My Thoughts on Dak's contract

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Not trying to be combative with you but the bold is absolutely crazy thinking. I'm absolutely baffled that people think like this.

if the organization pays a guy $30 million a year for the next half decade guaranteed, with the mindset that "if he doesn't produce, we'll just find someone else" is lunacy. Guy has been the starter for 4 years already. If we are not sure he's the guy at this point, then you move on and find his replacement now. You don't spend $120 million for someone you aren't certain is your guy. The trial period/audition is over at this point.

Which makes me even more confident that this is probably exactly waht Jerry and company will do.

The past 2 games Elliot has been killing defenses on the opening drive, and the teams has abandoned the run right after. Its not about forcing the run, its about not running at all. I can only think that maybe some of you dont comprehend one from the other.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
The past 2 games Elliot has been killing defenses on the opening drive, and the teams has abandoned the run right after. Its not about forcing the run, its about not running at all. I can only think that maybe some of you dont comprehend one from the other.

???

This doesn't read like a response to my post.... Were you trying to respond to another post?

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
PAY DAK $50 MILLION a year. That way, all the Dak fans will have no excuse since Dak will be the MAN. Of course, the rest of the team will be scrubs because Dak got all the money and the defense will remain porous and the the WR's will be average and Dak will well, he will be the richest QB in the NFL. But he will not have any Lombardi trophies... But hey, at least he will be the richest.....

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
PAY DAK $50 MILLION a year. That way, all the Dak fans will have no excuse since Dak will be the MAN. Of course, the rest of the team will be scrubs because Dak got all the money and the defense will remain porous and the the WR's will be average and Dak will well, he will be the richest QB in the NFL. But he will not have any Lombardi trophies... But hey, at least he will be the richest.....
You're soooooo lucky I like you. My tongue is bleeding. :muttley:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dak is far too underpaid at the moment but I don't know that he deserves what's being represented as what he is asking for. Either he will compromise or Jerry should tag him for 2020.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Another troll that doenst understand football.
That's a well thought out response that shows how completely wrong I am using real world examples and stats...Oh no, actually you just insulted me while providing nothing of substance. Basically what I've come to expect with you. That makes me sad.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Those QBs aren’t as good as Dak. This team will be worse in the short term without Dak but letting him go may be our only hope of long term success.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The sticking point seems to be Dallas wants a long term contract over 6 yrs. Dak's team is pushing for a 4 yr deal. The agents want that guaranteed money. Dallas wants the long term deal to be able to restructure and keep him happy with more guaranteed money.

Offer 1
If i was the team i would go to Dak's team with two offers. One for 10 yrs says 350mil 100 mil guranteed. And say after yr 4 you go back and you restructure to get more guranteed money to Dak and lower the cap adding money as a signing bonus and prorating that for the final 5 yrs of the deal. In a situation like this he will never make over say 33-35mil a yr, and never really cripples the cap especially the way the cap is going up.

Offer 2
4yrs 120mil fully guaranteed. Dak will make a ton of money in 4 yrs and be at a lower yrly avg then Wentz and Goff and Wilson but will make his money and with the ability to score again in 4 yrs. In that time Dallas could find his eventual replacement if hes not still producing. In 4 yrs he would make 4mil less then what Romo made his entire career.

The "sticking point" is that the Cowboys think Dak will take less than his agent is requesting.

Dak has already said he would take less but then his agent told him to quit talking about specifics with the media.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still amazes me how much more Inept play you guys need to view to finally understand that Dak is a tier 3 QB.
You guys must have Field Goal fetishes or are into getting abused and embarrassed on National TV by good teams?
How many more games do we need to see the same movie over and over.....behind in the score till the 4th Q (Garbage Time) and then we get served the L.
You will all be falling to reality come the springtime when Dak's best-case scenario will the tag....and even that will be a stretch as by the end of season expect more stink bombs from Dak-Friendly zzzzzzzz hey wake me up when we're kicking our next FG....thanks!

rags747

Reaction score
Here are some notable FA quarterbacks coming in 2020 -
Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariota
Ryan Tannehill
Case Keenum
Teddy Bridgewater

Dak Prescott is in that class of quarterbacks. It's a buyers market for quarterbacks of Dak's caliber. Let him become a FA and pick the cheapest of the bunch and draft a quarterback high and develop him. The team can go 7-9 and 9-7 with any one of those quarterbacks without the requirement of that kind of contract.
The only one that I would even consider in that bunch is Bridgewater, all others Pass!

