Myles Jack...

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Dont know much about Jack other than what I find on the internet. But does it concern anyone that he missed most of the season with a season ending knee injury...or concerned about his size and fit in a Marinelli defense....I just see the beating that the Cowboys LB take and not sure if this guy will hold up. Great Talent....but little 2015 production because of injuries sends up a red flag.

Lacks ideal size at linebacker. Does not possess ideal length and can get caught up in the wash. Not an explosive hitter. Will need to prove the health of his season-ending knee injury that required surgery and will be limited in his ability to impress scouts on the field during the pre-draft period.
IN OUR VIEW: Out of this game due to a knee injury suffered in September which required season-ending surgery, Jack nonetheless projects as a top 15 pick, boasting perhaps the country's-best combination of instincts and athleticism. Unprecedented as the Pac-12 Offensive and Defensive Freshman of the Year in 2013, Jack has the vision, agility and speed to star at running back if he wanted to return to that position but is even more valuable on the defensive side of the ball, where he's a true three-down linebacker and future Pro Bowler.

Last edited:

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Dont know much about Jack other than what I find on the internet. But does it concern anyone that he missed most of the season with a season ending knee injury...or concerned about his size and fit in a Marinelli defense....I just see the beating that the Cowboys LB take and not sure if this guy will hold up. Great Talent....but little 2015 production because of injuries sends up a red flag.

Lacks ideal size at linebacker. Does not possess ideal length and can get caught up in the wash. Not an explosive hitter. Will need to prove the health of his season-ending knee injury that required surgery and will be limited in his ability to impress scouts on the field during the pre-draft period.
IN OUR VIEW: Out of this game due to a knee injury suffered in September which required season-ending surgery, Jack nonetheless projects as a top 15 pick, boasting perhaps the country's-best combination of instincts and athleticism. Unprecedented as the Pac-12 Offensive and Defensive Freshman of the Year in 2013, Jack has the vision, agility and speed to star at running back if he wanted to return to that position but is even more valuable on the defensive side of the ball, where he's a true three-down linebacker and future Pro Bowler.

Size depends on what he is at the combine. They said hes 245 now and if he still runs a 4.5 at that weight.........

Reactions: BAT

texbumthelife

Reaction score

In other words you didn't read the other six pages in this thread where everything you mentioned was discussed at length?

Enlightened32

Reaction score
When people just say "knee injury" then you know they don't know the details of the injury. It was just an MCL, not an ACL.

Even if it were an ACL, look at Gurley. How many here would have wanted Dallas to pass on Gurley last year had he dropped to them?

...and Gurley's injury was worse.

jcollins28

Reaction score
When people just say "knee injury" then you know they don't know the details of the injury. It was just an MCL, not an ACL.

Even if it were an ACL, look at Gurley. How many here would have wanted Dallas to pass on Gurley last year had he dropped to them?

...and Gurley's injury was worse.

The injury was a torn anterior meniscus. He's fine and is training hard for the draft.

ghst187

Reaction score
So what positions are reserved for the top 5?

Lb is just not a premium position, like OG, SS, FB, KR, K, P, C, slot WR, TE, these are positions you just don't blow a top 5 pick on. Even if the player is a transcendental type player you still have to think twice hard because you know those positions and talented guys are going to be available much later.
As for Jack specifically, use the four pick on a LB coming off a major knee injury? Haven't we been through that? And we only had to use a mid second round pick to get Lee.
If we're not taking a QB at four, I'd rather see Elliott as the pick since he will help the defense more than Jack ever could. Or is Jack worth the four pick if you compare him to trading down and getting say Elliott plus one of Perry, Scooby Wright, or Striker in the late second or third round plus a monster DL or better # 2 WR? Is Jack better than having a comparable LB talent plus two extra picks high enough they could be starter material at other positions? Guess I'm just saying I would rack and stack my draft board where LB would be pretty low on my list for the four pick, ranked well below a good trade down offer. I'm not saying I think he's a poor player by any means.

MrPhil

Reaction score
Now, let me ask you something, if you needed a QB for the future, you were picking early in the draft, but your choices were Mark Sanchez and a defensive gem, who do you take?

Thats the thing. Nobody knows for sure who is going to excel and who is going to bust. Back in the day, Tony Mandarich was supposed to be the end all be all. He busted. Hard. Your question is loaded. Of course you will take the "gem" over the JAG. The problem is that the draft is a gamble, from pick#1 to Mr. Irrelevant. There are lots of people getting paid lots of money to project gems vs JAGs.

Reactions: BAT

TheFinisher

Reaction score
Lb is just not a premium position, like OG, SS, FB, KR, K, P, C, slot WR, TE, these are positions you just don't blow a top 5 pick on. Even if the player is a transcendental type player you still have to think twice hard because you know those positions and talented guys are going to be available much later.
As for Jack specifically, use the four pick on a LB coming off a major knee injury? Haven't we been through that? And we only had to use a mid second round pick to get Lee.
If we're not taking a QB at four, I'd rather see Elliott as the pick since he will help the defense more than Jack ever could. Or is Jack worth the four pick if you compare him to trading down and getting say Elliott plus one of Perry, Scooby Wright, or Striker in the late second or third round plus a monster DL or better # 2 WR? Is Jack better than having a comparable LB talent plus two extra picks high enough they could be starter material at other positions? Guess I'm just saying I would rack and stack my draft board where LB would be pretty low on my list for the four pick, ranked well below a good trade down offer. I'm not saying I think he's a poor player by any means.

Yea... You gotta give credit to Denver and Carolina for overcoming those blown top 10 selections on their non premium position linebackers, Keuchley and Miller, and playing for SB 50 this week.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I haven't been too impressed with some of the games I've watched of him. Then again, I didn't care for Kendricks either and he did well in his first season.

Kaiser

Reaction score
He is not worth the 4th pick simply due to the position he plays.

That is exactly my reaction. QBs are always taken too high, LBs and RBs are always taken lower than they deserve - which is great because we need one of each. If we traded down from 4 for an extra 2nd, we could still have a good shot at Jack or someone like Treadwell. Then take a good RB and QB in the 2nd round. And still have a 3rd round pick that is 67th in the draft.

ghst187

Reaction score
Yea... You gotta give credit to Denver and Carolina for overcoming those blown top 10 selections on their non premium position linebackers, Keuchley and Miller, and playing for SB 50 this week.

Key phrase, top TEN. Which is five more than the range we were discussing. Additionally, it should be noted that those two teams have QBs that were drafted at the top overall selection in their respective drafts. I would bet that if those two teams had been in need of a QB their selections might have been different. You go top five and there's a QB there you think can be you franchise guy, you take him period.