My Review of THE DARK KNIGHT *Spoilers added*

Mash

Reaction score
I was impressed by Ledger....but the whole cast did a great job in this movie IMHO......The film was really well done.

I know its early....but any word on who the next villian will be?

Anyways.....

Its in my top 10 .......going to see it again in a few days.....

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
next villians:

bain
penguin
elisha cuthbert as poison ivy
two face (seeing how all that was good with Dent is now "dead")

sucks about Heath dyin cuz I always picture Batman fighting the Joker when someone brings up Batman :(

DemonBlood

Reaction score
I can't wait to see this movie. I'm kind of disappointed that it's more Two-Face/Jokers movie then Batmans. Bale is my favorite actor of today and I don't want to see him play second fiddle.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
DemonBlood;2150186 said:
I can't wait to see this movie. I'm kind of disappointed that it's more Two-Face/Jokers movie then Batmans. Bale is my favorite actor of today and I don't want to see him play second fiddle.

youll just be wanting more joker, trust me.

by the way, i am pumped to buy this on blu ray.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the kid 05;2150185 said:
next villians:

bain
penguin
elisha cuthbert as poison ivy
two face (seeing how all that was good with Dent is now "dead")

sucks about Heath dyin cuz I always picture Batman fighting the Joker when someone brings up Batman :(
If Christopher Nolan introduces Bane, I hope that he can somehow tie the plot into the KnightFall storyline, although I'm not certain how he'll be able to workaround the broken back angle...

Simply mentioning The Penguin gives me bad vibes. Dan Devito's way over-the-top performance still makes me a bit ill.

Cuthbert's an interesting choice for Poison Ivy. I loved her in 24. My first thought was Keira Knightley.

I may see the movie a second time solely to find out if Harvey's breathing at the end (that was a scary fall).

DemonBlood

Reaction score
DallasEast;2150206 said:
If Christopher Nolan introduces Bane, I hope that he can somehow tie the plot into the KnightFall storyline, although I'm not certain how he'll be able to workaround the broken back angle...

DarkKnight_Bane_BreakYou.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DemonBlood;2150238 said:
:bow:

HEY! What about typecasting Dwayne Johnson as Bane? He has the acting chops now and there wouldn't be any need for intensive CGI effects.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
DallasEast;2150279 said:

HEY! What about typecasting Dwayne Johnson as Bane? He has the acting chops now and there wouldn't be any need for intensive CGI effects.

please god no, not the rock. please.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
locked&loaded;2150315 said:
please god no, not the rock. please.
Well, he may not be the best choice. Any suggestions?

zrinkill;2150318 said:
Batista looks more like Bane

batista.jpg
He's got the look, but can he act? Dewayne's work in Gridiron Gang wasn't have bad.

Whoever would land the role will be true to it. Nolan will make sure of that. When Arnold Schwarzenegger was cast as Mr. Freeze in Batman & Robin, I thought that it was perfect. I was wrong. Man, was I wrong! :banghead:

DemonBlood

Reaction score
If they put Bane in the next movie...They better not make him a bumbling idiot like he was in Batman & Robin. Bane is a smart expert strategist.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DemonBlood;2150371 said:
If they put Bane in the next movie...They better not make him a bumbling idiot like he was in Batman & Robin. Bane is a smart expert strategist.
That's not possible. Christopher Nolan is too good to allow that to happen.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Saw it tonight, and it exceeded my already overhyped expectations.

Just reserved IMAX reservations for the second go-round tomorrow. I have seen a handful of movies multiple times in theaters, but I think this is the first time I will have done so during the same weekend, let alone opening weekend.

Spider-Man III Box Office Records <<<<<<<<<< Rearview Mirror

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
DemonBlood;2150371 said:

I can't believe you just mentioned "Christopher Nolan" (they) and "Batman & Robin" in the same breath.

;)

Joel Schumacher... *shudder*

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
What an amazing movie. I just watched it tonight and it was phenomenal. The crazy thing is I detested the first Batman movie, and I am not even a big fan of Batman to begin with.

All the reviews on here and the review sites are on target-the positive ones anyway- one of the best movies I have seen in a long time.

And yes, Ledger was incredible in his role. Wow.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I just came back from seeing it for a second time in two days. The only film that I can remember that I've ever done that for.

thekavorka

Reaction score
I really loved the ending and Gordon's monologue at the end.

And *SPOILERS SPOILERS*

I'm also glad with the way they handled Two-Face's character. He died as a tragic hero and martyr and not as a murderer (due to Batman's sacrifice).

It really wouldn't make sense for Two-Face to come back and become a gangster with a tommy gun like he is in the comics or cartoon. He was only after revenge for what happened to Rachel. I hope he's actually dead (I think he is) since I think his arc was sufficiently resolved.

If Two-Face comes back in the 3rd movie, it would pretty much mess up TDK's ending.