Name a former Dallas Cowboy player you believe is the most underrated

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It feels weird to say, but Sean Lee. Maybe it's because he spent half his career on the sideline, maybe it's because he was stuck on a decade of talent-starved defenses, but he's a Cowboys all-timer and doesn't get seen as one. I'd put a healthy Lee on the field with any Cowboys LB ever.
I honestly thought he would go into coaching after retiring and he still might from what I hear.........but I bet very fans know he and Dak are still very close friends........

https://www.yourbasin.com/sports/sp...an-lee-and-wheres-dak-prescott-coach-tracker/

Why Don’t Dallas Cowboys Hire Sean Lee? And Where’s Dak Prescott? NFL Coach Tracker

FEB 5 WHY NOT? Why don’t the Dallas Cowboys hire Sean Lee as a coach?”
It’s among Cowboys Nation’s most-asked questions since Lee’s retirement … and we have in the past tried to explain how much he and wife Megan are enjoying their post-NFL life … absent the grind required of a player …
And a coach.
img_3791.jpg

But from now on, when the question comes up, we will answer it with this Pro Bowl Week photo … which also explains why expectant parents Dak Prescott and Sarah Jane Ramos are not in Orlando, choosing instead to chill on a Colorado mountaintop.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/jones-has-dream-of-working-with-sean-lee-again

rojan

Reaction score
Kyle Kosier was a stud and never got the recognition. He was everything we hoped Rivera would be.

Anthony Henry was a ball hawk and matched up well with big body WRs when healthy.

Both great FA pick ups by BP

TheCritic

Reaction score
Marion Barber III

His running style for that brief period of time was legendary. I understand he couldn't sustain it, but man just loved his intensity!!

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Dat Nguyen

You had your Ray Lewis and your Brian Urlachers who were elite Hall of famers

Dat was the level right below....he was that good just not a long career
That's actually a reasonable pick. Neck issues hurt him. A bit undersized.

But the heart and disposition of a caged lion. Really liked that guy

lukemartin79

Reaction score
Kevin Smith pre injury was pretty special. Imagine a healthy Kevin & Deion together.
So true. Tough call, pre- injury Kevin Smith or pre- crash Erik Williams. I go with Williams - he was just nasty. He gets it for all those games against Reggie White. Those were something to see.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Lynn Scott the safety. :muttley: Ok ok but how that guy stayed on the roster as long as he did, I was so baffled. Even worse than Jeff Heath,at least Heath did something.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
Old school guy here so I have a couple of underrated guys from wayyyyyyyyy back. George Andrie and Jethro Pugh. They went underrated because they played on the same D line as the best of his era...Bob Lilly. Both Pugh and Andrie had long careers, were on SB winners, made multiple pro bowls and all pro lists. Both were gentlemen off the field also. Almost no one remember Andrie for anything but he even led the league in sacks one season. And sadly a great long career by Pugh is overlooked completely save for being on the receiving end of the Kramer block in the "Ice Bowl."