Myles Jack...

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I disagree...there is no QB worth taking at #4. QB and WR can be fixed later in the draft.

Drafting Jack would not only improve the defense, it would allow Dallas to move on from Rolando McClain. Plug Jack into the middle of the defense and Dallas' run and pass defense automatically gets an upgrade.

At UCLA Jack was used as a LB, Nickel Corner, and Safety (not to mention RB). There is no offensive weapon with that much versatility in this draft.

To me, going offense with their first pick would be a HUGE mistake.

I can see this. Free agency will allow us to upgrade the team. ..offense and defense. We need talented players and if jack is best player available grab him.

Kuechly helped turn the Panthers defense around

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Goff is the only QB I see worthy of a first round grade, honestly.

Lynch and Wentz are only slightly lesser prospects than Winston and Mariotta? You've got to be kidding me? That serious hyperbole. They had significantly stronger tape against significantly stronger talent than either Wentz or Lynch has faced.

What I see is, when I am trying to project a QB based largely on his physical tools, as opposed to his actual play and film, they aren't worth a high pick. The only one who has the stats, tape and close proximity to physical tools, is Goff. Wentz is a physical beast but he played seriously inferior talent and has only played a season and a half at the college level. Lynch played better competition than Wentz, but we're still talking about a lot of middling defenses. Even at that, he was erratic and often didn't play his best in big games.

The way I look at it is this: Anytime you have the chance to grab a QB you think can be a future franchise player you do it. No matter the state of your team. However, I don't think if Romo hadn't gotten hurt this year, and we still managed a top-5 pick, anyone would even be humoring the idea of selecting Wentz or Lynch this high. It's still a knee-jerk reaction to Romo's situation. It's not proper talent evaluation.

If the talent evaluators think they have a shot at a guy at four who is truly a franchise QB, then I trust them to pull the trigger. I just hope they're not locked in on it simply because of what happened this year.

Nope, not hyperbole. I have all 3 as top 15 guys. Lynch is top 10 for me and Wentz is 15. Those two are a tier, maybe two lower for Wentz, than Winston and Mariotta. This high in the draft the differences in tiers aren't that much. I wasn't nearly as high on either of those two as most were so thats probably a factor in how they compare to me. As far as Goff I actually have him graded higher than Mariotta last year. If these guys grade out well from our scouts and do good in the interviews/white board sessions I hope they are the pick. It's a great opportunity to have a very good QB prospect sit and learn behind an elite QB for a couple of years.

Enlightened32

Reaction score
Nope, not hyperbole. I have all 3 as top 15 guys. Lynch is top 10 for me and Wentz is 15. Those two are a tier, maybe two lower for Wentz, than Winston and Mariotta. This high in the draft the differences in tiers aren't that much. I wasn't nearly as high on either of those two as most were so thats probably a factor in how they compare to me. As far as Goff I actually have him graded higher than Mariotta last year. If these guys grade out well from our scouts and do good in the interviews/white board sessions I hope they are the pick. It's a great opportunity to have a very good QB prospect sit and learn behind an elite QB for a couple of years.

Do you not realize taking a "top 15" player in the top 5 picks is reaching?

I simply do not get this idea of drafting a QB just to draft a QB.

Also...after this past season people are actually saying we should trust Dallas' scouting department's ability to evaluate talent at the QB position. Isn't that what got them in this mess?

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Do you not realize taking a "top 15" player in the top 5 picks is reaching?

I simply do not get this idea of drafting a QB just to draft a QB.

Also...after this past season people are actually saying we should trust Dallas' scouting department's ability to evaluate talent at the QB position. Isn't that what got them in this mess?

Wentz is who I have top 15. The other 2 are top 10, or did you just breeze right over that part? I've been saying Lynch or Goff for months at 4, not Wentz.

sbark

Reaction score
While I think Jack is fast enough and instinctual enough to avoid most of those OL heads up, it's this damn scheme thats the problem. Mcclain was a good fit here because he was big and strong. A great fit for a coach that wants tiny scrubs playing 1T. If we were to address that 1T with an actual 1T, our Mike could be a smaller, more athletic LB who could roam around and hit lanes instead of taking on an OG all the time because Hayden got blown off the ball at the snap.

With our present personal yup........With Hayden not demanding a double even though he sets up in the gap to promote one.......either the guard or center helps check hayden and then goes after our MLB---There RoMac in necessary.

Now if we can grab a 1-tech that forces teams to keep both linemen in to handle him.........now a smaller instinctive MLB is free to flow to the ball........This Draft is super deep in quality 1-techs, and a few on the FA market. time to insert one in and see the effects.

btcutter

Reaction score
I have actually thought this. Most mocks have Jack going between 8-10.

He's moving up on the draft boards.

Trade down only if you have few players rated the same and they will all help you EQUALLY. If you think you have a specific player that will help you MORE than others it would be silly to pick up extra pick and risk losing out on THAT particular prospect.

Bocephus

Reaction score
It would be very risky to trade back, but you never know if he does fall got we got the BPA and extra picks... don't know if I would take the chance

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I like the player. Wouldn't mind him being the pick as he arguably will be a top 5 player on many boards. The issue is this team not upgrading DT(Hayden) leaving a LB like Jack continually exposed to opposing OGs and Cs.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Myles Jack Jim Rome Interview
http://jimrome.com/2016/01/22/myles-jack-my-legs-are-stronger-than-ever/

“I’m feeling great. I’m back on my feet. I’ve been lifting, getting my upper body strong. I’ve gotten real big up top, so I’m happy about that,” Jack said. “My legs are stronger than ever. I feel like a new person. I feel like I’ve revamped my body, missed out on a lot of hits, and the nicks and bruises that come with the season."

Jack using Todd Gurley as inspiration even though the injury was different:

“It gives me hope. I definitely pay close attention to him and what he did this season,” Jack said. “I actually got the follow from him on Twitter, which was really cool, which was a monumental moment for me, so that was big. But you know, I just hope that kind of puts things in perspective, he had a ACL, mine is minor a meniscus, a lateral meniscus, they repaired it, so it’s coming along well. I haven’t had any setbacks, and I’m just grinding. I’m focused and just hope people can look at that and what Todd Gurley did and maybe try to kind of put it in my scenario and have a positive outlook on it, that it can be a good thing. That’s where I’m at right now.”

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
Watching Davis and Kuechly chase down and destroy anything that moves is very intriguing when you think about Lee and Jack. Why can't we re-sign Rolando and have him play strong side? His best attribute is playing the run and getting through the rubbage. Have Lee WLB, Jack MLB, McClain SLB, and have Hitchens back up all three spots.