My solutions for a better 2022

Haimerej

Reaction score
If this is the same PFF that graded Diggs like the 80th best corner in the league.. and our offensive line the best in the league.. well you where to shove that right?

Predictable. Don't address the fact that they're grading every team by the same metric. Just dismiss it because it's exactly the opposite of what you see. I assume you don't watch much of the All 22 that gets around.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Of course nothing about the QB. “ draft another Parsons” LOL let me go down to Walgreens and find another one.

Did you miss the part about getting him healthy? Getting Dak back to the level of health and confidence he came into this season with is absolutely a priority.. but at least that one I am fairly certain is going to happen. Every athlete faces his own "mortality" when he gets hurt.. Dak came face to face with his three times within a relatively short time span. I really think that messed with him.. and I don't think he ever came out of that funk the last one put him in.. His mechanics got sloppy and his accuracy abandoned him at times. Remember he was completing almost 75% of his passes before the calf injury. For whatever reason he did not seem to trust his body after that.. Sometimes he could pull it off but a lot of times he was fighting himself.. and it looked off.. The good news is that much is fixable.. A good off season and he'll be better than ever this coming season.. We just need to get his line fixed so he's not having to fight off pass rushers within a half second of the snap so often..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Predictable. Don't address the fact that they're grading every team by the same metric. Just dismiss it because it's exactly the opposite of what you see. I assume you don't watch much of the All 22 that gets around.

Who cares if they're grading every team by the same metric? That just means they're consistently wrong.. B F D. I don't need any site or expert of any other such crap to tell explain to me what I am seeing with my own eyes.. You wanna swear by someone ELSE'S evaluation.. Have at it.. I don't have to.

Haimerej

Reaction score
We just need to get his line fixed so he's not having to fight off pass rushers within a half second of the snap so often..

Nineteen teams gave up more sacks than DAL this year. DAL gave up 33 sacks- same amount as GB and SF.

Playoff teams- CIN, TEN, LV, PIT, AZ all gave up more. GB and SF gave up the same amount.

So Dallas gave up less sacks than 5 other playoff teams and the same as another 2. Dallas is only +10 from the best team (TB) and -25 from the worst team (CHI). CIN gave up 55 sacks, by far the most of the playoff teams and 22 more than DAL.

DAL is right in the middle of the pack of playoff teams and giving up sacks... but this o line is garbage and holding Dak back?

This kind of talk from Dak's protecters shows you guys don't watch enough football. You have no sense of proportion and grade everything less than perfect as, "trash." All QBs get hit. There is no perfect line in the NFL. Good QBs overcome these issues.

JustChip

Reaction score
Like I said in another thread.. Dak is the best on the move thrower I've ever seen.. After that calf injury though he was all over the place with it. How many times did he leave his feet to make that throw after the injury as opposed to the plant and fire we've seen in the past. That's both mental and physical.. Mental because he doesn't trust the leg and physical because he probably felt it twinging every time he rolled out and there was always the fear that if he planted on it he would hurt it again.. He's got to get past that to get back to being Dak.. just like he's got to get back to running like you said.. to fire him AND his teammates up..
Good point. I thought the explanation at the time he threw the game winner in NE was he injured it making the throw. The thing is, he left his feet unnecessarily making that throw. Maybe he injured it rolling out before making the throw and that’s why he left his feet.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Besides the obvious unwillingness to adapt, I feel like our offense is too vertical. It takes for-ev-er to develop and is boom or bust. I think Dak is better suited to run a west coast offense.
All anyone has to do is watch how Mahomes and Brady operate. They are using shallow routes and throwing to their running backs all day, which draws the defense up then they burn it up downfield before the defense realizes it. Kellen’s route designs for the running backs are just lazy.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Nineteen teams gave up more sacks than DAL this year. DAL gave up 33 sacks- same amount as GB and SF.

Playoff teams- CIN, TEN, LV, PIT, AZ all gave up more. GB and SF gave up the same amount.

So Dallas gave up less sacks than 5 other playoff teams and the same as another 2. Dallas is only +10 from the best team (TB) and -25 from the worst team (CHI). CIN gave up 55 sacks, by far the most of the playoff teams and 22 more than DAL.

