My Review of THE DARK KNIGHT *Spoilers added*

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyWay;2149831 said:
HTownCowboysfan is probably the biggest fan of these movies on this site. Look at his first post. "I guess it was ok" was his first reaction after seeing it.
He was being sarcastic you pillock! Did you even bother reading what he wrote?

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
CowboyWay;2149801 said:
Good Lord guys. I can't believe you all loved this film. I just got back from seeing it with 5 other people, 2 of which were actually extras in the film.

We all thought it stunk, and we loved the first one, and love most of these superhero movies.

This thing was bad from start to finish. Ledgers acting was pretty good, I'll give him that, but the plot was poor, there were several holes in it, and some things that were just so ridiculously dumb, you just laughed at it.

If I hadn't of been with two guys were were extras in it, I probably would have walked out of it.

Ugghhhh. I can't believe how dissapointed this movie was. I can't wait for more of you to see it to hear if anyone else felt the same way.

This is the worst superhero movie I've seen since the Hulk about 5 years ago, which was godawful.

You are certainly entitled to that opinion. Film -- as is all art -- is subjective. But I think you are way WAY off base. The film is getting rave reviews by just about every major reviewer out there. It's "94% Fresh" at Rotten Tomotoes (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_dark_knight/) and it just set the record for 12:01 AM showing by taking in $18,000,000. So the statement, "I can't believe you all loved the film" is a tad off. We're in the majority and it appears that you are in a very small minority.

So obviously, I disagree totally. It's a masterpiece...a great film. :)

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Really good movie. The "magic trick" scene was classic. Heath Ledger was great, he definitely deserves an Oscar nomination, and I think you'll find few people who believe it will be out of sympathy. I don't think his performance will be as Oscar worthy as Javier Bardem's performance in "No Country for Old Men" (only because that "friendo" gas station screen literally gave me chills), but he really did a great job with "the Joker", who made you laugh and was psychotically creepy at the same time.

The best "Batman" movie so far.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;2149902 said:
You are certainly entitled to that opinion. Film -- as is all art -- is subjective. But I think you are way WAY off base. The film is getting rave reviews by just about every major reviewer out there. It's "94% Fresh" at Rotten Tomotoes (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_dark_knight/) and it just set the record for 12:01 AM showing by taking in $18,000,000. So the statement, "I can't believe you all loved the film" is a tad off. We're in the majority and it appears that you are in a very small minority.

So obviously, I disagree totally. It's a masterpiece...a great film. :)

I think its safe to say that most people who have seen it so far are pretty hardcore fans of the series, I'll be interested to see what the casual fan thinks of it after they see it in a couple weeks.

All I can tell you is the 6 of us were dissapointed, and we also heard several grumblings throughout the crowd as we exited the theater of people who said the same thing.

Oh well.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
CowboyWay;2149936 said:
I think its safe to say that most people who have seen it so far are pretty hardcore fans of the series, I'll be interested to see what the casual fan thinks of it after they see it in a couple weeks.
I think it's safe to say that this isn't true and that the overwhelming majority of movie reviewers (professional and otherwise) are in love with the film.

All I can tell you is the 6 of us were dissapointed, and we also heard several grumblings throughout the crowd as we exited the theater of people who said the same thing.

Oh well.
Your opinion is in the extreme minority, which is most likely the result of a strong desire to be contrarian than anything related to the film. Hell, you can't even explain why you didn't like the film, other than a single character in the film and a "cute" plot.

Oh well, there's one in every crowd.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I would have to question the taste of anyone who did not like this movie.

I would also find it hard to believe that 2 people who were "in the movie" saying it sucked.

I thought the movie was a lot better than Batman Begins ..... which I loved.

I would put this one on par with the Lord of the Rings movies ...... which are my favorite movies of all time.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Cannot believe some (well from Just Say No I am never really surprised) how they think that all fans must be graduates of the Stepford Academy and like lemings just follow along. People have different tastes and different likes and dislikes= its called FREEDOM you morons!!! You can like or dislike anything you want and you have that right. And those like OGT and the rest can stick it where the sun does not shine. I have never had much interest in the Batman series (or frankly any of the superhero's at all) since I was a kid.
So I have no dog in this hunt. BUt it does amuse me how some are basically saying you are stupid if you do not love this movie.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
burmafrd;2149965 said:
BUt it does amuse me how some are basically saying you are stupid if you do not love this movie.

You have it the other way around ..... the people who liked it were told only batman fans liked the movie and they were stupid for liking it.

So I think your "dog" is pointing the wrong way in this "hunt" ...... as usual.

