CFZ My Theory on Last Year's Loss to 9ers, Washing Off My McCarthy Resentment

kskboys

Reaction score
That's a lazy narrative. He was a part of the problem, but he was definitely not the only one that did not step up.
It's more important to figure out why Dak played badly. I think it was primarily due to the fact that the playcalling did him no favors. He was forced to throw at long developing plays against a D that gave him no time to do so.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When your highest paid player is the worst player on the field in your elimination game the last two years you have yourself a problem.

A problem that no amount of sky pointing and LEADERSHIP is going to correct.

kskboys

Reaction score
My resentment still remains with a HC who won't assert himself 2 straight Yeats when it's obvious his OC is struggling. Elbow the kid outta the way and show your SB winning pedigree for gosh sakes.
But anyhow, at least we will finally get to see if he can fix the poor decision making mechanism of his starting QB that the 2 previous playcallers were unable to overcome.
Proof will be in the pudding. Was it the play called or execution of said play?

I know already but it's gonna be fun to see it play out.
It was part of the agreement, dude.

Playing for Jerry is not like playing for any other NFL team. Not remotely close. MM was itching to change the play calling, you could see it oozing out of his pores, and you could hear it in the interviews, as he was forced to hold his tongue. Still, stuff came out that pointed toward him not being able to insert himself into playcalling.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like Dak, but he was a BIG part of the problem. He needs to be much better in those spots.
Sure, but when you DBs won't tackle and your Receives cut the routes short and your OC calls stupid red zone plays and the HC doest have a sack....there is a lot of blame to spread around.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When your highest paid player is the worst player on the field in your elimination game the last two years you have yourself a problem.

When you have the most likes and you keep spewing idiocy, you have yourself a problem.
There are leaders in every locker room. 0-17 or 17-0......if you cant see it, you're exactly what I think you are.

khiladi

Reaction score

Imagine blaming everybody under the sun, other than the 8 year guy with the ball the most. Even his INTS right to defenders are somebody else’s fault.. it was fun times watching the Dak fanboys when Cooper Rush was winning games and the Dak groupies were saying all Moore needs to do is run the same offense that they are doing with Rush and it’s a wrap…

Their excuses have become legendary

75boyz

Reaction score
It was part of the agreement, dude.

Playing for Jerry is not like playing for any other NFL team. Not remotely close. MM was itching to change the play calling, you could see it oozing out of his pores, and you could hear it in the interviews, as he was forced to hold his tongue. Still, stuff came out that pointed toward him not being able to insert himself into playcalling.
Yeah,
well MM got his wish now. The remaining 70 percent of this Moore offense will yield the same results when MM calls the same play.
The situational play call in real time will have no bearing on the ultimate outcome of the play.
It will be determined solely by the QB's ability to execute that play.

All MM has to do really is not allow Dak to **** it up and let Quinn's boys eat.
It ain't a hard head coaching gig this year for him cuz Quinn will be carrying him.

Gameday coaching and QB decisionmaking determine the team's outcome this year.
I'll be repeating this ever so often throughout the season, lol.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You mean the team that had a losing record? This team better be able to beat sub .500 teams every day of the week.
Ac has hung his hat hard on that game. So very proud. Strutting around how great we were.
Against losers.
G.O.A.T.? Not any more. More like goat. As if it just us that stood in the way of the mighty freight train bucs and their super bowl? Insulting.

And proceed to mess our drawers in sf.

I keep telling him.....we should be more proud of that game than bucs. We had a shot to steal one. We got exposed and fell a little short.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Imagine blaming everybody under the sun, other than the 8 year guy with the ball the most. Even his INTS right to defenders are somebody else’s fault.. it was fun times watching the Dak fanboys when Cooper Rush was winning games and the Dak groupies were saying all Moore needs to do is run the same offense that they are doing with Rush and it’s a wrap…

Hey, he's a still developing 30 year old. Give him a chance.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think your vein of thought is correct. However, MM didn't fold, he was given a 3 season timeout while KMo ran the O. I guarantee you that was not his wish. That was a condition on his hiring.

