NASCAR 2012 Season Thread

Kristi

I Rue Everything
Reaction score
It is getting so boring. A Fantasy League keeps me interested, well the money and strategy do. The minute football starts it'll be off my TV.

Too many rules, penalized for anything and everything these days.

And I have one question WHY does Joe Nemecheck still have a ride? When he does qualify for Sprint he never finishes a race -- usually out within the first 20 laps. Might be time to give his ride to an up and comer.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Kristi;4638130 said:
It is getting so boring. A Fantasy League keeps me interested, well the money and strategy do. The minute football starts it'll be off my TV.

And I have one question WHY does Joe Nemecheck still have a ride? When he does qualify for Sprint he never finishes a race -- usually out within the first 20 laps. Might be time to give his ride to an up and comer.

You bashing on Front Row Joe? :D

At least we havent seen Mike or Kenny Wallace, or any of the Bodines for a while!

Its like the NBA - coaches with below .500 career records get jobs . . . . . . . . . .

It doesnt seem like any new young guys are showing they belong.

BTW, where is Buckshot Jones? :laugh1:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Kristi;4638130 said:

He owns the car. He runs enough laps to get paid and parks it.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WPBCowboysFan;4637861 said:
You're right, its not just the economy, although it is a factor.

The racing is boring for the most part.

There are really no rivals. No interesting personalities. Not enough side by side racing anymore.

And then factor in the cost to go to a race - its just not worth it anymore.

Yep - they need less cookie cutter tracks and more Martinsvilles, Dovers, Bristols etc.

I can't even watch it anymore.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think Nascar's concerned about the racing this year since they'll be racing a completely different car next year.

I think the racing's fine this year when your driver's up front. When he's not, I guess it can get boring. Not for me. I'm too much of a diehard. I know there's a lot going on when they look like they're just driving around in circles playing follow the leader.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Risen Star;4639477 said:
I don't think Nascar's concerned about the racing this year since they'll be racing a completely different car next year.

I think the racing's fine this year when your driver's up front. When he's not, I guess it can get boring. Not for me. I'm too much of a diehard. I know there's a lot going on when they look like they're just driving around in circles playing follow the leader.

Fans still like to see some good side by side racing tho. Theres a lot going on when Im cruising at 85 mph traveling up I-95 but it still gets boring.

The proof is in the empty stands at all the tracks. If that doesnt get the France family's attention, nothing will!

jimmy40

Reaction score
At least next year Danica will be wrecking people in Sprint Cup full time.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jimmy40;4639661 said:

You aint lying.

I respect Danica. I don't think she's merely a pretty face with no talent. But she isn't ready for Cup. She's not really ready for Nationwide.

I don't know if any of you guys listen to the scanner during races, but I do and some of things she says to her team and the things her crew chief and spotter have to tell her is alarming.

She shouldn't have been allowed to enter that series with no prior stock car experience.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Risen Star;4639667 said:
You aint lying.

I respect Danica. I don't think she's merely a pretty face with no talent. But she isn't ready for Cup. She's not really ready for Nationwide.

I don't know if any of you guys listen to the scanner during races, but I do and some of things she says to her team and the things her crew chief and spotter have to tell her is alarming.

She shouldn't have been allowed to enter that series with no prior stock car experience.
I'd like to see Johanna Long drive the same car and see what happens.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Risen Star;4639667 said:
You aint lying.

I didn't even know you could listen to the scanner and I've been watching Nascar my whole life.:bang2: No wonder your not as bored watching.:laugh2:

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
jimmy40;4639661 said:

Yep, a female version of Derrick Cope or one of the Bodine's. Or Robby Gordon.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
jimmy40;4639677 said:
I didn't even know you could listen to the scanner and I've been watching Nascar my whole life.:bang2: No wonder your not as bored watching.:laugh2:
Oh, the scanner can be very entertaining at times. :D :D :D

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jimmy40;4639677 said:

I have the Raceview package that allows me to watch and listen to any driver I want. I'm pretty sure they have a lot of the Nationwide races available for free to listen. Sometimes you can only listen and watch a few drivers but Danica is always one of the options since she's so popular.

Yeah, I couldn't stand going back to watching races without the scanner. You miss so much of what's going on. When an accident happens, flip over to whatever driver gets taken out. You'll hear what he REALLY has to say before he cools off and is interviewed afterward. It's great stuff.

Check out the website for the Nationwide race Saturday night if you're free. Click on their "Race Buddy" feature right when the race is about to go green. It's pretty cool.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Well we have Pocono today, the most boring track there is imo. 100 less miles though today, maybe that will help?

jimmy40

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;4648538 said:
A win is a win....I'll take it :laugh1:
I was watching the Olympics and switched to the race just in time to see the restart, that was crazy wasn't it? Gordon has run the full spectrum of dumb luck this year, about time something went his way.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
jimmy40;4648268 said:
Well we have Pocono today, the most boring track there is imo. 100 less miles though today, maybe that will help?

Pocono is terrible and the traffic getting out is horrendous.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was a gift win. Kahne should be ashamed of himself for letting Gordon get underneath him on the restart. He had a vastly superior car.

On a side note, three people were struck by lightning outside of the track after the race.