My last plea to Jerry is do not sign Dak

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
But you can't have it both ways. Prescott wouldn't have looked half as good as he did in 2016 without playing behind 3 first round o lineman and with a first round running back. The resources were pumped into the offense for the QB to succeed.
You mean the same offense that went 1-11 without Romo the year before. Only thing that changed was Dak and Zeke. A RB wasn't the difference in 1-11 and 13-2. If that was the case how come the offense didn't stay the same this season when Dak got hurt.

It's actually pathetic you guys can't give Dak any credit but praise subpar play by other players

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Dak isn't a bad QB, but the guy hasn't won anything that makes him worth 37 million. What has he won? Good guy, but the dude will not bring us a ring.

I know this thread is similar to previous threads, but I beg of you Jerry. Do NOT sign him to a new contract. I'm good with a QB in draft and having him learn behind Dalton for a year or two. Dalton is cheaper and almost as efficient.
I'mma totes start a petition site.
Give me the name of what it should be.

I'll make a it a Go Fund Me and name it after you as this is your Final Plea.

Should we make this for charity, or just for you?

Swagger

Reaction score
You mean the same offense that went 1-11 without Romo the year before. Only thing that changed was Dak and Zeke. A RB wasn't the difference in 1-11 and 13-2. If that was the case how come the offense didn't stay the same this season when Dak got hurt.

It's actually pathetic you guys can't give Dak any credit but praise subpar play by other players
My point is that Prescott had the benefit of three 1st round offensive lineman and a 1st round running back in 2016. How many other rookie quarterbacks walk into that? The QBs filling in for Romo in 2015 were dreadful - come on let's not joke around about that.

Corso

Reaction score
My point is that Prescott had the benefit of three 1st round offensive lineman and a 1st round running back in 2016. How many other rookie quarterbacks walk into that? The QBs filling in for Romo in 2015 were dreadful - come on let's not joke around about that.
Let's not joke around that Romo had some really good teams around him too.
Come on.

He had some crap, but he also had some real good opportunities also.

Swagger

Reaction score
How did Prescott play when he didn't have the same offensive line against the Broncos and Falcons? As Catch has always stated on here, Prescott goes as the team goes. He doesn't raise or lower the team's performances. I.e. he isn't worth paying big money when there's a salary cap involved.

Corso

Reaction score
How did Prescott play when he didn't have the same offensive line against the Broncos and Falcons? As Catch has always stated on here, Prescott goes as the team goes. He doesn't raise or lower the team's performances. I.e. he isn't worth paying big money when there's a salary cap involved.
Almost all QB's go as their teams go.
And this team's FO couldn't do anything while Dak was cheap.

What makes you think things change?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Everything on the offense was the same in 2015. Good QB play was the difference. You aren't giving Dak credit because the talent around him but with the same offense multiple vet QBs only got 1 win in 12 games. Romo with that team got 3 wins before injury.

Difference is QB play. Like I said it's pathetic you can't give Dak any credit when he was the difference between the offense in 15 compared to 16. Zeke had around the same amount of rushing yards as the RBs in 15 so you can't say it was just Zeke.

That's why you bozos are called haters

Swagger

Reaction score
Let's not joke around that Romo had some really good teams around him too.
Come on.

He had some crap, but he also had some real good opportunities also.
In my opinion the Cowboys wouldn't have won the Superbowl during Romo’s time even with Tom Brady at QB.
A lot of play off games come down to a few plays regardless of what else happened.

2006 - this is the only year where it was Romo’s fault for me but that wasn't even as a QB but a place holder. Although if the kicker had put in any sort of block Romo rectifies his error by either making the first down or scoring a TD. He should have known at this point that he couldn't rely on other players to execute plays to help the team win. I don't think this team was good enough any way but I guess we will never know.
2007 - Patrick Crayton hesitating on a walk in TD to beat the eventual SB Champion. That's it. Brady couldn't catch his own pass if he made the same throw.
2009 - the offensive line got destroyed vs the Vikings. Romo had next to no chance of helping the Cowboys to winning that game.
2014 - Romo could have avoided a sack or two but he played well enough to win that game. Tight game but we didn't make enough plays at key times. E.g. Murray fumbling the ball cost 3-7 points. Bailey missed field goal cost 3 points. I love me some Dez but he knew the rules or should have done - just bring the ball down at the 1 yard line. Cost 7 points.
2016 - he wasn't given the chance to play against a secondary that should have been attacked and targeted from the very first drive. This was frustrating as I feel the defense would have played so much better for the remainder of the play offs had they won this game and they largely did a good job in the second half after a poor first half.

