NBA Draft

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So it seems as so the deal is #1 for #3 and the Lakers 2018 IF its between 2-5 and if its not the Celtics get the Kings 2019 1st.

I havent heard of any protections for the Kings.

Celtics could potentially have pics 1 and 2 in next years draft. Or its also possible for them to have a 4 year run of making the playoffs AND having a top 3 pick in the draft

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If that Kings pick is unprotected, then Im a huge Laker fan this year.

I want a crack at and Bagley and Zion in 2019. Bagley is a legit generational talent and Zion may be

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm against trading multiple 1st round picks for Fultz. Particularly in a G rich draft this year. I hope the trade falls through but it really looks like it's a done deal with Fultz making an unscheduled trip to Philly to workout and get a physical yesterday. Reports are he was assured the trade is completed.

I miss Sam Hinkie.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm against trading multiple 1st round picks for Fultz. Particularly in a G rich draft this year. I hope the trade falls through but it really looks like it's a done deal with Fultz making an unscheduled trip to Philly to workout and get a physical yesterday. Reports are he was assured the trade is completed.

I miss Sam Hinkie.
Its a ballsy trade by both sides. Futlz has Westbrook like potential and is clearly the best prospect in the draft. Celtics had a chance at him and are gonna leave the draft with a lesser prospect. Also its hard to win championships without super stars and the 76ers now have 3 potential young superstar players. If this trade works out better for the 76ers the Celtics may have a hard time winning there division let alone a championship.

On the other hand the the 76ers are giving Boston a crack at a true generational prospect in 2019 in Marvin Bagley JR if that pick doesnt convey in 2018.

I dont think this was a bad trade for either team. Personally and as a Celtics fan I think the 76ers are the clear winner. They got the player that should finish out there core and while giving up assets they didnt deplete what they have. They still have some very valuable assets. They get keep the #1 overall next year if the Lakers win the lottery. If the pick conveys the keep the Kings pick. IMO that Kings pick is by far there best asset and they may have made a mistake potentially including it. They should have just given Boston Lakers pick unprotected and kept the Kings pick. Marvin Bagley JR or even Zion Williamson is where this trade could bit them

Reaction score
It is a good trade for both sides but I just will never understand why rivals in the division help each other? Trading with rivals in the division should be banned in all sports in my opinion

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its a ballsy trade by both sides. Futlz has Westbrook like potential and is clearly the best prospect in the draft. Celtics had a chance at him and are gonna leave the draft with a lesser prospect. Also its hard to win championships without super stars and the 76ers now have 3 potential young superstar players. If this trade works out better for the 76ers the Celtics may have a hard time winning there division let alone a championship.

On the other hand the the 76ers are giving Boston a crack at a true generational prospect in 2019 in Marvin Bagley JR if that pick doesnt convey in 2018.

I dont think this was a bad trade for either team. Personally and as a Celtics fan I think the 76ers are the clear winner. They got the player that should finish out there core and while giving up assets they didnt deplete what they have. They still have some very valuable assets. They get keep the #1 overall next year if the Lakers win the lottery. If the pick conveys the keep the Kings pick. IMO that Kings pick is by far there best asset and they may have made a mistake potentially including it. They should have just given Boston Lakers pick unprotected and kept the Kings pick. Marvin Bagley JR or even Zion Williamson is where this trade could bit them

The initial report I saw said it was both future 1st round picks. Now it's either one depending on the Lakers next year. The trade is supposed to be finalized tomorrow so we'll see what exactly it is.

Even still, you're the first person I've seen compare Fultz to Westbrook. He'd need to be for me to want to trade what I believe will end up being two top 5 picks. The Sixers aren't competing for anything for awhile yet. I don't get why they need to do this unless they believe Fultz is a rare prospect and nobody I'm reading seems to think he is.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is a good trade for both sides but I just will never understand why rivals in the division help each other? Trading with rivals in the division should be banned in all sports in my opinion

Simple. Both teams believe the trade helps them. Not doing it would be hurting their own team, in their view.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
The initial report I saw said it was both future 1st round picks. Now it's either one depending on the Lakers next year. The trade is supposed to be finalized tomorrow so we'll see what exactly it is.

