My thoughts on a slim view

Verdict

Reaction score
Nobody is saying it was "the best pass in the world", but it's ridiculous to say there was anything wrong with the pass. "Best pass in the world" is not a rational standard or expectation for any QB.

You seem to be pretty upset over the notion that it was underthrown. I don't really care one way or the other, but you seem awfully invested in it for some reason. Lol.

Ok it was it mother of all passes! Perfectly thrown! Dak should get in Canton based solely on how perfectly that ball was thrown! Feel better? Good deal!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again ill say this, I can understand why the team drafted Vander Esch with the health history of Lee and Jaylon's rehab going over a yr. But if only they would've waited a little longer. Jaylon is back 100%. He is flying around and is playing with power. He's going to be a difference maker this yr. I dont see the middle run def being a issue this yr with him there.

They drafted Vander Esch because they want 3 legit LBs for the 1 primary positions (MLB and WLB).

They want to get Lee to the playoffs healthy by limiting his snaps. They also want to limit Jaylon's snaps (at draft time they did).

They also want a transition plan to replace Lee when he is gone. Lee is 32 and struggled to stay healthy even in his prime.

starfan1

Reaction score
6 pages of arguing on whether or not a preseason touch down pass was well thrown.

Lol I’ve heard it all now. Who cares it was 6 points and everyone I’ve listened to says Dak looked great but there still 3 more games to go

Quite frankly all I care about is getting out of preseason healthy and getting reps for those on the bubble everyone knows barring injury Dak is the started so to argue about a foot here or there on s completed pass no less is just pointless.

I’m sure Romo would have thrown it so perfectly that the ball would have massaged Gallup’s hands while he pulled it in

Time to move on folks we’ll see what the regular season brings that’s what counts not this ****.

Oh and ET ain’t coming just to stir the pot lol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There really wasnt much to view on the core players who will be the impact of this team. But this is what im thinking.

Dak and Gallup are going to cause alot of problems for opposing teams.That TD pass was picture perfect. That wasnt no scrub covering either. I had to watch on the the niners channel and the announcers were saying Ward lost the ball in the sun, but asnt Gallup looking into the same sun? lol

Connor Williams got beat early pretty bad by Buckner for a sack but he settled down and looked solid.

Again ill say this, I can understand why the team drafted Vander Esch with the health history of Lee and Jaylon's rehab going over a yr. But if only they would've waited a little longer. Jaylon is back 100%. He is flying around and is playing with power. He's going to be a difference maker this yr. I dont see the middle run def being a issue this yr with him there.

Safety is a problem. This team needs Earl Thomas, and i hope they can see it. Give SEA that conditional 4th that turns into a 3rd. You get one of the best s' in the NFL. With Lawrence on the DL, Lee in the middle and Thomas on the backend there would be a leader on every level of the defense. Having that alpha who leads by example on the field is much more important iMO than sheer talent. You can have all the talent in the world but if ur not sure on what to do its pointless.

Anthony Brown? I see nothing different than what he's shown every sunday. He cant cover, and he def cant cover in the slot. He will get eaten alive by faster WR's in the slot. He is a outside guy.

And my final thought is, If lastnights game was a real game, Dallas destroys the niners and brings Garoppolo back to earth.

Gonna enjoy this yr with the entitled sent packing and a team full of young guys who are hungry and some fighting to start.

With the run defense, our two starting DT's our out. Thats a big problem. And run stopping up the middle was never a strength of Jaylon. As long as Lee is in there, our run defense should be good.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
It's going to take a 2nd and another pick to get ET from the Seahawks. Maybe a 3rd or a 4th too.
There was a report just last week that said nfl execs are saying the most SEa will end up getting is a conditional 4th. Every team knows Thomas isnt playing without a new deal, and they also know SEA isnt going to give him one.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yeah! Mr. Frikkin Perfect...this is why I usually keep my opinions to myself. People can't just disagree they need to pull out the past and compare our present day players to our legends.
Hi, brother... :D:p
Ibl0uBC.jpg

**runs**
hH8Yer4.jpg

mcmvp

Reaction score
Who the hell is crying. Just posting my opinion. Jeez!! Ok, he's perfect!!! You happy!!

