NASCAR 2012 Season Thread

Phoenix

Reaction score
Just finished watching the Watkins Glen race - wow, what a last lap! CRAZY! Kez lost to Ambrose but gave Marcus all props in his post-race interview, saying "That is what racing is supposed to be!" and calling Marcus a class act. He just made a fan of me :)

GREAT race. I had Ambrose on my fantasy team :) But I had Smoke and Montoya also, both of whom had issues, both of whom could easily have been top-5.

Jr - ha ha! Running 10 with about 5 to go or so, he did a spin and lost 12 spots, then more I think due to pitting for tires after. RIGHT before that spin, ESPN showed him tied for 1st in the Chase in the "As they run..." BWAA ha ha! Suddenly after that, Jr is down the standings.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Road course racing is garbage. Which leads to fraud winners like Ambrose who is basically a field filler everywhere else.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Nascar finally figured out how to make a race exciting, pour oil all over the track and don't clean it up. Awesome

jimmy40

Reaction score
Not his fault but I believe Kurt Busch is going to set a record for running into the most cars in one race.

Kristi

I Rue Everything
Reaction score
Nothing like a helmet toss to enhance a race. I wonder what that fine will be?

Stewart and Kenseth were 1st and 2nd -- not sure why either gave each other some room. A LOT of racing still left to go.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;4686003 said:
LMAO Danica shaking her finger at Regan Smith. I bet he's real scared.

Ha Ha. Seems some of the Danica hype is gone . . . . . . . . .

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
She was running around 20th most of the night before she got taken out. I wouldn't call that struggling big time considering her lack of experience.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
At least Jr. picked up a spot in the points and is now in the chase.....that is all that truly matters.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Risen Star;4686749 said:
She was running around 20th most of the night before she got taken out. I wouldn't call that struggling big time considering her lack of experience.

I meant struggling the whole season rather the few races she's ran

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
BTW, I believe they should expand the Chase.....

to get in you need to meet one of two criteria:

1. Win a race
2. Top 10 in points

If you fail to win a race, but you are in the top 10, you are in. If you are 15th in points, yet you were able to win a race, you are in.

Move the All-Star Race. Have it take place between the regular season and the Chase. To be in the All-Star Race you have to meet the following criteria:

1. Win a race
2. Top 15 in points
3. Top 10 in money earned

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;4686701 said:
I wasn't hyping her. I knew she'd struggle big time.

I didnt mean you hyped her.

Its been a lil more normal and not so much Danica worship as the year has gone on in general.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Biggems;4686996 said:

1. Win a race
2. Top 10 in points

If you fail to win a race, but you are in the top 10, you are in. If you are 15th in points, yet you were able to win a race, you are in.

Move the All-Star Race. Have it take place between the regular season and the Chase. To be in the All-Star Race you have to meet the following criteria:

1. Win a race
2. Top 15 in points

The chase changes I wouldn't mind because my driver would get in but don't messed with the All Star races. It's part of the tradition.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Biggems;4686996 said:

1. Win a race
2. Top 10 in points

1. Win a race
2. Top 15 in points

I hate the whole chase formula.

What is wrong with just giving 43 points for first place and then right down to 1 point for last? At the end of the year who ever has the most points wins.

All of this bonus points for this and that and then being in the top 10 etc just makes for the last few races meaningful for only ten drivers.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cajuncowboy;4687444 said:
I hate the whole chase formula.

What is wrong with just giving 43 points for first place and then right down to 1 point for last? At the end of the year who ever has the most points wins.

All of this bonus points for this and that and then being in the top 10 etc just makes for the last few races meaningful for only ten drivers.

As opposed to making the last 10 races meaningful for maybe 2 or 3 drivers, like the old formula. That's why they changed it. They want more drivers in the mix down the final stretch of the season. I've read before that they have considered bunching them back up again halfway through the chase.

It's basically creating a tight points race through rules and not performance on the track.