MC KAos

Reaction score
so, people that didnt like the movie-1
people that liked it, 484748976456748

amazing movie, heath was awesome, and eckerd(sp?) was awesome too. i loved how realistic they looked. i mean, do you really think the joker, if real, would apply makeup perfectly like the jack nicholson joker? or how about tommy lee as two face? super lame! this movie was flipping AMAZING....

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

ok, here is my question though, do you guys think that two face died, or they just had harvey dent "die" so they can keep up the good image of him? i was very confused by that

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Metacritic.com has compiled its "metascore", which they explain, "...[metascores] range from 0-100, with higher scores indicating better overall reviews, and lower scores indicating less favorable reviews from critics. Various ranges of METASCORES are also identified by different colors, so you can tell at a glance how critics felt: generally, green scores indicate favorable reviews, yellow scores denote mixed reviews, and red scores are used for unfavorable reviews."

Thus far, TDK has received a metascore of 82 based on 39 reviews, with 33 favorable reviews and six mixed reviews. It has received zero unfavorable reviews:

http://www.metacritic.com/film/titles/darkknight

Some of the comments made in both the favorable and mixed reviews miss the mark, but I chalk that up to film critics who really don't know the background or history of the characters. That happens in a lot of film critics' reviews since they feel that, as 'movie experts', they don't have to quantify the validity of whether or not the characters transferred accurately from the page to screen. They simply judge the characters as who they think they should be based upon their 'technical film expertise'. If they're wrong in their judgment, so be it. Often, the word 'research' is a bad word in a film critics' vocabulary.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MC KAos;2149995 said:
amazing movie, heath was awesome, and eckerd(sp?) was awesome too. i loved how realistic they looked. i mean, do you really think the joker, if real, would apply makeup perfectly like the jack nicholson joker? or how about tommy lee as two face? super lame! this movie was flipping AMAZING....

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

ok, here is my question though, do you guys think that two face died, or they just had harvey dent "die" so they can keep up the good image of him? i was very confused by that
Excellent observation and question.

For over a half a century, The Joker's physical appearance has been explained by him falling into some chemicals. That's an old visual more relevant to telling his origin in the 1940's. This is the 21st century. An unadulterated psychopath who thinks of his murderous acts as clownish would take Ledger's approach for showcasing his face.

I've personally seen my share of burn victims. While it is a hollywood special effect, Two-Face's appearance isn't that farfetched IF you allow for some imaginary latitude for envisioning a burn victim actually surviving burns of that degree.

I'm probably wrong, but I think that Nolan killed off Dent. Batman and Gordon agonized over Harvey's legacy. If he survived, their conspiracy to cover-up who Two-Face really is will be exposed. If he's dead, the cover-up may eventually be exposed, but I extremely doubt it'll surface in a future film.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
theogt;2149813 said:
My guess is the plot was a little complicated for him/her. It's a long movie, with multiple layers to the plot, so you actually have to follow along and not just drool on yourself.

dont attack him. you always do this, yes im dumbfounded he didnt like this movie. yes i thought the plot was intriguing and the movie was masterful. do i think it had multiple layers, naaaaaa, i thought it was pretty easy to understand.

bottom line is, some people go to a movie and arent in the mood to see it, it just wont work out.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
CowboyWay;2149828 said:
I thought Bale was great in the first batman. This one, not so much.

bale is meant to be different, hes just in his stage of turning dark.

or it could be that heath stole the show so much no one else could compare. seriosuly i saw this movie twice in 9 hours, i usually hate movies. i hated no country, pulp fiction, etc etc.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
I told y'all for the last two years TDK was going to be great. ;) Anyway...

Batman fans -- and obviously I am one -- were a pyss in the ocean in terms of who went to see this movie this weekend.

A great film is a great film...period.

As I said im my review, it's right up there with all the great crime dramas in history -- despite the fact that the hero is a giant black bat and the villain is wearing a purple zoot suit and make up.

As a Batman fan, this movie exceeded my expectations completely -- and I'm "in the loop," if you will.

Chris needs to get a nom for best director and he and Jonah Nolan need to get a nom for screenplay.

Y'all...how good was Heath? ;)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HTownCowboysFan;2150058 said:
Y'all...how good was Heath? ;)
Just in case you didn't read my comment earlier...
DallasEast;2149655 said:
Oh shoot. One last thing. If every single major awards show (not just the Oscars) does not honor Heath Ledger with an appropriate award, The Joker should cut off their you-know-whats.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
what even makes this movie better is that it was filmed in CHicago :D when the lambo gets tboned I cringed a little 1.5 million down the drain