NBA Draft

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mavs: Sitting at 9 you kinda take whomever is left.
Agree on the depth being really really good this year.

My preference of course would be Fox but he's risen to top 5 for sure now.
After Fox, the guy I want most is Dennis Smith Jr.
He's an all-around scorer and lead guard.
Has to lock in on defense and show he can run a complex offense.
But in NBA picknroll sets he will eat.

The French PG may be hands on most likely to be there and I think he will be a solid starter and perhaps better than most as a rookie but not sure he has the All-Pro upside of some of the other guys.
Ntilikina could be a good fit for Minnesota. Has a solid 3 and D floor and can defend 1,2, and 3. A good fallback if Levine doesn't back. I think he could play off the ball there if they keep Rubio. Although im sure at some point they will trade him. Ive heard they may do a staight up swap for Derrick Rose's one good knee. I dont see it though

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Ntilikina could be a good fit for Minnesota. Has a solid 3 and D floor and can defend 1,2, and 3. A good fallback if Levine doesn't back. I think he could play off the ball there if they keep Rubio. Although im sure at some point they will trade him. Ive heard they may do a staight up swap for Derrick Rose's one good knee. I dont see it though
Cuban and Donnie Nelson went to Italy to meet Ntilikina recently so he very well could be the Mavs target.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Cuban and Donnie Nelson went to Italy to meet Ntilikina recently so he very well could be the Mavs target.
Went to France three times though. Germany too.
Just dottin I's.

I wish tney were 2-3 slots higher. But they should still land a good one at 9

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So here is my top 10 Mock

1-Celtics: Fultz

2- Lakers:Ball

3- Kings- Fox ( they trade 5 and 10 the Philadelphia)

4-Suns - Jackson . Good 2 way partner for Booker

5- 76ers- Monk. Good move on there part as they get both value and need. Monk makes them aa better team with his shooting)

6- Magic. Jayson Tatum. Magic are the benefactors of Fox and Monks rise as one of the best players in the draft slides to them

7- Minnesota: Luke Kennard. Rising prospect becomes surprise pick where everone has them going Issacs. Kennard can challenge Monk as the best pure shooter in the class. Fits very well on a team with KAT and Wiggins

8- Knicks: Jonathan Issacs. Knicks benefit from Kennards rise to take a player no one thought would be available.

9- Mavs: Dennis Smith. Mavs get a PG that could be an All Star caliber player. Smith could wind up a better pro then Fox

10- 76ers : Frank Ntilikina. 76ers finally get their "PG". Excellent fit for them because Ntilikina floor, a 3&D guard that can defend the 1,2, and,3 is all the 76ers need out of him.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Fox better be a perennial all star to warrant 2 top 10 picks for him.

Oh ya, all this stuff on Lonzo Ball's 1st Laker workout being out of shape. That was coming from one writer, Mike Medina, for the LA Daily News. The Lakers Mike Trudell, who covers the Lakers as a sideline reporter and has access to the team, said he tthoroughly looked into it, said it was way overblown. Him being out of shape wasn't the case. The Lakers wanted to run him hard to see how he responded.

Last edited:

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
So here is my top 10 Mock

1-Celtics: Fultz

2- Lakers:Ball

3- Kings- Fox ( they trade 5 and 10 the Philadelphia)

4-Suns - Jackson . Good 2 way partner for Booker

5- 76ers- Monk. Good move on there part as they get both value and need. Monk makes them aa better team with his shooting)

6- Magic. Jayson Tatum. Magic are the benefactors of Fox and Monks rise as one of the best players in the draft slides to them

7- Minnesota: Luke Kennard. Rising prospect becomes surprise pick where everone has them going Issacs. Kennard can challenge Monk as the best pure shooter in the class. Fits very well on a team with KAT and Wiggins

8- Knicks: Jonathan Issacs. Knicks benefit from Kennards rise to take a player no one thought would be available.

9- Mavs: Dennis Smith. Mavs get a PG that could be an All Star caliber player. Smith could wind up a better pro then Fox

10- 76ers : Frank Ntilikina. 76ers finally get their "PG". Excellent fit for them because Ntilikina floor, a 3&D guard that can defend the 1,2, and,3 is all the 76ers need out of him.

give me Frank Ntilikina for the Knicks

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
So Boston would rather take Fox or Josh Jackson, 2 players who can't shoot. Unless they want more picks to package for Chicago's Butler.

I don't know Boston's thinking, all I'm saying is if the 76ers view Fultz as a super star, they should trade the picks. Coversley, if Boston thinks he's a superstar, they should stay at #1 and take him. But if Boston doesn't, then why not get more assets. All depends on their eval of him.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I'm a Mavs fan, but for the last 4-5 years, they kinda suck. Hope this draft helps the team

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So Boston would rather take Fox or Josh Jackson, 2 players who can't shoot. Unless they want more picks to package for Chicago's Butler.
There is a belief Jackson will get better as a shooter.

Even then, Jackson with an improved shot still isnt nearly as good as Fultz who could be a Westbrook type or a Wade type depending on how you want to use him. Jackson is a very good 2 way prospect, but I dont see him being the offensive bell cow Fultz would be and that is far more valuable.

IMO you do the trade either of you have some questions about Fultz, or if you get an offer you cant pass up. If not you take Fultz, and Im a Jackson fan