DAL is right in the middle of the pack of playoff teams and giving up sacks... but this o line is garbage and holding Dak back?

This kind of talk from Dak's protecters shows you guys don't watch enough football. You have no sense of proportion and grade everything less than perfect as, "trash." All QBs get hit. There is no perfect line in the NFL. Good QBs overcome these issues.
QBs don’t overcome inconsistent oline AND inconsistent play calling.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Who cares if they're grading every team by the same metric

That means even if they're wrong, they're wrong about everyone. So whatever you think about their evaluation, they're seeing DAL performing, "better," than most of the other teams.

That just means they're consistently wrong.. B F D. I don't need any site or expert of any other such crap to tell explain to me what I am seeing with my own eyes.. You wanna swear by someone ELSE'S evaluation.. Have at it.. I don't have to.

I don't do that. I watch the All 22 that is available and go from there. But it's funny to see you making a claim in this thread after seeing that thread posted on the same day. I've seen the missed windows. I've seen the rushed progressions with time in the pocket. You have a narrative based on football speak with no actual substance.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The Cowboys should be made to watch and listen to the talking heads scorch them every hour, around the clock. I have never seen anything like this before. That will get their attention and send the message that they are not worthy of competing in the post season.

streetcredit

Reaction score
Solutions from a Guy who thinks Dak is a top 5 QB and blames the oline, coach, wr, GM, guy who makes the hot dogs, bowel movements..........

RonWashington

Reaction score
I've never been one to worry much about the schedule.. other than that 3 games in 11 days crap around Thanksgiving pissing me off that is. The Cowboys need to play up to their capabilities regardless of who the opponent is.. If they do that then I will be fine with whatever the outcome may be..

I know I know but when Andy Reid saw Dallas At KC before the season he threw under dawg on the Barbie Q , told Patrick the Schlitz in the fridge was cold would he mind getting him one …..

quickccc

Reaction score
After the pain of this latest nut kick has calmed down enough.. we must endeavor to figure out to avoid a repeat next season. Here's mine..

#1 ) Fire Philbin - The o-line struggles are on him.. These guys are too good to be getting whipped with this much regularity. he gotta go...

#2) and maybe 1a) replace Williams.. too many holding calls and too many times pushed back into the QB or the running back.. He gotta go.

#3) Pray somebody hires Kellen Moore away.. When teams are all saying the same thing about how to stop your offense (and it keeps working) then it's time for a new offense. The Cowboys have never been good when they could not run the ball consistently.. and Moore does not want to run the ball at all. He gotta go.

#4) Draft another Micah Parsons.. no not necessarily another super freak linebacker.. just another hungry play maker on defense. Failing that, get us a dawg for the offensive line to replace either Williams or Biadasz.. better if we could replace both.. maybe one draft pick, maybe one FA vet.

#5) Get healthy.. Captain Obvious right.. The big three of Dak, Zeke and Tyron being dinged up frankly derailed this season as much as anything.. Neither of these guys was the same player after their injury and the cumulative effect on the offense when THEY dropped off was monumental.

#6) Put all the DTs on whatever program Neville Gallimore was on.. Dude clearly put on 25-30 pounds of muscle this offseason and came back a completely different body type. He now has 1-tech size and 3-tech agility.

#7) Pay whatever it takes to keep Dan Quinn.. that turnaround on defense was amazing. Even in this playoff game after getting run over early the adjustments to slow the 49ers down were impressive.

I'm sure there are other areas folks would like to give attention.. but these were the first ones that leapt to mind for me. By all means.. please share yours..

Thanks for Sharing ...

1- Address the coaching/coordinator situations first. Who leaves – who stays. Prepare for successors;
- If Quinn departs – aim at possible insiders Ala Edwards, Whitt Jr. both familiar with Hybrid type defenses and the HC.
- If Moore departs - aim at possible insiders ala Nussmeirer, McAdoo or yes, even Philibin. McCarthy needs to play a bigger part and responsibility for the offense.
- If outside DC consideration: Only Vic Fangio, imo.