The pass probably was a tad short, but only if you’re looking for perfection. It wasn’t a terrible pass by any means, and I don’t think it would’ve been picked if there was better coverage. I do agree with you about the coverage...it was not good.

At the end of the day, it’s hard to draw any conclusions on that one play...in either direction.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thank you. You agreed with me.i never said it was a mistake, just said it was short.

You said it was underthrown ... short. I did not agree with that. If the receiver had to stop or noticeably slow down to wait for the ball it would have been short. He did not. The mark of a well thrown 30 yard pass is not for the QB to be able to hoist a dime from that distance. If he can hit a receiver in the gut, which he did, that is a well thrown pass.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
With the run defense, our two starting DT's our out. Thats a big problem. And run stopping up the middle was never a strength of Jaylon. As long as Lee is in there, our run defense should be good.
Lee has never stayed healthy at MLB. He only started playing more w/o injury when they moved him outside.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You said it was underthrown ... short. I did not agree with that. If the receiver had to stop or noticeably slow down to wait for the ball it would have been short. He did not. The mark of a well thrown 30 yard pass is not for the QB to be able to hoist a dime from that distance. If he can hit a receiver in the gut, which he did, that is a well thrown pass.
I can tell you never coached or played. Low expectations by band geeks.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can tell you never coached or played. Low expectations by band geeks.
Lol - esorting to childish insults now huh? The fact you think a ball thrown into a receivers gut with the receiver streaking downfield 30 yards and with the receiver never having to break stride is not considered a well placed ball actually shows you never played or coached. Anyone who has played or coached understands that there is and can be no expectation of a better thrown ball. Maybe the ball being a foot higher would have been incrementally better, but even the best of the best QBs, are routinely a foot or more off the absolutely, on a dime, perfect spot even on 10 yard passes. The receiver actually has to do something to catch every pass - none of them have the luxury of putting their hands in a predetermined spot and waiting for the ball to fall into them. Hitting a spot the size of a dime on a sprinting target from 30 yards out isn’t a rational expectation. The ball was put where the receiver could make a comfortable catch without changing speeds. There would be no greater expectation than that for Brady or Rodgers.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol - esorting to childish insults now huh? The fact you think a ball thrown into a receivers gut with the receiver streaking downfield 30 yards and with the receiver never having to break stride is not considered a well placed ball actually shows you never played or coached. Anyone who has played or coached understands that there is and can be no expectation of a better thrown ball. Maybe the ball being a foot higher would have been incrementally better, but even the best of the best QBs, are routinely a foot or more off the absolutely, on a dime, perfect spot even on 10 yard passes. The receiver actually has to do something to catch every pass - none of them have the luxury of putting their hands in a predetermined spot and waiting for the ball to fall into them. Hitting a spot the size of a dime on a sprinting target from 30 yards out isn’t a rational expectation. The ball was put where the receiver could make a comfortable catch without changing speeds. There would be no greater expectation than that for Brady or Rodgers.
Just like I thought .

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What a nasty post, bro.

I have 34 pages of PMs, shall I start airing dirty laundry here of posters to make myself look good?

@JustChip instead of PMing you, I'm just gonna flat out tell you to go **** yourself for Liking that post.

I don't agree with Coach, but have some ******* decency when addressing our members, you shleps. GFY. Show some tact.
It's all good. I'm watching film from a coaches perspective. Always looking for perfection. I need to look at it from a fans views before I post.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Low blow. I broke down film for a living for thirty years and I always looked for ways to improve my players and teams. I was not a weekend warrior. Anyway, I am reminded why I usually post sarcastic remarks and not real football opinions.
Straight up low blow, nasty post, Coach.