NBA 2015 Season Talk

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
here is the actual stat... to correct.. and put in perspective..

When Dellavedova was guarding Curry, the NBA Most Valuable Player went 0-for-8 from the floor, 0-for-5 from 3-point range with four turnovers.

They worked Curry on both ends.
Della chased him until he was flat exhausted which is why Curry got some scoring late.
They ran at Curry with the iso pick and roll almost every play.
He would back off because he got tired of getting hit.

BUT, GSW has so much skill it was still a one shot game.
Nice to be so skilled you can stink it up and still win.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't think playing Barnes more will be the difference between GS scoring 100-115 points a night. They've lived by the jump shot all year, and if they die by it...well.
Cleveland is playing so big on the O boards, its difficult for GS to get out and run, even though they are holding Cleveland to a low shooting percentage.

I agree they have to find a way to run and open the floor, but I guess how they do it is a different question....

Next game should be interesting. Lets see if they follow your idea... because they have to do something.

They don't have to live and die by the jump shot against Cleveland. They have enough bodies to simply wear them out if they just play that style of game. If they allow Cleveland to continue to dictate the pace, GS will lose and it will be their own faults because they could easily win this IMO.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
They don't have to live and die by the jump shot against Cleveland. They have enough bodies to simply wear them out if they just play that style of game. If they allow Cleveland to continue to dictate the pace, GS will lose and it will be their own faults because they could easily win this IMO.

Whatever happens, Kerr will have to adjust... and i'm glad Cleveland has made the series interesting enough for the fans to be invested in it..
here's to a long and entertaining finals..
cheers-toast-whiskey-two-glasses-clicking-together-over-white-background-splashing-whisky-glasses-cut-glass-45697831.jpg

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
If you don't get out and run a little bit and start creating early offense, you are going to end up relying on the jump shot and shooting a good percentage. That's literally the only way, IMO, for Cleveland to beat GS. If you get out and run, create early offense, play transition basketball then you outpace Cleveland and they can't match up. James can score 40 but it's not going to matter because GS will increase scoring and Cleveland doesn't have anybody else to pick that up. GS is not only not stopping James but they are allowing him to control the boards. If you take him away from the basket, you limit Clevelands ability to get second chance points and you increase your own opportunities by getting the ball out on the fast break and getting easy points. Right now, you are allowing Cleveland to play basketball with an output of around 100 points and giving them a really good chance to win games at 95-100 points scored. If you make them have to score 115-120, that's a much tougher situation for Cleveland. That means that they have to up their own tempo and that is a decided advantage for GS. I think you play Barnes.

You're right GS has to push the pace and create early offense from open looks or mismatches in transition. They're also deeper than the Cavs which should pay dividends late in the game if they can keep pushing the pace. The ball was sticking all night when GS was in their half-court sets, too much dribbling, not enough passing. If the Cavs can continue to keep the pace down, they have a chance.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
You're right GS has to push the pace and create early offense from open looks or mismatches in transition. They're also deeper than the Cavs which should pay dividends late in the game if they can keep pushing the pace. The ball was sticking all night when GS was in their half-court sets, too much dribbling, not enough passing. If the Cavs can continue to keep the pace down, they have a chance.

You push mainly off of missed opponents baskets.... if you're not getting the rebounds, you ain't pushin.......

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You push mainly off of missed opponents baskets.... if you're not getting the rebounds, you ain't pushin.......

Another reason, IMO, why you match up a perimeter player on James. Make him play somebody he has to respect the ability to make the jumper with. Even if it's an 18 footer, make him play honestly away from the basket. If you do that, it becomes much, much tougher for the Cavs to dominate the boards.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

That's not necessarily true, yes it's easier to push off misses, but it keeps the pressure on defenses to push on makes too. A couple of past champions come to mind, the Spurs last year and the 80's Showtime Lakers, both were masters of it. It puts so much pressure on a defense, never giving them a moment to organize, especially against teams with questionable depth. GS had been doing that most of the year, but really didn't do it consistently against the Cavs.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
That's not necessarily true, yes it's easier to push off misses, but it keeps the pressure on defenses to push on makes too. A couple of past champions come to mind, the Spurs last year and the 80's Showtime Lakers, both were masters of it. It puts so much pressure on a defense, never giving them a moment to organize, especially against teams with questionable depth. GS had been doing that most of the year, but really didn't do it consistently against the Cavs.

I didn't say always... I said mainly.... pushing off makes is based on how he defense is playing you, and of course lapses....

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I can't see Cleveland winning game four. Typically when you let a team come back like that, they have a ton of energy in the next game, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Golden State win by 10 points

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
oh man if the Warriors end up losing this series after everything was set up on a silver platter for them...

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
I can't see Cleveland winning game four. Typically when you let a team come back like that, they have a ton of energy in the next game, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Golden State win by 10 points

theres a lot of things people "couldn't see" in this series.... just enjoy the ride....

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
I do agree them coming back could catapult them... but steph needs to put together a full game... and be dagger in the end if its close....
Right now Lebron is doing those things....

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
A fan mentioned to Kobe Bryant on Twitter that LeBron James is taking some very Kobe-esque shots in the Finals. The Mamba's response? "Can't win a shootout with a butter knife #letitfly."