My view on what's happening with Dak

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak's gone after this season.

Thats the only thing that’s happening with the Dak situation.

Dak Farewell Tour 2024 rolls on.
Do you need a new poster for throwing the darts at. How many have you gone through?
:laugh:
Kidding aside, I really want them to let him play out the season and his contract. I am looking forward to see Lance in PS games. Which may or may not tell us much.
I am ready for some excitement of a new young QB with potential.

As I really do not see this team making it to the NFCCG. However will that be enough for senile Jerry to give him an extension then. As opposed to before the season starts.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jethro said “ he’s waiting to see how the leaves fall around the league “.

Meaning he’s waiting to see other QB’s contracts which are due to expire in 2024. Like Love, Lawrence, Tua, Goff and a few others play out.

Basically he wants someone else to set the Market Price this year not him. Which is probably a smart move.

Market Price last year was set by Jackson, Watson and Burrows who was over 55 per. Which is probably close to where negotiations are beginning for this season with closer to 60 not out of the question for several of these QB’s.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I didnt post this to say Dak sucks and should be gone, or that Dak is never winning a SB, or that the FO is stupid, or Dak is great and we should pay him.

I simply stated my view on the current state of affairs. And if you think you can unequivocally say Dak is gone after this year, you are kidding yourself.
How many times do those in power need to say that they want Dak back before you believe them? Our FO almost always tells you exactly what they are thinking, and they have done just that with Dak.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

Meaning he’s waiting to see other QB’s contracts which are due to expire in 2024. Like Love, Lawrence, Tua, Goff and a few others play out.

Basically he wants someone else to set the Market Price this year not him. Which is probably a smart move.

Market Price last year was set by Jackson, Watson and Burrows who was over 55 per. Which is probably close to where negotiations are beginning for this season with closer to 60 not out of the question for several of these QB’s.
Which is basically what I said above. And yes, it is a very smart move.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Do you need a new poster for throwing the darts at. How many have you gone through?
:laugh:
Kidding aside, I really want them to let him play out the season and his contract. I am looking forward to see Lance in PS games. Which may or may not tell us much.
I am ready for some excitement of a new young QB with potential.

As I really do not see this team making it to the NFCCG. However will that be enough for senile Jerry to give him an extension then. As opposed to before the season starts.
They ain’t making the playoffs let alone the NFCCG.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What is a "Discount?" So you think 60 million is the going rate for Dak? I do not. I think hes asking for way too much... and since we havent a clue what numbers have been thrown out there, how can you say Dallas is holding out for a "Discount?"
It’s probably somewhere between 55-60. 55 was Market Price last year. No reason to believe it’s going down.

I’m not advocating to resign him but not sure if 3-5 million is a deal breaker if you believe he’s your guy. Which they probably think he is.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lets say he gets 53 million per... then it was a win for the FO for not giving in to his ridiculous current demand of 60 million.
The only way the FO wins is to go back in time to his rookie deal and extending him then rather than franchising him.

That huge blunder set everything in motion that has happened since.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Dak's gone after this season.

Thats the only thing that’s happening with the Dak situation.

Dak Farewell Tour 2024 rolls on.
If this is true...and I don't care either way...why have both him and Trey Lance on the roster? If you are letting him walk at seasons end...then that means you ALREADY know what you got ..so let's find out what we don't know about Lance.

fivetwos

Reaction score
What is a "Discount?" So you think 60 million is the going rate for Dak? I do not. I think hes asking for way too much... and since we havent a clue what numbers have been thrown out there, how can you say Dallas is holding out for a "Discount?"
First, I don’t understand why you feel the need to have a confrontational tone when that’s not what’s happening here.

I can’t really say what anyone has in mind, and I never said “60 million.”

Jerry, during his “all in” speech in January, said that they “want to extend him, but he has to work with us.”

What would you make of that considering he hasn’t signed since?

The next QB deal typically beats the last one by around ten percent. Structure is a factor of course.

Meanwhile maybe consider getting over the idea that you’re the only one allowed to speculate on what may be the case.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I didnt post this to say Dak sucks and should be gone, or that Dak is never winning a SB, or that the FO is stupid, or Dak is great and we should pay him.

I simply stated my view on the current state of affairs. And if you think you can unequivocally say Dak is gone after this year, you are kidding yourself.
How many times do those in power need to say that they want Dak back before you believe them? Our FO almost always tells you exactly what they are thinking, and they have done just that with Dak.
Yes, every indication is our ownerships intent to resign Prescott. They just don’t want to pull the trigger first on setting Market Price in 2024.

