Name Brand Or Not?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
If my memory serves me well, that 'old Milwaukee' was a subsidiary brand from the Stroh's brewery,that was my brand for years ,early on in life/ High School those gold cans with black labeling,,, then later on when that "old Milwaukee" hit the scene, it was selling across the Wabash river in Illinois for $5.98 per case,MAN,me & my peach orchard owning bro! Left a vapor trail in our wake heading over there,I bought 6 cases& he bought 10:lmao:

I'm pretty much a straight up JIM BEAM Man anymore:starspin::thumbup:
a7cfa67b8276549cdb6f0bb1a4f6230b.jpg

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Hellman's is the first thing I thought of, when reading this. No other mayo is any good.
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
Bounce fabric sheets (I recently discovered the generic or Arm and Hammer brands just suck.)
Barber stuffed chicken breasts
Beefsteak Rye
Lipton Pure Leaf tea
French's yellow mustard....Gulden's spicy brown
Dawn dish detergent
Oh my, we have the same taste. Except for the Barber Chicken, never heard of it in these parts. And I don't drink tea. But the rest are spot on. :thumbup:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is there anything in y

Is there anything left in your pantry that you didn't cover?
Oh hell yes and a lot more in the bar too. BTW, that was just a list of stuff I am having tonight, top of mind, ya know?
Not too set on brands but there are items that I am brand specific on

Tuna - Bumble Bee in water
Kraft Real Mayo
Heinz Ketchup
San Marzano Tomatoes for Sauce
Nike tennis shoes
Levis are the only jeans I will wear
Yep, the San Marzano's are the only way to go, Cento does the best that I've found. Now you can find the fresh ones in bags, very good.

Xelda

Reaction score
Hellman's? Oh hell yeah but I have not tried Heinz and their promoting heavily
Mustard, used to be a French's man until I had the original mustard, Plochman's, and I gotta say Whataburger's mustard is pretty great on burgers
Ketchup, only Heinz will do and now they're using a new song after Carly Simon's "Anticipation" for 10 years. And their flavored ketchups like Hot and Jalapeno are pretty fine as well.
Hot Sauce, Crystal but I experiment around with anything new
Worcestershire, Lea & Perrin and no other is acceptable. Ever. Under any circumstances.
Mezzetti for jarred peppers, cocktail onions except for green pimento stuffed olives, then it's Goya
Hamburger pickles, for years, I was a Best Maid guy but then I had Mt. Olive's and they're excellent.
Jarred salsa, Walt Garrison's Medium Salsa is the best I've found and it's not easy to find. I order it online.
Chips, I used to be a Lays or Charles Chips guy when they delivered those in a can but I've been converted to HEB's store brand and they beat Cheetos and Fritos for me. Fritos have started to have a burnt after taste. And I am usually not a store brand guy.
Deli, Boar's Head, some things are just worth the additional $
Vodka, martini's, Belvedere or Stoly Gold. For mixing, Tito's.
Gin, martini's, Bombay Sapphire, For tonics, Hendrick's. Tonic and ginger beer, Fever Tree.
Bourbon, Woodford Reserve
Scotch, Single malt, Glenmorangie or Balvenie.
Tequila, 1800 for marg's, Patron for top shelf and just discovered a new one at Costco, Qui, very pricey but a smooth sipper. BTW, if you haven't hit up Costco for liquor, I suggest it. The selection is not what you would find in a liquor store like Total Wine or Spec's but the process are good.
Rum, Bacardi and just discovered the Bacardi Maestro and it's as smooth as a baby's butt
Bottle mixes, Baja Bob's Sugar Free
Go to mixer, Topo Chico. Also fun to say if you do it in your best Ed Sullivan voice like you are introducing that little Italian mouse. Disney ripped them off with that French rat. But I do prefer foreign rodents to the domestic ones.

OK, is this enough or you want more?
We're like Billy Idol. We want more.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
If my memory serves me well, that 'old Milwaukee' was a subsidiary brand from the Stroh's brewery,that was my brand for years ,early on in life/ High School those gold cans with black labeling,,, then later on when that "old Milwaukee" hit the scene, it was selling across the Wabash river in Illinois for $5.98 per case,MAN,me & my peach orchard owning bro! Left a vapor trail in our wake heading over there,I bought 6 cases& he bought 10:lmao:

I'm pretty much a straight up JIM BEAM Man anymore:starspin::thumbup:
Old Milwaukee 3 quarts for a Dollar Was the best beer ever until I got a job They made a beer in the 70's came in a white can with windmills on it cant remember the name You could get a case for 3 dollars and it was really not nasty In the 70's Wellers was cheap until they figgert out it was good and jacked the price up Schlitz sucked then and sucks now Bimbo bread was a nice discount bread still good but not the cheap off named bread anymore I buy cheap peanut butter in Oklahoma the stuff is great sure saver or sumfin like that government issue version of Velveeta is really good my daughter gets it it's great And last but not least Bob Evans mashed taders microwave brand those dang things are as good as home made and cheep