My view on what's happening with Dak

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I would include the likes of Jackson and Herbert as elite. People always bring out the lack of success by the Chargers as a stick to hit Herbert with but the reality is there's only so much anyone could do with genuinely terrible coaching, an awful defense and a horrific o line.

Hurts got paid but he played to an elite level in a Superbowl so it's understandable.

We have seen teams have buyers remorse like the Cardinals with Murray, Cleveland with Watson, Broncos with Wilson etc.

I don't think the Dolphins pay Tua unless they have a very strong season. I think Lawrence will get paid as he is one of their best players. Goff will get paid to a Cousins type contract.

The Packers are probably happy for Love to have another strong season as that would put him towards the elite level and they pay him.

Anyone paying Prescott $55-$60 million will really regret the decision. I just hope it isn't the Cowboys.
For Herbert things like you listed are "reasons".

For Dak Prescott people here would call those same things "excuses". Dak did not have a great coach for four years with Jason Garrett (and some argue McCarthy) and certainly the Rod Marinelli defenses back then provided little support. Mahomes and Burrow led teams to the Super Bowl with a terrible or beat up offensive line; but how many of the league's 32 starting QB's are on their level?

Dak would have had a couple more playoff wins- like against the Packers his rookie year and the Rams in 2018- had the defense performed better. He was not the issue in those games. Now, he did not play well enough against the 49ers in 2021-22 and certainly not against Green Bay last year. But there were so many breakdowns elsewhere on the team it's hard to say if a better game by Dak would have even mattered anyway.

This is what makes it so hard to evaluate Dak. By all accounts statistically, he has been a top ten or even top 5 QB ever since the second half of the 2018 season. There have been times he has failed. There have been just as many times the Cowboys have failed him.

And if the Cowboys get rid of Dak next year the odds are heavily against them upgrading. Barring a complete implosion this season, the Cowboys are going to cave in and pay Dak. This is how they do business- sit around, wait and wait and wait, then end up overpaying.

Swagger

Reaction score
What serious team is devoid of a QB? They’re all bad teams with no realistic chance of success. LV didn’t draft a QB and needs one, Seattle will probably need one after this year, the Jets are in a situation where if Rodgers retires anytime soon they’ll be stuck all-in and no QB, Miami hasn’t decided yet whether they stick with Tua or move on, NYG needs a QB, Pittsburgh may need a QB this time next year, Matt Stafford won’t play forever, heck if Levis can’t handle the receiver talent Tennessee has… why not get Dak?

All it takes is one.
I fully agree.

I didn't make my point very well.

I meant that the only teams willing to pay Prescott silly money will be weaker teams than the Cowboys. I.e., if Prescott leaves the Cowboys then it will be for the money not in pursuit of a ring.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak shouldn't get a penny more then what Cousins got. People like to throw face value stats around but hey those two are damn near identical in the vast majority of categories. Plus you know Cousins has put up similar stats with far less talent around him overall...but hey dak tards dont want to hear that and turn an eye

But in reality he needs to be gone. Different argument can be had if he's played good to average in the post season but not when he's been one of the main factors year in and year out. He's been atrocious in the post season in all the losses
Lol. The only "tards" are you hardheaded haters who don't understand football or why those playoff INTs happened. Even @DallasEast is realizing what happened after analyzing what Kurt Warner said and broke down those INTs, realizing it was the play designs that hurt both Dak and our WRs.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I would include the likes of Jackson and Herbert as elite. People always bring out the lack of success by the Chargers as a stick to hit Herbert with but the reality is there's only so much anyone could do with genuinely terrible coaching, an awful defense and a horrific o line.

Hurts got paid but he played to an elite level in a Superbowl so it's understandable.

We have seen teams have buyers remorse like the Cardinals with Murray, Cleveland with Watson, Broncos with Wilson etc.

I don't think the Dolphins pay Tua unless they have a very strong season. I think Lawrence will get paid as he is one of their best players. Goff will get paid to a Cousins type contract.

The Packers are probably happy for Love to have another strong season as that would put him towards the elite level and they pay him.

Anyone paying Prescott $55-$60 million will really regret the decision. I just hope it isn't the Cowboys.
so herbert gets excuses, because, people like him. do you Think Jason Garrett was a good coach? did he have strong defenses all 8 years? 2020 the defenses started as historically the worst defense ever.

no making excueses, but the same microscope applies to all. Jackson is not elite. he is 2-4 in playoffs and has had strong coaching (no denying that), strong defenses (no denying that), strong running attack (no denying that). but he continuously fails in post season. what's the excuse for him?

and I agree, we shouldn't pay 60M to Dak. in fact its best for both parties to part ways. he is not going to suceed here, Dallas will not succeed with him (or anybody else for that matter). time for new jersey numbers and Jerry trying to make it top 10 in sales.

