My Thoughts on Dak's contract

starfan1

Reaction score
PAY DAK $50 MILLION a year. That way, all the Dak fans will have no excuse since Dak will be the MAN. Of course, the rest of the team will be scrubs because Dak got all the money and the defense will remain porous and the the WR's will be average and Dak will well, he will be the richest QB in the NFL. But he will not have any Lombardi trophies... But hey, at least he will be the richest.....
#1 Dak is already the man
#2 he don’t want that kind of scratch
# 3 the we can’t afford it claims are overblown
# 4 this defense will not improve through free agency as much as hitting on draft picks

Daks not the crux of the problem here. He’s part of it no doubt but we’ll down the list

I don’t care if they franchise him or pay him I want a different staff and better defense

heck what I really want can’t happen and that’s a billionaire to purchase the cowboys and get some competent leadership

Swagger

Reaction score
Depending on how much he would be, Ryan Tannehill could be terrific value. He was playing on a horrific Dolphins offense towards the end - awful offensive line and since starting for the Titans he has been excellent. He could be half the price of Prescott.

I would sign Tannehill and draft a QB in the first round.

Try to trade Prescott - might get a second rounder for him, probably a third given that he has been exposed for what he is against good teams.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let Dak walk and sign Keenum to a 2 year contract for 14 mil. Do everything you can to draft Trevor Lawrence even if it means giving up a whole draft class. You cant put a price on an elite QB. Can you imagine how energized this team would be with a QB that doesnt go 3 and out for long stretches against good teams.

The Dak theme song baby......la la la la 3 and out 3 and out and 3 and out .....as the 3rd quarter is ending and we're down by at least 20 here comes Garbage Dak killing it against a prevent def which is indifferent with the game in the bag!

Don't sign Dak!

Blue64

Reaction score
The sticking point seems to be Dallas wants a long term contract over 6 yrs. Dak's team is pushing for a 4 yr deal. The agents want that guaranteed money. Dallas wants the long term deal to be able to restructure and keep him happy with more guaranteed money.

Offer 1
If i was the team i would go to Dak's team with two offers. One for 10 yrs says 350mil 100 mil guranteed. And say after yr 4 you go back and you restructure to get more guranteed money to Dak and lower the cap adding money as a signing bonus and prorating that for the final 5 yrs of the deal. In a situation like this he will never make over say 33-35mil a yr, and never really cripples the cap especially the way the cap is going up.

Offer 2
4yrs 120mil fully guaranteed. Dak will make a ton of money in 4 yrs and be at a lower yrly avg then Wentz and Goff and Wilson but will make his money and with the ability to score again in 4 yrs. In that time Dallas could find his eventual replacement if hes not still producing. In 4 yrs he would make 4mil less then what Romo made his entire career.

how about door #3?

let him take a walk and see if any team will fork over that kind of money for him.

bet you there won’t be any takers

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Winston may be a turnover machine but he rarely ever gets shut down. He put up 55 points against the Rams and beat em in LA. Lets see how Dak does this week.
Troll, what is your point? Winston may not be in NFL next season.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
how about door #3?

let him take a walk and see if any team will fork over that kind of money for him.

bet you there won’t be any takers
This is a stupid way of thinking. No disrespect lol if that can be said. But IF Dallas didnt intend on re-signing Dak they would franchise him and look for a trade. Im at the point where i truely have to question intelligence of people these days. Somebody doesnt agree with a move or intention the team has and they go to extreme opposite end of the spectrum.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And then we play wack a mole until we find one. That is a piss poor strategy

No. Paying an average QB lite money is a poor strategy. If you have to have a top 5 OL, WR, RB to make your offense work and still struggle on offense, then your QB is over rated.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
#1 Dak is already the man
#2 he don’t want that kind of scratch
# 3 the we can’t afford it claims are overblown
# 4 this defense will not improve through free agency as much as hitting on draft picks

Daks not the crux of the problem here. He’s part of it no doubt but we’ll down the list

I don’t care if they franchise him or pay him I want a different staff and better defense

heck what I really want can’t happen and that’s a billionaire to purchase the cowboys and get some competent leadership

Yep he's the man.....the Garbage man.....:omg:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That's a well thought out response that shows how completely wrong I am using real world examples and stats...Oh no, actually you just insulted me while providing nothing of substance. Basically what I've come to expect with you. That makes me sad.

LOL...…..like what you said was well thought out.

I simply cant believe guys like you are actually that clueless. You just want the attention. That is what is sad.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Just too many Dak hating idiots that say stupid things that make no sense just for attention.

Well, I would submit to you that there are too many boot licking Dak sycophants on this forum that refuse to acknowledge that the guy is even capable of a mistake.

Gotta have some balance to that, I'd say....

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If I'm a troll then your a turd. Point being even though Winston turns the ball over he is moving that team up and down the field without a running game. He doesnt get shut down like Dak has.

Another stupid comment. QB's get shut down all the time all over the NFL.