Nashon Wright & Trysten Hill

pancakeman

Reaction score

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Magic 8-ball strikes again.
It’s just an opinion about a couple of players- which I could be wrong about. Just as you could be in yours. That’s what happens in an opinion forum right?

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
It’s just an opinion about a couple of players- which I could be wrong about. Just as you could be in yours. That’s what happens in an opinion forum right?
Not if you give long enough answers!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Both of these guys were draft mistakes. Both should've been taken in the late rounds. Didn't understand either pick and don't see how either made any sense at the time, and they haven't started making any more sense since then.

Hill was rated a 6th/7th, and there wasn't a lot on Wright, what I saw was a late round/UDFA projection.

Aven8

Reaction score
Hill is not a bad player he’s just small IMO. He’s a decent rotation guy, but nothing more. At least he’s not a total bum

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hill needs to go. If he is still on the roster it's because of where he was drafted and/or because the team continues to be unable to evaluate their own talent. The last two years we had 4 DTs on the initial 53. There are 5 guys ahead of Hill. Plus there is talk of Golston rotating in on passing downs and in certain nickel formations Tank did also. The only chance is we go 5 deep and don't keep Watkins. Watkins isn't great but he is better than Hill. Or I guess if the team is only going to pick one of Ridgeway and Bohanna but that still may not clear enough space for him.

Gallimore
Osa
Bohanna
Watkins
Ridgeway

Don't be surprised if Hill beats out Bohanna or Ridgeway, and on talent not draft status.

ondaedg

Reaction score
From what I've seen, Hill has been breaking through for some would-be sacks. I'm not sure how his run defense has been, though, since that was his main area of weakness. I also don't know who he has been getting those sacks against.

Hill is a gap shooter and not much more. On run plays when he is engaged by a guard he ends up on the opposing team’s bench. He can be useful on pass plays but his strength at point of attack is awful.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Both of these guys were draft mistakes. Both should've been taken in the late rounds. Didn't understand either pick and don't see how either made any sense at the time, and they haven't started making any more sense since then.

Hill was rated a 6th/7th, and there wasn't a lot on Wright, what I saw was a late round/UDFA projection.

Not sure about the 6th or 7th for Hill. I seen as high as a 2nd, but most were 3rd and 4th. Wright was maybe ranked 5th if that high.
I do agree, both were taken too high.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Picture of Hill with a few other current/former NFL players.......couple former Cowboys in the picture also (lol)

Reactions: BAT

Jarntt

Reaction score
Why are you so obsessed w/ Hill?
Did I start a Trysten Hill thread? Ever? Don't we discuss topics as they are posted on here? Isn't that the purpose? As far as Hill goes. He stinks. Any other questions?

This you?:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Hill is a gap shooter and not much more. On run plays when he is engaged by a guard he ends up on the opposing team’s bench. He can be useful on pass plays but his strength at point of attack is awful.

That's definitely what we've seen from him in the past. Linemen get under his pads and uproot him or turn him against the run. Against the pass, they have been able to guide him out of the way, actually taking advantage of his quickness and gap shooting to run him out of the play. Those knocks against him are no different than they were in college and are primarily because of technique issues. I can't tell enough from the footage available if he's worked on those technique issues.

stinkface

Reaction score
Not buying the Hill hype.

He does this every year...his problem is he is Mr. Almost. He is in a constant state of penetrating and almost making a play. He doesn't have it in him.

I welcome him to prove me wrong but until then....nope.
He is pretty trying to swim upstream in a strong current with alligator arms. In short it's not happening. I see nothing to this point that indicates he has a burning desire to succeed. He will be gone by the end of the year unless he is traded for a late round section. Maybe we get a 5th rounder. Maybe lower. Most folks have no problem figuring out who does the least with the most. Another Taco type pick. Why in the world do we select folks who have a history of being a slacker.

kskboys

Reaction score
Not sure about the 6th or 7th for Hill. I seen as high as a 2nd, but most were 3rd and 4th. Wright was maybe ranked 5th if that high.
I do agree, both were taken too high.
I also saw some UDFA for both.

Hill was a late riser, sorta like Gavin Escobar.

kskboys

Reaction score
He is pretty trying to swim upstream in a strong current with alligator arms. In short it's not happening. I see nothing to this point that indicates he has a burning desire to succeed. He will be gone by the end of the year unless he is traded for a late round section. Maybe we get a 5th rounder. Maybe lower. Most folks have no problem figuring out who does the least with the most. Another Taco type pick. Why in the world do we select folks who have a history of being a slacker.
Because we all too often take draft risers and fallers. Hill was a late draft riser. Not to mention being a weirdo.

Taco was taken about where he was slated to go, but we sure did ignore a lot of signs to take him, one year wonder type and really bad at learning playbook type being the two standout ones.

kskboys

Reaction score
That's definitely what we've seen from him in the past. Linemen get under his pads and uproot him or turn him against the run. Against the pass, they have been able to guide him out of the way, actually taking advantage of his quickness and gap shooting to run him out of the play. Those knocks against him are no different than they were in college and are primarily because of technique issues. I can't tell enough from the footage available if he's worked on those technique issues.
I think it has more to do w/ balance issues. Hill has a freaky quick first step, and that's about it. His other traits are all below average.

kskboys

Reaction score
Did I start a Trysten Hill thread? Ever? Don't we discuss topics as they are posted on here? Isn't that the purpose? As far as Hill goes. He stinks. Any other questions?

This you?:
No, but your idea is cut him, cut him, cut him. Screaming CUT HIM is not discussing. Why not let someone beat him out first?

I never liked the Hill pick, and hope we have enough talent so we can cut him.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Notice he doesn't do interviews anymore and teammates rarely bring him up? He's a weirdo for sure. Atleast be a weirdo and productive smh
Because we all too often take draft risers and fallers. Hill was a late draft riser. Not to mention being a weirdo.

Taco was taken about where he was slated to go, but we sure did ignore a lot of signs to take him, one year wonder type and really bad at learning playbook type being the two standout ones.

quickccc

Reaction score
DTs (five)
1 Osa
2 Gallimore
3 Hill
4 Watkins
5 Winner: Ridgeway vs Bohanna ?

CBs (six)
1 Diggs
2 Brown
3 Lewis
4 Joseph
5 Wright
6 Goodwin or Bland ?

Five DEs (DLaw, Williams, Armstrong, Golston, Fowler)
Four safeties (Kearse, Hooker, Wilson, Bell)