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I definitely think dak can be a SB winning qbs with the right coaching. A great coaching staff makes things easier on a qb. It’s about making things easier at times so that a qb builds confidence and gets into a rythm in games.

I’ve always felt we’ve been poor in the later part of that. Getting dak into the flow of the game.

that being said I’m not paying him top dollar if we don’t go on a magical SB run.

Say what you want but all the top 10 qbs.... most have SBs or have been to one at least. And Wentz for all his struggles was on pace to be an mvp two years ago. Dak he never come close to any of this.

sideon

Reaction score
Meh. Dak has pissed me off these last 3 games, but he's better than all of those QB's. All of those QB's have been in the league longer than Dak has, and Dak still continues to improve and grow. I have yet to see improvement from the other QB's listed. Winston is still a turnover machine. Mariota is... Mariota. Tannehill is a solid starter, but I feel like he's riding off of the momentum in Tennessee. It may slow down if he stays with Tennessee next season. Keenum? Nah. Bridgewater likely stays in NO. With Brees getting older, he's a good backup/solid starter til they find another franchise QB if Brees retires. He would also be a good mentor to a rookie QB if they were to get one in the up and coming years.
Where has he improved? He's a front running QB who still over/under throws his receivers.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Here are some notable FA quarterbacks coming in 2020 -
Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariota
Ryan Tannehill
Case Keenum
Teddy Bridgewater

Dak Prescott is in that class of quarterbacks. It's a buyers market for quarterbacks of Dak's caliber. Let him become a FA and pick the cheapest of the bunch and draft a quarterback high and develop him. The team can go 7-9 and 9-7 with any one of those quarterbacks without the requirement of that kind of contract.

this guy.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
If i was the team i would go to Dak's team with two offers. One for 10 yrs says 350mil 100 mil guranteed. And say after yr 4 you go back and you restructure to get more guranteed money to Dak and lower the cap adding money as a signing bonus and prorating that for the final 5 yrs of the deal. In a situation like this he will never make over say 33-35mil a yr, and never really cripples the cap especially the way the cap is going up.

What incentive is there for a player to take a single contract that traditionally covers the span of 2 contracts?

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Sign all of them and let um battle it out for the job and Resign Romo

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
What incentive is there for a player to take a single contract that traditionally covers the span of 2 contracts?
Its really not unless youre playing for the Cowboys. Dallas is gong to take care of their QB. They did this kind of thing with Romo his whole career which is why Romo had only 1 yr over 10mil in his career and that was after he retired.

Hadenough

Reaction score
The sticking point seems to be Dallas wants a long term contract over 6 yrs. Dak's team is pushing for a 4 yr deal. The agents want that guaranteed money. Dallas wants the long term deal to be able to restructure and keep him happy with more guaranteed money.

Offer 1

Offer 2
4yrs 120mil fully guaranteed. Dak will make a ton of money in 4 yrs and be at a lower yrly avg then Wentz and Goff and Wilson but will make his money and with the ability to score again in 4 yrs. In that time Dallas could find his eventual replacement if hes not still producing. In 4 yrs he would make 4mil less then what Romo made his entire career.

Let Dak walk and sign Keenum to a 2 year contract for 14 mil. Do everything you can to draft Trevor Lawrence even if it means giving up a whole draft class. You cant put a price on an elite QB. Can you imagine how energized this team would be with a QB that doesnt go 3 and out for long stretches against good teams.