My Contract offer to Dak if I were GM

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
LOL... you spent around 5 years trying to tell me how I don't know about QB play and how Dak was the greatest thing since sliced bread... Why would I pander to your excuses for his garbage play now?
hey, didn't you see his stats when GB put in their backups? Those are numbers we dak groupies can get behind. :) Troll Beasley and Kurt Warner said it wasn't his fault.

Chasing6

Reaction score
That's really not what I asked you, was it... What I stated was the following,

Let's go to the second drive for example:

Dak throws
Zeke runs
Dak throws
Dak throws
Punt

Let's go the third drive for example:

Zeke truns
Dak throws
Dak throws
Punt

Let's go to the 4th drive in hurry up.. The last series of that drive:

Zeke runs
Dak throws
Dak takes a sack

Lets go to the 5th drive to open up the third quarter:

Zeke runs
Dak throws
Dak throws punts

Now please tell me about your assertion that Zeke was constantly running it into third and long is true, considrering Dak was throwing on SECOND AND THIRD DOWN THE MAJORITY OF THE FIRST HALF? Of course we all know that in 2018, defenses were still focused on stopping the run with Zeke and the reality is Dak couldn't make them pay, which explains the 1-10 third down conversion rate. He only was able to get past it when they went hurry up, not sit back in the pocket and make plays to sustain drives.

Now let's go back to what you stated:

Please spare me that you weren't defending Dak on a bogus claim that we kept running the ball into third and longs and that it was the teams fault for not setting up Dak for success, both completely untrue. The Rams defense focused their efforts on stopping Zeke and Dak, as usual sucked like he's consistently done in the play-offs. He was the one that failed the team, like he's always been doing.
I know the stats do not fit your narrative.

Let me ask you this question.

If the Rams ran 50 yards and Dallas ran for 273 yards who wins that game?

I'll even do one better. Please find in any game in NFL history that a team beats another team in that scenario.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
There's an argument to be made that it isn't a terrible idea. The last six Super Bowls have had a quarterback on a cheap rookie deal, Purdy, Jalen Hurts (2023),Joe Burrow (2022), Mahomes (2020 and 2021) and Jared Goff, (2019).
But Purdy and Burrow GMs aren't curbing those guys and going with a rook because they haven't won the big one...they will pay top dollar

khiladi

Reaction score
I know the stats do not fit your narrative.

Let me ask you this question.

If the Rams ran 50 yards and Dallas ran for 273 yards who wins that game?

I'll even do one better. Please find in any game in NFL history that a team beats another team in that scenario.
LOL, you entered yourself into a converstarion of mine with the following statement:

Is the QB's job easier on 3rd and 4 or 3rd and 12?

So if Dak hands the ball off 3 times and we punt, that is his fault?

The stats provided are the very definitioon of fitting my narrative, which is Dak was throwing ON SECOND AND THIRD DOWN, while Zeke was just running on FIRST DOWN.

So nice try at deflection buddy, but I'm not going to chase your deflection. You were flat out wrong. The reality is, liek I said, Dak couldn't sustain drives, as he was constantly giving the ball back to the Rams off his inability to pass the ball. Just like against the Packers this year.

Chasing6

Reaction score
LOL, you entered yourself into a converstarion of mine with the following statement:

The stats provided are the very definitioon of fitting my narrative, which is Dak was throwing ON SECOND AND THIRD DOWN, while Zeke was just running on FIRST DOWN.

So nice try at deflection buddy, but I'm not going to chase your deflection. You were flat out wrong. The reality is, liek I said, Dak couldn't sustain drives, as he was constantly giving the ball back to the Rams off his inability to pass the ball. Just like against the Packers this year.
I think we can all see clearly why. He should have been throwing on every play with those rushing stats.

During this game Goff was a bus driver and Dak was expected to be a miracle worker.

I agree Dak is not a miracle worker.

khiladi

Reaction score
I think we can all see clearly why. He should have been throwing on every play with those rushing stats.

During this game Goff was a bus driver and Dak was expected to be a miracle worker.

I agree Dak is not a miracle worker.
What we do know is that you were flat-out wrong Tad and trying to make more excuses for your brother...

Chasing6

Reaction score
But Purdy and Burrow GMs aren't curbing those guys and going with a rook because they haven't won the big one...they will pay top dollar
Lynch needs to make Purdy the highest paid QB ever for saving his job.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
They will if they go 2-5 in the playoffs...
By that time he is already paid.

Work rook deal for cheap. Get a good pay day. 3rd contract should be team friendly with heavy incentives for playoff production. Not team stat production but passer production.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Denver did it already, their FO should be praised for at least making the right choice trying to move forward from the abysmal decision with Wilson.
Totally different circumstances. The Broncos are coming off 5-12 and 8-9 seasons with Wilson as QB. Their HC (Payton) wanted to move on from Wilson. Dallas is coming off three consecutive 12-5 seasons and McCarthy has openly stated he wants Dak as his QB. It's easier to move on from a player when you aren't winning games with him.

