My Last Act as a Staff Member...

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hostile;1228113 said:
That binder still looks just like that.

Yeah....and I'm pretty sure the conductor still has the same look of disbelief.

BTW, I never mentioned it, but when we went to dinner at that Italian restaurant, uh, it was a little embarrassing when you asked the waitor for extra ketchup on your linguine.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Hostile;1228113 said:
That binder still looks just like that.

What the heck was IN it?

Actually, I'm shocked Hostile even got on a subway train.

After he heard Parcells applaud "busdriver" quarterbacks, he swore off public transportation for life.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra;1228117 said:
What the heck was IN it?

Actually, I'm shocked Hostile even got on a subway train.

After he heard Parcells applaud "busdriver" quarterbacks, he swore off public transportation for life.

Musie. I'm not kidding. They would announce..."and with the 1632nd selection, the Bengals choose, Sidney Moosebladt from Alcatraz Central State Community College for the Criminally Insane and Forum Administrators...and Hos would have him looked up in his little binder within seconds.

And when he was doing that little bounce up and down in his seat thing because he found the guy in his book, it was beyond embarrassing.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Juke99;1228123 said:
Musie. I'm not kidding. They would announce..."and with the 1632nd selection, the Bengals choose, Sidney Moosebladt from Alcatraz Central State Community College for the Criminally Insane and Forum Administrators...and Hos would have him looked up in his little binder within seconds.

And when he was doing that little bounce up and down in his seat thing because he found the guy in his book, it was beyond embarrassing.

Sidney sounds like a late round gem to me.

Probably a fullback. :D

I could do this all night, and not even touch the spectrum of pleasure TH's takes have given me these past four years.

Love ya , Big Guy. :)

G'nite.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Hostile I guess i'll be see'ing you around here still.

The old Chat Room was awesome.

Even though the new one is far more advanced it didn't get much better than that one.

Im glad I got to share a couple of my goofy life experiences there with you haha.

Cowboys.net baby!!!!!!!!

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Thanks, Hos. I have witnessed your ascent into modship and I appreciate all the time and effort that the mods and sysadmins put in. I hope that you continue to post with the same regularity. There are a few posters here whom I respect enough to open and read the thread no matter the title or topic, and you are one of them.

Welcome back to the unwashed masses. :D

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hos' idea of the perfect football team is 53 fb's. I still have no idea why he's so fascinated with fb's.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Wait a minute...is this the result of us losing on Sunday? The prediction of us winning out.........

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Salute to a stand-up dude. Never seen Hos do anything other than be a class act, especially to new members.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Hostile;1226888 said:
...is to briefly sticky this thread and say thank you.

That's right, after nearly 4 years I'm stepping down, but I am not going away. It's time for me to be a regular Joe poster again.

Keep that applause to a minimum. ;)

It isn't at all easy for me. I've enjoyed very much being of service to the site membership here. I especially enjoyed the custom avatar titles. Some of them have cracked me up. Even ones I had to deny.

Thank you to all who treated me with respect when I had to be a Mod. Thank you even more to all who never forced me to be a Mod. I truly appreciate that.

Back on the old site I got to know Dale and boozeman in the old chat room. Man that was fun. When booze asked me to help out I was hesitant at first. I knew I hadn't been around as long as some members and had relatively few posts in comparison. I said as much to him and I was right, some were not cool with it. Still, I have no regrets that I said yes.

Thank you (all of you) for making this site so much fun for me as a hobby (okay, addiction). The title is gone so no more hiding behind that when I come after you in a debate. Big bad Hostile is no more. So don't you dare run.

:grin:

I especially want you all to know how appreciative I am of the staff here. What a great group of people. Each and every one of them. If you all knew how much they care about each of you it would amaze you. It truly would. Stuff you read about them on other sites, don't believe it. Whatever else you do, don't believe that stuff.

I said my thank yous to the staff in the Mod Zone earlier today and believe me that wasn't the most pleasant thing I've ever done.

There are still some great things coming for this forum soon. I'm sad that I won't be on the staff to be part of that, but deep down I know I am part of it, just like all of you are.

This is the best Cowboys forum out there. Make no mistake about that. I'm not trying to put the other forums down when I say that. I'm just stating what I know to be a fact because there are no hidden agendas here. Everything that gets done here is with the membership in mind. Every time. You can bank on that.

Thanks for 4 fun years. Here's to a lot more on the horizon.

maybe you can come visit your 2nd home more often now. : ) i'm still up for a blog site when i get time to breathe again.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
I certainly understand the move...It is a crap job being a moderator.

My thanks to you for being able to do it as long as you did and helping talk Juke back in from the ledge when he tried to bail on us.

My appreciation for the job you did and listening to my ****** sessions when things I perceived to be unfair at a time...was amazing.

but I do welcome you back to the masses... but before you go may I make a suggestion on a predecessor...someone who is evenhanded...like ....I'll pm you

vlad

Reaction score
Thanks Hos for all the hard work and making this place what it is.

JonCJG

Reaction score
Haven't been here for all four years of your term, but enjoyed the ones I've been around for.

Thanks Hos.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
No matter what with you your heart was always in the right place. Integrity with an attitude describes your posting style best for me ... and for that you will always have my respect.

Also let me say as a self appointed representative of the little people how refreshing it has been not to be completely ignored by one of the forum elites just because you didn't have a 10k post resume.

As long as you had some sense about yourself and voiced your opinions without drool hanging out of your mouth you were never to good to chime in and let someone know you respected (or disagreed with) their thoughts ... whether that person had 1 or 20k posts.

TY most of all for your lack of indifference.