My thoughts on a slim view

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
heres some thoughts going into preseason game #2

will somebody emerge as a threat to prevent a team from focusing on stopping Tank? with no Irving is anyone else going to step up?
will teams put their best tackle over Connor to exploit his lack of size/power? a single negative play can kill a drive
is Kris Richard really a db whisperer? will these guys start to look better & better as the season gets close? was reading a Seahawk forum and one poster said 'i still think its funny that Dallas fans think Richard created LoB' -he has a point
who did pick these guys and who did originally get them to their high level? (serious question)

i hope these tightends dont cost a game or 2

im not worried at all about the receiver group despite the lack of stars, i think certain guys will emerge as strong in certain conditions plus theres not much film on some of them for this year

i think Dak will keep getting better because of work ethic but i do worry about some of his mechanics
if Zeke were to miss a stretch due to injury how would i feel about Dak carrying the offense?

Im actually not that worried about the TE group, at least not as receivers. I need to focus a little more on watching them block though. Admittedly the sample size is very small, but thought Jarwin showed very nice agility and hands, and a couple of others caught passes as well. Even as unspectacular as the 36 yards the TEs had may seem, that’s enough to replace Witten stats from last year, and I would expect once the team settle on who will stay and get cut, and who will get the regular season snaps, the production from the position should improve.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any insult to you deserves a compliment!!

So, you lied about the truce. Okay, so much for expecting an end to the nonsense. You’re going to have to direct it at someone else going forward though. I’ve indulged it far too long already. Bye now.

Verdict

Reaction score
Lol, well, check out a mirror sometime. I asked you a simple question asking you to explain what about my position is absurd, and I you apparently felt a childish accusation was more appropriate than a response to the question. As it is, your accusation that my position is absurd is hollow because you can’t explain a basis for it.

You are correct. I completely ignored your question. You are catching on pretty fast.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are correct. I completely ignored your question. You are catching on pretty fast.

I already knew your comment had no backbone, so it didn’t surprise me. You two can have fun talking nonsense to each other going forward. Bye to you too.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
It's pretty ******* sad that when a great member here at CZ posts an opinion, that goes against the grain, get's personally attacked.

Shame on you.

This bull jive started on page one or two, posters here made it personal. Nasty.

Disgraceful.

And then people Like posts about "PMs telling me such-and-such." @JustChip

Nasty. Pathetic.

Grow a set of balls you eunuchs and know that every opinion on this board wont align with yours.

My earlier post was deleted.

GFY

Verdict

Reaction score
heres some thoughts going into preseason game #2

will somebody emerge as a threat to prevent a team from focusing on stopping Tank? with no Irving is anyone else going to step up?
will teams put their best tackle over Connor to exploit his lack of size/power? a single negative play can kill a drive
is Kris Richard really a db whisperer? will these guys start to look better & better as the season gets close? was reading a Seahawk forum and one poster said 'i still think its funny that Dallas fans think Richard created LoB' -he has a point
who did pick these guys and who did originally get them to their high level? (serious question)

i hope these tightends dont cost a game or 2

im not worried at all about the receiver group despite the lack of stars, i think certain guys will emerge as strong in certain conditions plus theres not much film on some of them for this year

i think Dak will keep getting better because of work ethic but i do worry about some of his mechanics
if Zeke were to miss a stretch due to injury how would i feel about Dak carrying the offense?

Good questions. I hope Tapper makes this team. I think his upside is significant. I think if he stays healthy, with his speed he can be your weak side DE.

Taco needs to improve and play the strong side next year.

Dak will be OK. I think he will make good decisions and make it hard to beat us, just like his rookie year.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
There really wasnt much to view on the core players who will be the impact of this team. But this is what im thinking.

Dak and Gallup are going to cause alot of problems for opposing teams.That TD pass was picture perfect. That wasnt no scrub covering either. I had to watch on the the niners channel and the announcers were saying Ward lost the ball in the sun, but asnt Gallup looking into the same sun? lol

Connor Williams got beat early pretty bad by Buckner for a sack but he settled down and looked solid.

Again ill say this, I can understand why the team drafted Vander Esch with the health history of Lee and Jaylon's rehab going over a yr. But if only they would've waited a little longer. Jaylon is back 100%. He is flying around and is playing with power. He's going to be a difference maker this yr. I dont see the middle run def being a issue this yr with him there.

Safety is a problem. This team needs Earl Thomas, and i hope they can see it. Give SEA that conditional 4th that turns into a 3rd. You get one of the best s' in the NFL. With Lawrence on the DL, Lee in the middle and Thomas on the backend there would be a leader on every level of the defense. Having that alpha who leads by example on the field is much more important iMO than sheer talent. You can have all the talent in the world but if ur not sure on what to do its pointless.

Anthony Brown? I see nothing different than what he's shown every sunday. He cant cover, and he def cant cover in the slot. He will get eaten alive by faster WR's in the slot. He is a outside guy.

And my final thought is, If lastnights game was a real game, Dallas destroys the niners and brings Garoppolo back to earth.

Gonna enjoy this yr with the entitled sent packing and a team full of young guys who are hungry and some fighting to start.
I especially enjoyed the last sentence of this post.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, you lied about the truce. Okay, so much for expecting an end to the nonsense. You’re going to have to direct it at someone else going forward though. I’ve indulged it far too long already. Bye now.
Just messing around.... didn't think you would get offended with a little horse play.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Thin skin?? Lol!
And for the record, it was a gorgeous pass from Dak, imo, my man :)

He led the receiver, there was no "stutter step" from Gallup. The corner may have been psyched by a look back in the air, but maybe Gallup psyched his own self out, too, perhaps. Who knows what Linehan called. If the latter is the case, great concentration from Gallup to stay with the ball, where SF CB failed. If it's the former, great wrinkle from Sanjay Gupta and Dak and Co.

Still, the ball met him in stride. Still, I appreciate your opinion from the experience you have in the game, Coacharino