. I have to say that "An unanswered prayer" speaks for itself, and it literally felt like that song was speaking to me without words, can only imagine how proud you are of that one, my favorite. Last but not least, i thought "heaven and earth" was a very powerful song that needs no words. It seems like a song that could be played in a montage of pictures of someone's life that has passed on, if that makes sense, noth heart warming and heart wrenching. Just an emotion provoking tune. Very, very good stuff- your hard work has payed off.

Kudos on the work with dogs, my parents have gotten all their dogs from shelters(cairn terrier's) and i have a wonderful blue pit bull that i took in after he was left behind in my apartment complex and has been the best gift i could have ever gotten. Keep up the good work.

wileedog

Reaction score
Juke99;3280938 said:
I adopted her knowing she has Hepatitis...so I'm pretty thankful for each day...we try to make the best of every day.

When I worked with her at the shelter, I just knew something about her was different. Not that most of the dogs there aren't great and deserving of a home but she just had a different quality about her.

The transition period of 2 years at a shelter, where her condition had degenerated to the point that she was becoming a bit aggressive and had, at times, chewed her paws to the point that she couldn't be walked, was difficult.

But she's settled in now and is doing just fine.

Thanks

Juke I gotta tell you a dog story I think you'll appreciate.

Way back when when I first got married we got a shelter dog, a lab/shephard mix who was probably my favorite dog ever. When we walked him around the neighborhood everyone called him "The Mayor", because he had to stop and meet and pal around with everyone he came into contact with.

Anyway the guy hits 6 years old, and when we were out playing in a pretty deep snow somehow manages to tear *both* the ACL's in his back legs.

So this dog that cost me $25 to pick up at a shelter now needs $5000 of surgery to replace two back knees, not to mention grueling months of rehabilitation - but of course we do it instantly because that's what you do.

Anyway not two years later the poor guy has a heart attack right in our backyard. We are devastated, and recognizing the huge hole in our family my wife after a few weeks starts looking for another dog online. And she finds another lab/shepherd mix that reminds her instantly of The Mayor.

Only problem is this dog is in terrible shape. She has spent several years on the streets and is gaunt. She has heartworms, Lyme disease and a host of minor issues. She's had a litter of pups no one knows what happened to. Most of her teeth are missing from trying to get to food in garbage cans, and she has massive scarring on her neck from a puppy collar that was put on her when she was small that was never taken off. It grew into her skin. She's been in the shelter 8 months already, and you can tell by the tone of the ad for her that there is not much time left in the shelter for a dog that is obviously not very appealing to adopt.

My heart goes out to her, but I gotta be practical too. "Hun we're still paying off the surgeries for the last guy. We can't afford all the complications of adopting another lemon, I'm sorry."

My wife understands and keeps looking. A couple of weeks later she mentions a fair she'd like to go to with our kid.

Just so happens at this fair the local dog shelter brought over their dogs in hopes of adoption. We're walking among all the caged pups and the barking is insane. With so many people around they are all crazy excited, and my head is starting to hurt from it. Then I spot this one dog just kind of lying there, taking it all in. She's not really responding to anything just watching everything go by.

I walk over to her cage and she finally stands up, walks over and licks my hand, then rubs her nose against it. It was the gentlest thing I have ever felt from a dog. I'm in love at first sight.

And then it hits me.

I turn to look at my wife and she is grinning ear to ear. The only two times I have ever seen her with a bigger smile was when I first asked for her phone number, and when I asked her to marry me. BUt this one has a total "I so owned you again" quality to it. (wait, maybe the first two did too.)

"She's the damned lemon, isn't she?!"

My wife, being her, just laughs. She knew she would be here all along.

We;ve had her for 6 years now, and she has gone from the rib-protruding 65 lbs she was when we got her to a happy and healthy 85. The worms are gone, the Lyme disease under control, and more importantly she's had the family for the last 6 years she never had for the first 2 of her life, and for a dog that survived on her own for so long she is the sweetest thing you will ever meet.

And BTW, the name the shelter had given her was Dallas. We kept it, obviously.

Anyway, sorry for the ramble, just thought you might appreciate that story.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
wileedog;3283579 said:
just thought you might appreciate that story.

I appreciated it.

Dogs Rule.

BTW, is she still missing most of her teeth? How does she eat?

wileedog

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3283583 said:
I appreciated it.

Dogs Rule.

BTW, is she still missing most of her teeth? How does she eat?

Its her front teeth between and to the side of her incisors that are gone. Probably from picking at cans. She still has most of her back molars to chew, so its not as bad an issue with dog food.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
wileedog;3283604 said:
Its her front teeth between and to the side of her incisors that are gone. Probably from picking at cans. She still has most of her back molars to chew, so its not as bad an issue with dog food.

That is a great story. my pit i picked up is the same way, all his front bottom teeth are basically down to the gums but he just chews in the back.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
sm0kie13;3283535 said:
juke, saw this thread when you first started it but just now got a chance to take a listen. not exactly my usual type of music, but i must say that you ware very talented, bravo friend. I really enjoyed the funky sounds of "funk you" and "open to interpretation" - they sounds like exactly the kinds of songs i would love to hear some of my favorite old soul singers on. I have to say that "An unanswered prayer" speaks for itself, and it literally felt like that song was speaking to me without words, can only imagine how proud you are of that one, my favorite. Last but not least, i thought "heaven and earth" was a very powerful song that needs no words. It seems like a song that could be played in a montage of pictures of someone's life that has passed on, if that makes sense, noth heart warming and heart wrenching. Just an emotion provoking tune. Very, very good stuff- your hard work has payed off.

Kudos on the work with dogs, my parents have gotten all their dogs from shelters(cairn terrier's) and i have a wonderful blue pit bull that i took in after he was left behind in my apartment complex and has been the best gift i could have ever gotten. Keep up the good work.

:) Thank you VERY much for the kind words.

I'm going back in to the studio in late March to work with a guy who's been nominated for 5 Grammy awards...so, I'm keeping up.

As far as the songs, again, thanks. I have always felt that if a songwriter can move someone without words, that's something to take pride in. So, your feedback was great. In fact, I'll be asking you guys if it's ok to use your "reviews" on the site.

Dogs. Great job by your parents and great job by you. The over population in shelters is horrendous. The number of good dogs be euthanized is "kill" shelters is also horrible.

Ya know, I've had dogs from puppyhood all my life...never brought home an adult. The experience of taking a dog from the shelter and working with it to get it back to neutral so that it can become a happy dog again, has been one of the most rewarding things I've done...

So, I can truly appreciate what you and your parents have done. You keep up the good work too. :D

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
wileedog...

If I wasn't a moderator having to be big and tough, I'd admit that your story brought tears to my eyes. :)

With your dog (and mine), my mind instantly flips back to Tom Smith's words in the movie "Seabiscuit"..."Ya don't throw away a whole life just because it's a little banged up"

That is the gold in taking home a dog that's a "little banged up"...the rehab process, while trying at times, is about the most rewarding thing you'll ever do.

I'm in the process of writing a short book for shelters...it's about adopting an adult dog and how different that process is than bringing home a puppy. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you a few questions about your experience.

Thanks again for the stories. Great stuff.