SiCk_DiAbLo

Reaction score
Dak can have Pro Bowl players in each position, do you think that would get us a Super Bowl? Maybe, maybe not, but having Pro Bowl players at every position ain't gonna happen...Period!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol. The only "tards" are you hardheaded haters who don't understand football or why those playoff INTs happened. Even @DallasEast is realizing what happened after analyzing what Kurt Warner said and broke down those INTs, realizing it was the play designs that hurt both Dak and our WRs.
What the hell? To my knowledge, neither McCarthy nor Schottenheimer have confirmed how the play was drawn out during the first interception. I clearly stated not reviewing Warner's analysis beyond the first interception I cropped from his video. I have no clue or opinion of what Warner said about the second interception.

In my opinion (which I did a follow-up post in the other thread just now) both Prescott and Cooks flubbed up the play resulting in the first interception. I think Cooks ran the wrong route, which should have been a quick slant like Warner stated. I believe Prescott should have double-clutched and NOT thrown the pass.

I stated Warner's analysis was sound. Warner talked about more than just possible poor play design. At least that was true for the portion of his video that I did watch and listened to his complete analysis.

I can actually state it was bad play design on the play that I commented on IF McCarthy and/or Schottenheimer disclosed how the play should have been run as they drew it up. Otherwise, I am going with player error.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What the hell? To my knowledge, neither McCarthy nor Schottenheimer have confirmed how the play was drawn out during the first interception. I clearly stated not reviewing Warner's analysis beyond the first interception I cropped from his video. I have no clue or opinion of what Warner said about the second interception.

In my opinion (which I did a follow-up post in the other thread just now) both Prescott and Cooks flubbed up the play resulting in the first interception. I think Cooks ran the wrong route, which should have been a quick slant like Warner stated. I believe Prescott should have double-clutched and NOT thrown the pass.

I stated Warner's analysis was sound. Warner talked about more than just possible poor play design. At least that was true for the portion of his video that I did watch and listened to his complete analysis.

I can actually state it was bad play design on the play that I commented on IF McCarthy and/or Schottenheimer disclosed how the play should have been run as they drew it up. Otherwise, I am going with player error.
You're wrong. That 2nd INT definitely was and still is a poorly designed play. That's what Kurt Warner is saying but now clearly you are refusing to accept.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're wrong. That 2nd INT definitely was and still is a poorly designed play. That's what Kurt Warner is saying but now clearly you are refusing to accept.
Did I or did I not state I did not see or listen to Warner's analysis of the second interception? Stick with what you should be reading and not what you believe has been typed between lines that do not exist.

I could not care less you think my opinion may be wrong. At the very least, say I am wrong for what I actually said. Good grief.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Did I or did I not state I did not see or listen to Warner's analysis of the second interception? Stick with what you should be reading and not what you believe has been typed between lines that do not exist.

I could not care less you think my opinion may be wrong. At the very least, say I am wrong for what I actually said. Good grief.
I am telling you, you are wrong for not understanding what Kurt Warner actually and clearly pointed out what was wrong with the play design for that 2nd INT. It's the same play which was also intercepted for a pick-6 against the 49ers playoff game for the exact same reason. The play has not been fixed or corrected by this coaching staff is what Warner is insinuating.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea, but they usually still pay them like they are. That’s just the nature of the business in NFL. Franchise QB doesn’t necessarily mean Elite.
Keep HOPE alive baby nothing wrong with that I guess.
In the end, if he's the starting QB come Sept. with the lesser team Jerry has set him up with expect him to be sitting on the bench by week 17.
NO DEAL FOR DAK..............don't deserve one beating on Dog teams exclusively or getting his garbage stats (Like the GB game) while we lose again!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The amount of energy you people expend on Dak Prescott has to be exhausting.

How do you deal with your day knowing he is our quarterback?

It has to be tiring.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am telling you, you are wrong for not understanding what Kurt Warner actually and clearly pointed out what was wrong with the play design for that 2nd INT. It's the same play which was also intercepted for a pick-6 against the 49ers playoff game for the exact same reason. The play has not been fixed or corrected by this coaching staff is what Warner is insinuating.
Yap yap yap dude. Yap yap.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
You don’t believe Dak can make history by being the first QB over 30, still with the team that drafted him, while being a 4th round pick or lower to win their first Super Bowl?
What a load of pishhhhhh..

He wont win a SB because no-one with the first name Dak has ever won one !

Take the 3rd letter of his first name and the 2nd letter of his second name.. that adds up to 75.. no QB has ever won a SB with that number !

I don't know what you are going to do when he is re-signed.

(for the record) I would like to see him play out the season and see what happens.. but I still think the Jones clan will cave.