Even still, you're the first person I've seen compare Fultz to Westbrook. He'd need to be for me to want to trade what I believe will end up being two top 5 picks. The Sixers aren't competing for anything for awhile yet. I don't get why they need to do this unless they believe Fultz is a rare prospect and nobody I'm reading seems to think he is.

I think *if* Joel Embid and Ben Simmons are healthy, you can add a few veteran pieces to that team and they can compete for a playoff spot. Maybe you over pay for an Andre Igudala to come back to Philly so he can teach these you guys what's needed to win. A core of Embid, Simmons and Fultz...even though they have played a combined 31 games, is really good.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Ive seen him comapred to Westbrook, to Wade, and to Harden. Offensively he works very well with a core of Simmons and Embiid. He can play on the ball or off it which makes him a good fit for a point forward like Simmons and can stretch defenses out for Embiid. That core still has alot of questions like wheather Embiid can stay healthy and wheater or not Fultz and Simmons are winners.

If they gave two likely lotto picks, then its an awful trade from the 76ers perspective. If it's just one, it only really bites them if the Celtics get #1 or even 2 ( depending on how good a prospect Zion Williamson is) in 2019.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think *if* Joel Embid and Ben Simmons are healthy, you can add a few veteran pieces to that team and they can compete for a playoff spot. Maybe you over pay for an Andre Igudala to come back to Philly so he can teach these you guys what's needed to win. A core of Embid, Simmons and Fultz...even though they have played a combined 31 games, is really good.
In the East I think a healthy 76er team could be better then the Bulls were this year. I think they could be in the running for one of the lower seeds

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
IMHO Philly made the right move here.
At some point adding high draft picks is useless. You only have a handful of spots to fill and these guys step on each other.
Philly has to flip the switch and try to actually win before we know anything.
That means adding legit veterans to go with top of draft kids, not playing 2nd round picks they know aren't NBA guys long term.

BOS may also have made the right deal. If they will keep IT and pair him with a much larger Marcus Smart they could have a set back court for years.
Fultz may well be a stud but it also might be 3 years from now. BOS has a top 10/top 5 team and can't forcefeed growth minutes to prospects.
But you know GSW and CLE probably have next couple years locked down so you gotta aim for maturing into being that power to be in 2-3 seasons.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Explanation of the protections for the pick the 76ers are giving Boston:

The future first-round pick that Boston will receive will be the Los Angeles Lakers’ first-round pick in the 2018 NBA Draft, provided that such pick is No. 2, No. 3, No. 4, or No. 5 in the 2018 NBA Draft. If the Lakers’ 2018 first-round pick is No. 1 or is No. 6 or later, the Sixers will instead convey to the Celtics the rights to the more favorable of the Sixers’ own 2019 first-round pick or the Sacramento Kings’ 2019 first-round pick, provided that the more favorable pick is not the No. 1 pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. If the more favorable of the Sixers’ and Kings’ 2019 first-round picks is the No. 1 pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Sixers will instead convey the rights to the less favorable of those two picks.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Key here is 76ers protected its chance at landing Bagley in 2019.

If the pick doesnt convey in 2018 and the Kings pick wins the lottery, the trade could look bad for Boston. Utlimate best case scenario for Boston is getting the #2 and Zion Williamson, who is below Bagley but still a potential generational player and probably a better prospect then anyone in 2018 (which is still a strong draft)

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd be more excited for the Sixers if Joel Embiid didn't make Sean Lee look like Cal Ripken.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'd be more excited for the Sixers if Joel Embiid didn't make Sean Lee look like Cal Ripken.
To me that the biggest question in the franchise. Skill wise outside of Davis, KAT and maybe the Greek Freak he may be the best young player in the NBA. But how long can he stay in a lineup

Last edited:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Id give them #3 and the Lakers/Kings pick or Jaylen Brown.

Dont think that will be enough, but Im not giving up 3 high lotto quality assets for anyone south of Anthony Davis