Other years the teams just weren't good enough.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
DRAFT ALL DEFENSE.

This is the quickest way to build a winner for this team. Sign Dak and draft all defence. We have the weapons on offense. We have no weapons, aside from maybe Diggs, Wilson, and Gallimore, on defence. You're NOT going to win with at best 3 weapons on defence. 2 of them were rookies and 1 was a 6th rounder the previous year.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Im paying Dak @WillieBeamen
This is the same team that tried to trade up for Paxton Lynch. You trust them to get a qb in round 1? Best qbs since Aikman are an undrafted FA and a 4th rounder. If we were ran by a competent team I wouldnt pay dak but if we pass on him we'll be trying to find the next midround qb to save us.

Swagger

Reaction score
Everything on the offense was the same in 2015. Good QB play was the difference. You aren't giving Dak credit because the talent around him but with the same offense multiple vet QBs only got 1 win in 12 games. Romo with that team got 3 wins before injury.

Difference is QB play. Like I said it's pathetic you can't give Dak any credit when he was the difference between the offense in 15 compared to 16. Zeke had around the same amount of rushing yards as the RBs in 15 so you can't say it was just Zeke.

That's why you bozos are called haters
Weeden and Cassell were both horrific. They went what 1-11 with three 1st round offensive lineman? Also, didn't Dez break his foot in 2015?

Dalton was what 4-5 from the 9 games that he started and finished last season? Prescott was an onside kick from being 0-4. Now I'm not claiming that Dalton is a better QB than Prescott at the respective stages of their careers and the schedule played a part in those win/loss records. My first point is that Dalton largely played behind a third string o line yet still won 4 out of 9 games. Weeden and Cassell were what 1-12? They were AWFUL and done by that point. My second point is that had Dalton played as the Cowboys QB in the 2016...we finish with a similar record as that offense was stacked. Dez was still a beast and Big Wit still had a bit of juice.

Corso

Reaction score
In my opinion the Cowboys wouldn't have won the Superbowl during Romo’s time even with Tom Brady at QB.
A lot of play off games come down to a few plays regardless of what else happened.

2006 - this is the only year where it was Romo’s fault for me but that wasn't even as a QB but a place holder. Although if the kicker had put in any sort of block Romo rectifies his error by either making the first down or scoring a TD. He should have known at this point that he couldn't rely on other players to execute plays to help the team win. I don't think this team was good enough any way but I guess we will never know.
2007 - Patrick Crayton hesitating on a walk in TD to beat the eventual SB Champion. That's it. Brady couldn't catch his own pass if he made the same throw.
2009 - the offensive line got destroyed vs the Vikings. Romo had next to no chance of helping the Cowboys to winning that game.
2014 - Romo could have avoided a sack or two but he played well enough to win that game. Tight game but we didn't make enough plays at key times. E.g. Murray fumbling the ball cost 3-7 points. Bailey missed field goal cost 3 points. I love me some Dez but he knew the rules or should have done - just bring the ball down at the 1 yard line. Cost 7 points.
2016 - he wasn't given the chance to play against a secondary that should have been attacked and targeted from the very first drive. This was frustrating as I feel the defense would have played so much better for the remainder of the play offs had they won this game and they largely did a good job in the second half after a poor first half.

Other years the teams just weren't good enough.
I enjoy the thought and work you put into this, but my point was never about Romo.
It's about the guys putting the team together.
I do thank you though.

I do hope you get my point.

Swagger

Reaction score
I enjoy the thought and work you put into this, but my point was never about Romo.
It's about the guys putting the team together.
I do thank you though.

I do hope you get my point.
Fair and I agree.
So in short, we have no hope until Jerry is no longer the GM and the front office becomes better at evaluating defensive players in the draft and we need to work the salary cap so we can actually bring in a few quality free agents each season to compliment the roster...

