NBA Draft

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'd be done with the Knicks if they did that. I've put up with a lot, but that will be the straw that breaks me.
I really dont know what to expect from them anymore. Jackson is no different from Isaiah. Great at one thing, but not a personel guy

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Also rumor is that the Pacers and Lakers are talking a George trade.

Also alot of talk of Butler to Cleveland with Love going to Phoenix

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Not happenin, I'll say it now. No need to do trade when he's coming after next season. He grew up Laker fan in Los Angeles. Wants to be a Laker. Will be one in 2018-19.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Celtics one of the teams that has contacted NY about Porzingis.

Personally Im not a fan of giving up muliple lottery picks/assets for 1 player, but Porzingis with his game and the Celtics, is a player I would.

However, I stick to what I said before. I would give 3 lottery level assets ( Jaylen Brown included)for him

Ive also heard they may want teams to take Noah salary on. Which could make it a no go for the Celtics who want to pursue Hayward.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I really dont know what to expect from them anymore. Jackson is no different from Isaiah. Great at one thing, but not a personel guy

Not remotely the same. Isaiah set us back, giving up assets and taking on salary. The team has not progressed with Phil, but it's not the same.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Interesting to see names of young, top-tier players like Butler and Porzingis thrown around in trade talks. I can't help but wonder if the prospect of a young super-team in the West (GSW) and the potential of one or two in the East (CLE/BOS) is forcing other GM's around the league to adjust their timelines as to when they'll be able to compete.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lakers trade Russell for Lopez Mazgov and 27th pick. Great value for the Nets, and the Lakers shed a ton pf cap room for 2018

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Lakers trade Russell for Lopez Mazgov and 27th pick. Great value for the Nets, and the Lakers shed a ton pf cap room for 2018

This is cap space for Lebron James after next season. I have read is wife is all out set to live in Los Angeles.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd be done with the Knicks if they did that. I've put up with a lot, but that will be the straw that breaks me.

That means you're not a real fan. I had to watch a lunatic owner I hate with the heat of seven suns destroy a dynasty and run my football team into the dirt for two decades to appease his own ego. I'm still here.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Not happenin. Unless Magic wants to trade away all our young players and be left with Ingram/Ball and no one else to surround George and possibly James, who will be 34, (if he comes at all). Good luck beating a stacked GS team with that.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
That means you're not a real fan. I had to watch a lunatic owner I hate with the heat of seven suns destroy a dynasty and run my football team into the dirt for two decades to appease his own ego. I'm still here.

Then im not. I only casually follow basketball, and only watched a small handful of games this year, because there is literally no competitive balance, so saying I'm not a real knicks fan doesn't bother me.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
I hear sports talk guys raggin' on people who don't like the idea of a super team. I think they're overlooking the fact that the NBA is asking its fans to pay a lot of money to attend games, eat the food, park their car, etc. If your team has no chance of winning, how many times do you want to ante up for this type of "entertainment"?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not happenin. Unless Magic wants to trade away all our young players and be left with Ingram/Ball and no one else to surround George and possibly James, who will be 34, (if he comes at all). Good luck beating a stacked GS team with that.
I think these stars value with the exception of Porzingis is lower then people imagine. The Bulls reportedly got turned down twice trying to get the third pick straight up up for Butler. Once by the 76ers and once by the Celtics.

If I was the Lakers I wouldnt give up more then there late first rounders for George. You aren't getting lottery picks for a guy who already said he is opting out. You're not giving up lottery for a guy you know is just gonna sign with you.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I hear sports talk guys raggin' on people who don't like the idea of a super team. I think they're overlooking the fact that the NBA is asking its fans to pay a lot of money to attend games, eat the food, park their car, etc. If your team has no chance of winning, how many times do you want to ante up for this type of "entertainment"?
Super teams have been going in for a while now. The Lakers and Celtics of the 80's were super teams. It was much easier to build through the draft in those days with players even elite ones usually playing 3 years. 2 minimum. Free Agency and Prep to Pro changed alot and it took teams a while to figure it out again

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Super teams have been going in for a while now. The Lakers and Celtics of the 80's were super teams. It was much easier to build through the draft in those days with players even elite ones usually playing 3 years. 2 minimum. Free Agency and Prep to Pro changed alot and it took teams a while to figure it out again
This isn't the 1980s, lol.
If they wanna charge 80's prices for the product they can have 80's level balance.
You think TV is smiling on the NBA having nothing but the Finals to look forward to for great ratings?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This isn't the 1980s, lol.
If they wanna charge 80's prices for the product they can have 80's level balance.
You think TV is smiling on the NBA having nothing but the Finals to look forward to for great ratings?
I think with Super max's you will see true elite players leaving less and less. That's alot of money you're leaving on the table to jump ship.