I don’t believe it has anything to do with his potential results this season, etc. That’s all noise from his detractors.

Based on what I’ve read here locally I’d say have every intention on signing him and most likely before season begins .

If we don’t for whatever reason it’s a strong possibility this it for Dak in Dallas regardless the results, as it would represent bad faith with Dak not getting a deal done. And he would likely entertain FA offers around the league in 2025.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
First, I don’t understand why you feel the need to have a confrontational tone when that’s not what’s happening here.

I can’t really say what anyone has in mind, and I never said “60 million.”

Jerry, during his “all in” speech in January, said that they “want to extend him, but he has to work with us.”

What would you make of that considering he hasn’t signed since?

The next QB deal typically beats the last one by around ten percent. Structure is a factor of course.

Meanwhile maybe consider getting over the idea that you’re the only one allowed to speculate on what may be the case.
I’m not sure if you’re All In on your guy that 2,3 or 4 million a year makes enough difference besides public perception. Which is probably why Jethro is waiting to let someone else set the Market Price this summer.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The only way the FO wins is to go back in time to his rookie deal and extending him then rather than franchising him.

That huge blunder set everything in motion that has happened since.
Yep and I think why he’s less eager to pull the trigger this time wanting in his words “ to see where the leaves fall “ on some of these other QB contracts .

Once deals are done for Lawrence, Love, Tua and Goff in the 55-60 range the Cowboys won’t be as persecuted for paying Dak in that neighborhood.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I’m not sure if you’re All In on your guy that 2,3 or 4 million a year makes enough difference besides public perception. Which is probably why Jethro is waiting to let someone else set the Market Price this summer.
That could be yeah.

But still if it’s going to take a top of the market deal to get him signed now, they can do the same after this season and may as well let it play out.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, every indication is our ownerships intent to resign Prescott. They just don’t want to pull the trigger first on setting Market Price in 2024.

I don’t believe it has anything to do with his potential results this season, etc. That’s all noise from his detractors.

Based on what I’ve read here locally I’d say have every intention on signing him and most likely before season begins .

If we don’t for whatever reason it’s a strong possibility this it for Dak in Dallas regardless the results, as it would represent bad faith with Dak not getting a deal done. And he would likely entertain FA offers around the league in 2025.
If they wanted to resign him it would have been a done deal in March.
Wake up Dak lover your boy is on the final leg of a massive 8-year con-job that produced 2 playoff wins and Noumoureos embarrassments.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
Matt Stafford says hello, as does Jim Plunkett.

Im not saying Dak will ever do anything more than he has, but to come up with some arbitrary number is foolish.

Im curious, what exactly is that amount of time they should be given to prove themselves. Ill inform the Bills and Ravens they are running out of time.
"first QB over 30, still with the team that drafted him, while being a 4th round pick or lower to win their first Super Bowl"

Your examples are void on multiple counts.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If they wanted to resign him it would have been a done deal in March.
Wake up Dak lover your boy is on the final leg of a massive 8-year con-job that produced 2 playoff wins and Noumoureos embarrassments.
I’m not a Dak lover. I’m just presenting what Jethro has been communicating to us .

Obviously it’s not what you want to hear. I’m fine moving on as well.

No one knows how this is going to play out but the fact Jethro has stated why he is waiting and his intentions are more evidence than you have.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
"first QB over 30, still with the team that drafted him, while being a 4th round pick or lower to win their first Super Bowl"

Your examples are void on multiple counts.
Those are just talking points from the detractors. They can all be right until they’re wrong. That’s the life of Trolls.

khiladi

Reaction score
You don’t believe Dak can make history by being the first QB over 30, still with the team that drafted him, while being a 4th round pick or lower to win their first Super Bowl?
People talk about guys like Peyton Manning or Matt Stafford. The difference is, the talent was clear as day and they were resurrecting bum franchises.

Dak has been getting carried by multiple all-pro linemen, top ranked defense, including in generating TOs, all world WRs and so on.

khiladi

Reaction score

Outside of Goff, who has been to the SB and should gotten too one this last year but his coach choked, these guys are coming off their rookie contracts, meaning they are just entering their prime. Dallas on the other hand has invested way too much in this paper Tiger against bad teams.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Outside of Goff, who has been to the SB and should gotten too one this last year but his coach choked, these guys are coming off their rookie contracts, meaning they are just entering their prime. Dallas on the other hand has invested way too much in this paper Tiger against bad teams.
I’m not arguing on Prescotts behalf. I’m just reporting what our owner has said and what his intentions appear to be from those statements.

It’s not about what we think but what our owner thinks.