- Now should Kellen stay ? … flat simple and plain, the Jones need to let McCarthy intervene in the offense.
Otherwise the stalled offense output vs better, competitive teams.. continue all season long in 2022.

Either Nuss in next in line for OC, or Promote Philibin to OC, hire ex-McCarthy OL coach James Campen – both were OC and OL coach respectively for MM in GB.

2) Address the OL personnel
– I’d love to move on from Tyron Smith and this fiasco. But his contract is a huge hurdle, and we cannot make these many OL changes in one year.
Vibe I get is team will go Tyron again and have a Plan B option for the usual (Steele, Josh Ball)

- If we did decide to move on away Smith, it’s luckily getting to draft a regarded OT in the 1st, 24th overall or for moving Collins to LT, and let Steele and Josh Ball battle for RT role.
- Will be Drafting Williams replacement at LG (rounds 1-3) don’t be surprised if it’s a OG/C combo prospect.

- Drafting another interior guy (4th) that is a combo type. Competition at center.

3) Not likely a Parson type at 24th overall, but for draft board value sake if there’s a Fred Warner, ..Lavonte Davis or Denzel Perryman in 2nd, 3rd I can definitely live with that.
- Sorry with just 9 mere snaps and IR remaining year, I dunno what we have in Jabril Cox who’ll be coming off ACL injury

4) There’s no converting and miscasting with DTs – if you need a big body, why not get a big bod that particularly specializes stuffing the in run defense - which is still major D” weakness.

5) Its not about paying more for Quinn, it's about Dapper Dan wanting to run his own team again per Denver- big thing is luring a prime time QB (Rodgers, Watson or Wilson ?) But he has to
have one of those to have a chance in say Denver

quickccc

Reaction score
1 - Address the coaching situation
2 - Address the OL issues
3 - Roster change decisions -ala Amari Cooper (keep or cut ?)
4- Prioritize FA signings - who stays, who goes ...
5 - NFL draft targets

Needs (depending upon FA moves and departures)
- OL.
- LB
- 1 tech DT
- TE

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
After the pain of this latest nut kick has calmed down enough.. we must endeavor to figure out to avoid a repeat next season. Here's mine..

#1 ) Fire Philbin - The o-line struggles are on him.. These guys are too good to be getting whipped with this much regularity. he gotta go...

#3) Pray somebody hires Kellen Moore away.. When teams are all saying the same thing about how to stop your offense (and it keeps working) then it's time for a new offense. The Cowboys have never been good when they could not run the ball consistently.. and Moore does not want to run the ball at all. He gotta go.

Heard mentioned today that McAdoo might be in play if Moore leaves, just food for thought

Philbin needs gone like the wind along with Williams

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score

#2) and maybe 1a) replace Williams.. too many holding calls and too many times pushed back into the QB or the running back.. He gotta go.

#4) Draft another Micah Parsons.. no not necessarily another super freak linebacker.. just another hungry play maker on defense. Failing that, get us a dawg for the offensive line to replace either Williams or Biadasz.. better if we could replace both.. maybe one draft pick, maybe one FA vet.

#5) Get healthy.. Captain Obvious right.. The big three of Dak, Zeke and Tyron being dinged up frankly derailed this season as much as anything.. Neither of these guys was the same player after their injury and the cumulative effect on the offense when THEY dropped off was monumental.

#6) Put all the DTs on whatever program Neville Gallimore was on.. Dude clearly put on 25-30 pounds of muscle this offseason and came back a completely different body type. He now has 1-tech size and 3-tech agility.

#7) Pay whatever it takes to keep Dan Quinn.. that turnaround on defense was amazing. Even in this playoff game after getting run over early the adjustments to slow the 49ers down were impressive.

I'm sure there are other areas folks would like to give attention.. but these were the first ones that leapt to mind for me. By all means.. please share yours..

I think what it will take to keep Dan Quinn will be to fire McCarthy and promote Quinn to HC. I don't think Jones will do that. Failing that, there's paying Quinn so much money that he says "no" to everyone else. That may not work. If he really wants to be a HC again, money won't be the only issue.