Corso

Reaction score
Fair and I agree.
So in short, we have no hope until Jerry is no longer the GM and the front office becomes better at evaluating defensive players in the draft and we need to work the salary cap so we can actually bring in a few quality free agents each season to compliment the roster...
Stinks. I really dislike our situation.

All I can do is consider this a Shakespearean comedy and laugh.
Tragically laugh while I watch the hopeful wail and gnash their teeth.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Weeden and Cassell were both horrific. They went what 1-11 with three 1st round offensive lineman? Also, didn't Dez break his foot in 2015?

Dalton was what 4-5 from the 9 games that he started and finished last season? Prescott was an onside kick from being 0-4. Now I'm not claiming that Dalton is a better QB than Prescott at the respective stages of their careers and the schedule played a part in those win/loss records. My first point is that Dalton largely played behind a third string o line yet still won 4 out of 9 games. Weeden and Cassell were what 1-12? They were AWFUL and done by that point. My second point is that had Dalton played as the Cowboys QB in the 2016...we finish with a similar record as that offense was stacked. Dez was still a beast and Big Wit still had a bit of juice.
If you can't see how the offense performing with Dalton this season compared to Dak then you can't be helped. Dalton couldn't even score until the defense started playing better.

So now you playing the what if game to make Dak look worst Haha he was on pace for almost 7000 yards and was the only reason they came back against the Falcons...... by him throwing the ball.

Dalton was terrible and no Dalton wouldn't have finished with 13 wins in 2016. This is the same guy that has 1 TD and 6 picks in the playoffs with great offense and defense play.

Weeden went on to win some games in Houston and Cassel had a 10 win season. They aren't bottom of the barrel QBs and with all this offense talent in 15 (the same offense as 16 minutes Dak and Zeke) went 1-11. That's total nonsense. It proves you guys overrated the offense in underrated Dak.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak isn't a bad QB, but the guy hasn't won anything that makes him worth 37 million. What has he won? Good guy, but the dude will not bring us a ring.

I know this thread is similar to previous threads, but I beg of you Jerry. Do NOT sign him to a new contract. I'm good with a QB in draft and having him learn behind Dalton for a year or two. Dalton is cheaper and almost as efficient.
dalton is cheaper, but he sucks. wait, no I misspelled that.. he SUCKS. and lets draft a QB, then let him learn and time comes to pay him in 4 years, salaries will be around 50 M and then what? you want to go get another QB....wash, rinse, repeat....what the heck dude.

Swagger

Reaction score
Matt Cassell had a ten game winning season...ok so would that be after he left the Cowboys or 5 years beforehand?
The 4 years prior to joining the Cowboys he played for the Chiefs and Vikings where he threw 30 TDs and 34 INTs over that period. He left the Cowboys and threw 3 TDs and 5 INTs before nobody else wanted the guy. He was HORRIFIC by the time he joined the Cowboys and yes a bottom of the barrel QB.

After being thrown out by the Cowboys Weeden was the backup to Brian Hoyer at the Texans. Let that sink in for a start. If he was any good then he would have been starting elsewhere or even brought in as a back up elsewhere thereafter...yet he has an NFL career record of 31 TDs and 30 INTs. Amazing that he just about threw more touchdowns than interceptions.

Yet you compare those two with Andy Dalton? 3 x Pro bowler. Career record of 218 TDs and 126 INTs...ok another poster to block given their lack of knowledge and understanding of the game.

Qcard

Reaction score

Most Starting QBs would attempt a tackle on an INT in which the defender is within 5 yards...

Andy Dalton threw hands up like a baby and pouted after Sweat rebounded Daltons alley-oop pass.

Trash leadership...Kills a lockeroom and team spirit.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
dak is 6-11 the last 17 games he started , and that is a painful fact. He started 1-4 last year ( 20% winning percentage ) Dalton at 3 miliion a year had a winning percentage of 40% the rest of the year.
Fans reveal their own ignorance when they make comments like this. W/L record is not an individual stat, it's a team stat in a team sport. It takes a team effort to win and only the composite team effort should get credit for wins and losses.