Put it this way. Dak was terrible vs the 49ers. The playcalling was a big reason. There was no adjustment to the O that I could see. We simply played the exact same O. Problem was, it was not the exact same D we were facing. SF had the #1 D in the NFL last year. TB was 9th. Huge difference. And we played them the exact same. There is your problem.
Keep in mind.....tampa won their division at 8-9. Playing in such a week divsion is a stat padder. That team was in disarray.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Its always something and then the excuses, and blame.
You guys tend to ignore the fact that the other teams we play have injuries etc too.
All the teams will be different this year, not just Dallas.
Yep. They act like nothing was going on for the 49ers either who had to start a rookie Mr. Irrelevant draft pick in the game. You would think having to go with that at QB would be a bigger set back than having a RB leave the game.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
My biggest gripe with McCarthy last year was not developing a relationship or incorporating himself into the offense along with Kellen Moore. Not sure if that was on McCarthy or if Moore had some perception-based hang ups over that. Also, game management, and clock management.

But, I think it became evident to him. And, essentially, looking from a hindsight perspective, trying to see from the viewpoint of someone with more foresight and true knowledge on the matter than I, I think he folded in order to take his chances with the dealer knowing he'd have a stacked hand next round.

So, the cards come out. Going by the number of cards, we added two more potential Aces in the offseason with Cooks and Gilmore.

That already makes you feel better about going into next year against that same classless 9ers squad. And you'll have more confidence. Not because your team couldn't beat them, but because you mucked up that last play call: the snap to Zeke, the lay up for Turp to get blown up so embarrassingly like that. I'm saying that because I've been laid up like that by noodle arms and es no bueno. Thanks Coach, McCarthy. Creative play for the win — as far as who gets the blame.

Anyway, that's my theory. I'm giving Mike the benefit of the doubt knowing he's there up close, dealing with it all, and I'm not. So, I can enjoy the season, win lose or draw. Personally, I'm not going to get caught up in the winning thing right now, and just take each game as it comes.

I also vow not to worry about which seed the team gets. Just get this one into the tournament.
Very insightful perspective, and I share it as well.

MM was playing the cards he was dealt, within his capacity as HC of the Cowboys, he was rolling with the FO decisions and that's why MM fits well, he knows the role of a Cowboys HC.

MM wasn't ever going to have control over who stays and who goes, he may have a respected opinion, but he knows and understands his boundaries.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The same QB who carried the Cowboys to a blowout win against the G.O.A.T. away at Tampa Bay the week before in the wild-card playoffs round? The same QB who went 25 of 33 for 75% completions for 305 yards, 4 passing TDs, 1 rushing TD, a QBR of 96.5 and a passer rating of 143.3 ?

:huh: Sounds like a bad theory.
Didn’t you hear? The only stats that count are Dak’s interceptions, incomplete passes and team loses. The most important stats according to Pappy/Mountain are Dak’s practice interceptions. :rolleyes:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Keep in mind.....tampa won their division at 8-9. Playing in such a week divsion is a stat padder. That team was in disarray.
and what are you to do with a weak playoff team? blow them away. blow them away we did. btw, that team was still a top 10 defense.

and its interesting, that you can't even enjoy a cowboys win, in your haste to take credit away from the team for their win, in your attempt to Bash Dak. a lose lose situation for you. we win you are miserable. we lose you are miserable.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Didn’t you hear? The only stats that count are Dak’s interceptions, incomplete passes and team loses. The most important stats according to Pappy/Mountain are Dak’s practice interceptions. :rolleyes:
ask Pappy and Khiladi for practice QBRs. @khiladi keeps track, including detailed analysis of every practice pass and why it was bad or why the WR gets credit or why the CB was the reason it was a completion. his expectations are that Dak has 0.0% completion rate that he is directly responsible for and a 0.0 QBR. LOL

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and what are you to do with a weak playoff team? blow them away. blow them away we did. btw, that team was still a top 10 defense.

and its interesting, that you can't even enjoy a cowboys win, in your haste to take credit away from the team for their win, in your attempt to Bash Dak. a lose lose situation for you. we win you are miserable. we lose you are miserable.
Never said one word about dak in the sf loss. In fact made it a point to say "we".

You just keep lying. Not a good trait dude.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

the Bash Dak over Dallas Cult logic in full display.

"if you are not incessantly Bash Dak, you must be blaming others and must be thinking Dak is Elite and you are supporting him"...
why?
because I don't ready anything else other than Dak threads and I ignore anything else and I take anybody questioning my unreasonable stance as full support of Dak.

its a cult.....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Never said one word about dak in the sf loss. In fact made it a point to say "we".

You just keep lying. Not a good trait dude.
what!!??? I never mentioned SF. that was in your direct response to Tampa comment. and what "we"...this is your comment

"Keep in mind.....tampa won their division at 8-9. Playing in such a week divsion is a stat padder. That team was in disarray"

perhaps you are confusing me with another poster's comment.

:huh: