Name the song and artist

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very good, Runny.

It's Donald Fagen, "The Good-Bye Look", from the album "Nightfly".

He and Walter Becker (college buds in the '60s) still perform, and were the backbone of Steely Dan.

FWIW, my daughter has a friend named Steely; I asked the origin of that, and sure enough, her parents chose it because of being big fans.

Actually Walter Becker died almost a year ago.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
She saw the look in his eyes
And she knew better
He wanted her tonight
And it was now or never
He made her feel so sad

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Very good, Runny.

It's Donald Fagen, "The Good-Bye Look", from the album "Nightfly".

He and Walter Becker (college buds in the '60s) still perform, and were the backbone of Steely Dan.

FWIW, my daughter has a friend named Steely; I asked the origin of that, and sure enough, her parents chose it because of being big fans.
Wow, I've honestly never heard it. Funny how just words can make you think of a certain artist.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I posted lyrics over 12 hrs ago and still no one has guessed the artist/song. I know we have smart folks around here...

I have at least one hanging as well. If they don't get answered pretty quick the thread moves along and those are lost and forgotten a few pages back. Try posting again, and if nobody is able to get it in the next hour provide the answer.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Remember when we did the moonshot
And Pony Trekker led the way
We'd move to the Canaveral moonstop
And everynaut would dance and sway

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh I see. I know of far too many New Englanders that to this day still blame Dallas for JFK's assasination. Those were hard times for our nation. :(
You're not the first to say that to me on a Cowboys forum, but I've never once heard anyone say anything negative about Texas..........other than about the Cowboys, of course.