My last plea to Jerry is do not sign Dak

basel90

Reaction score
Fans reveal their own ignorance when they make comments like this. W/L record is not an individual stat, it's a team stat in a team sport. It takes a team effort to win and only the composite team effort should get credit for wins and losses.
So you think 6-11 is top tier and all the blame was on coaches Garrett , then McCarthy and the defense , etc etc , and Dak is elite . I see how good your knowledge of football is LOL.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
So you think 6-11 is top tier and all the blame was on coaches Garrett , then McCarthy and the defense , etc etc , and Dak is elite . I see how good your knowledge of football is LOL.

Dak is elite as he plays QB, OL, RB, WR, TE, DL, LB, CB, S, & special teams.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I can’t believe we’re still getting these threads after people literally already saw the drop off from Prescott to Dalton.

I can get it if you don’t necessarily want Prescott, but the solution can’t be Dalton.
well dalton isnt the solution, but the drop off was due to the OL problems got worse, and many players on the team tanked on Dalton.
They wanted to make sure they didnt make the playoffs, or do too good, as it would hurt their buddy dak get his contract.
And possibly they just also didnt like dalton. They seemed to play better for gilbert than dalton.

But if that is true it says our players , some of them care more about contracts and buddys than they do winning games and getting into playoffs.
The one thing that stuck in my mind, was dalton hit lamb in the numbers in the last giant game, and he just dropped it, and then acted like it was no big deal.

I think if the dallas players had just had a strong desire to get into playoffs last season they would have, the chance was there all season.
But not enough of them even cared enough to try hard to do that.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is elite as he plays QB, OL, RB, WR, TE, DL, LB, CB, S, & special teams.
tumblr_pz6sd7rXNy1r2pp2to1_500.gif

USArmyVet

Reaction score
You mean the same offense that went 1-11 without Romo the year before. Only thing that changed was Dak and Zeke. A RB wasn't the difference in 1-11 and 13-2. If that was the case how come the offense didn't stay the same this season when Dak got hurt.

It's actually pathetic you guys can't give Dak any credit but praise subpar play by other players

So then what happened in 2019 when Dak and Zeke were both on the field? The fact you can't put any responsibility on Dak shows the same bias you call out others on.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Most Starting QBs would attempt a tackle on an INT in which the defender is within 5 yards...

Andy Dalton threw hands up like a baby and pouted after Sweat rebounded Daltons alley-oop pass.

Trash leadership...Kills a lockeroom and team spirit.

So does leadership equate to not being able to hit the broad side of a barn from 3 feet away????

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke last year: only 4.0 ypc & only 6 td's. So yes, in spite of Zeke, who rarely breaks long runs, & got paid to be an elite RB.
Again...if it wasn't for Zeke...Dak wouldn't even be here now.

Some of you guys spent the last 12 games bashing inept QB's...then blame Zeke? You think the opposing defenses thought differently than you? Then add the dumpster show of O-line revolving door roster. And STILL blaming zeke?

Come one man.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dak isn't a bad QB, but the guy hasn't won anything that makes him worth 37 million. What has he won? Good guy, but the dude will not bring us a ring.

I know this thread is similar to previous threads, but I beg of you Jerry. Do NOT sign him to a new contract. I'm good with a QB in draft and having him learn behind Dalton for a year or two. Dalton is cheaper and almost as efficient.

Funny you have some fans saying this yet Jimmy Johnson, Troy Aikman, Michael Irvin, Emmitt Smith and a host of others pleading to get Dak signed. I think their views are just as legit if not more, they know what it takes to win they have been there done that and seem to think Dak has the ability to get this team to a championship.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If you are blaming Dak for a 6-11 season and can't see how that had more to do with the defense, it's your knowledge of football that should be in question. LOL

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funny you have some fans saying this yet Jimmy Johnson, Troy Aikman, Michael Irvin, Emmitt Smith and a host of others pleading to get Dak signed. I think their views are just as legit if not more, they know what it takes to win they have been there done that and seem to think Dak has the ability to get this team to a championship.
Those guys can have their opinions. It doesn't surprise me they support a fellow Cowboy. And they will not be held accountable.

I am not arguing sign or not sign. It isn't up to me so I don;t spend a lot of time on it. Just sayin. Opinions are like you-know-what.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Those guys can have their opinions. It doesn't surprise me they support a fellow Cowboy. And they will not be held accountable.

I am not arguing sign or not sign. It isn't up to me so I don;t spend a lot of time on it. Just sayin. Opinions are like you-know-what.

True you have an opinion does not make it correct.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you are blaming Dak for a 6-11 season and can't see how that had more to do with the defense, it's your knowledge of football that should be in question. LOL
It can be both. Or all.

If it had more to do with defense...shouldn't we put as much resource into it as absolutely possible? If we do that...you are saying we can't win with ANY other QB?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It can be both. Or all.

If it had more to do with defense...shouldn't we put as much resource into it as absolutely possible? If we do that...you are saying we can't win with ANY other QB?

It is just much harder to find QB. Just looking at this franchise how many QB did Dallas go through before Romo. Frankly Cowboys lucked out on Romo since not many UDFA have ever made it in the NFL at QB.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Given that most of those early games saw the offense turn the ball over multiple times a game resulting in putting the defense that was already struggling in bad spots. That was on the offense and let us not pretend like as if putting the defense in those poor spots didn’t affect how the defense played the rest of the way given that most of them were gassed by the time the 4th quarter rolled around and couldn’t hold the opponent when it mattered. That too is on the offense.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Romo’s record number of 4th quarter comebacks says different. He did lose a few games early in his career due to his bad decisions late in games, but Romo was a very good QB during the second half of his career, much better than a Dak.
Look I think the guy was a warrior. He gave this team his heart and soul. But he just couldn’t do it under the big lights when it mattered most. Even Danny white didn’t have a cool bone in his body. It’s about when you drop the football not how often you drop it. That was the issue with 88

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Romo’s record number of 4th quarter comebacks says different. He did lose a few games early in his career due to his bad decisions late in games, but Romo was a very good QB during the second half of his career, much better than a Dak.
What I think me Romo better quarterback at the end of his career. Was his marriage. For some reason he changed his entire outlook . I totally agree with that statement

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Cowboys have already paid their OL, DE, LB, RB and WR. The guy up in NE didn't run it like that and he still managed to get a team friendly deal from his QB.
We did it backwards. Thank you Jerry

basel90

Reaction score
i see your logic , the QB who touches all snaps and can audible and read defenses is not responsible for any losses. it is always the coach and the defense etc etc. I see your logic. LOL