My CZ friends

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funny. I had this exact conversation with some friends. I'm staring 40 in the face, and while I'm not super unhealthy, I am definitely not a health nut as I find myself living in the junk food moment way too often. I'm really going to buckle down and be mindful of my health/things I eat because I'm not getting younger. I'm kind of into longevity. Glad to see you're hanging in there and doing better.
Longevity is overrated. But then I didn't poll those that didn't make it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's good, learn from those who have wisdom and regrets to hand down!
The ones with the real regrets ain't handing nuthin' down except by example.

Many arrive at that point in life "if I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself".

The three things I enjoy the most in life are good food, drink and cigars. That is not a healthy lifestyle; however, as I told my doc "if I do the things you want me to do, I won't have the three things I enjoy most in life so what's the point? I'll be healthier and unhappier". Then I looked at him and stuck my lower lip out all pouty like and said "I gotta be bad".

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Many arrive at that point in life "if I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself".

The three things I enjoy the most in life are good food, drink and cigars. That is not a healthy lifestyle; however, as I told my doc "if I do the things you want me to do, I won't have the three things I enjoy most in life so what's the point? I'll be healthier and unhappier". Then I looked at him and stuck my lower lip out all pouty like and said "I gotta be bad".
I agree, to a point. But when you're talking about the difference between eating cake and/or pie every day, or once or twice a week, there's not much of a dilemma for those who want to continue to enjoy things that are more important to them. Now, if cake or pie is your reason for living, by all means, pig out.

kskboys

Reaction score
I agree, to a point. But when you're talking about the difference between eating cake and/or pie every day, or once or twice a week, there's not much of a dilemma for those who want to continue to enjoy things that are more important to them. Now, if cake or pie is your reason for living, by all means, pig out.
Yes, if you want to die overweight and gasping for breath and bedridden w/ bedsores and in great pain, have at it!!!!!!!!!!!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Longer than I anticipated...pretty much day by day.........paying for the past sins of my younger days of hard partying and eating what tasted good not necessarily what was healthiest.
Woody you're back! Woo hoo. :flagwave:

It's amazing how our bodies give us wake up calls to get our acts together. Some listen, some don't. I'm glad you listened. :)

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score

Your become old when you stop doing the things you love. Stay young forever.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your become old when you stop doing the things you love. Stay young forever.
Zactly Ozzy, that's what I told my doc. Cigars and whiskey is a way of life. That and wild wild women. But my idea of a wild woman has shifted as I've matured gracefully. My idea of a wild woman now is one that can still blink without me jumping at them. Response to me jumping at them is involuntary and instinct. Blinking without stimulus shows energy.

kskboys

Reaction score
Well, that was an unnecessary visual.
Unfortunately, I'm living it w/ my mother at present. Eating, especially eating sweets, is a drug. Evidence is starting to mount that sugar is a drug, and highly addictive.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unfortunately, I'm living it w/ my mother at present. Eating, especially eating sweets, is a drug. Evidence is starting to mount that sugar is a drug, and highly addictive.
A very dangerous drug at that. It wreaks havoc on the general health of this country yet they refuse to rein these companies in and sugar does as much damage as tobacco.

One of the saddest sights I would see was at the Walmart in OK where I was for a while. I would see these 200-250+ women with their kids in tow and the kids would be huge as well. I couldn't help myself checking out their basket (while they checked out my package) and it was full of just junk. The day Twinkies came back was a day I will never forget for pure lack of self control and creamy filling gluttony.