Also, you had Wilson come into Denver and immediately start acting like a diva by requesting that he have his own office at the Broncos' headquarters. Wilson was not liked in the Denver locker room while Dak seems to be liked. Easier sell to the other players if you are getting rid of someone they don't like who also isn't winning.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't consider trading Dak if we can get him to agree to a trade. If Minnesota offered those 2 1st round picks (11 and 23) I would be very tempted to jump on that deal. Of course, Dak would have to agree.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
LOL... you spent around 5 years trying to tell me how I don't know about QB play and how Dak was the greatest thing since sliced bread... Why would I pander to your excuses for his garbage play now?
show me where I said dak is the greatest thing since slice bread. I said he is what he is. he is not elite. and that putting 100% of failures on one player is absolutely asinine.
more like you put out garbage, often taking a single play, trying (not doing) to dissect it and subsequently generalizing it across everything.
in your world its 100%, any other percentage, then you must think Dak is greatest thing since slice bread. I wish I was a such a simpleton.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
It doesn't even make sense to keep him at this point, the team is a mess! If you're looking to fix the cap it starts here.
This. Even if Jerry loves him some Dak, they are clearly sending a message that we are ready to move on, for better or worse. Now, maybe I'm wrong and Cap Boy has just transcended the art of being cheap. But all indications are (outside of one weird signing that makes no sense given the totality) that we are ready to move on from anyone, which is just how I felt after watching that Green Bay abomination.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak stats were solid that game. Actually above Troy Aikman's playoff average.
Stats still say you were completely wrong. Stats also say he was “solid” against the Packers…. Stats also say he was 1-10 on 3rd down…. Stats says he couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn on 2nd and 3rd.. Typical garbage time stats..

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
show me where I said dak is the greatest thing since slice bread. I said he is what he is. he is not elite. and that putting 100% of failures on one player is absolutely asinine.
more like you put out garbage, often taking a single play, trying (not doing) to dissect it and subsequently generalizing it across everything.
in your world its 100%, any other percentage, then you must think Dak is greatest thing since slice bread. I wish I was a such a simpleton.
No, you actually dedicated a considerable amount of time trying to tell me I didn’t know QB play and football based on the fact you through Dak was elite. I was not debating a dude that thought Dak was average or even decent.. of course you can say now “he is what he is”….

Chasing6

Reaction score

Stats still say you were completely wrong. Stats also say he was “solid” against the Packers…. Stats also say he was 1-10 on 3rd down…. Stats says he couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn on 2nd and 3rd.. Typical garbage time stats..
Once again the defense, if you can call it that, lost the game. Gave up 273 yards rushing, 3 TD's, and almost 6 yards a carry on 48, yes not a typo, 48 carries.

No team in the history of the NFL has ever one a game like that in the playoffs, regular, season or even preseason for that matter.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Denver did it already, their FO should be praised for at least making the right choice trying to move forward from the abysmal decision with Wilson.
Have you taken a look at their plan at QB this year?

Time will tell but they’ve done nothing to improve the position, or even get back 50% of what they could have had.

If they don’t solve for QB in the next 15 months, they’re going to be bad for awhile.

Jarrett Stidham is their starting QB.

The latest rumors are that they are trying to find a way to get Shadeur Sanders in 2025. We’ll see if they have the capital to make it happen.

Here are some words from their possible future

“I’m biased, but I don’t see a quarterback that’s better than me. I don’t see a quarterback that went through as much adversity as me, that had four different OCs in four years,” said Sanders. “Coming from an HBCU, coming to a Power Five program, having real pressure on me.

A lot of people don’t understand, that’s a lot more adversity than you think, just even being the son of Deion Sanders. You put any of those guys in my situation, they’re not doing that,” he added.

The Zone would eat this kid alive. We don’t even tolerate players who get tattoos.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Jalen Hurts cap hits...
2023 - 6,154,286
2024 - 13,558,800
2025 - 21,769,800
2026 - 31,771,800
2027 - 41,832,800
There’s a bit more you left off.

2028 - 47,149,000
2029 - 97,553,000

There’s another 60m of bonus money they’d be on the hook for if they kept him longer than that

Chasing6

Reaction score
Have you taken a look at their plan at QB this year?

Time will tell but they’ve done nothing to improve the position, or even get back 50% of what they could have had.

If they don’t solve for QB in the next 15 months, they’re going to be bad for awhile.

Jarrett Stidham is their starting QB.

The latest rumors are that they are trying to find a way to get Shadeur Sanders in 2025. We’ll see if they have the capital to make it happen.

Here are some words from their possible future

“I’m biased, but I don’t see a quarterback that’s better than me. I don’t see a quarterback that went through as much adversity as me, that had four different OCs in four years,” said Sanders. “Coming from an HBCU, coming to a Power Five program, having real pressure on me.

A lot of people don’t understand, that’s a lot more adversity than you think, just even being the son of Deion Sanders. You put any of those guys in my situation, they’re not doing that,” he added.

The Zone would eat this kid alive. We don’t even tolerate players who get tattoos.
Trade Trance to Denver and get our 4th round pick back.

Give him an opportunity to start and gain some experience, instead of wasting another year on the bench.