NBA Offseason

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
That's sad. They're just hurting his future by making him look like a big baby. Both of my Brothers and my dad live in or near San Antonio and are Spurs fans.

I've been semi-retired from the NBA after my Mavs finally won the title but I still follow both teams.

Kawhi needs to do his own thing or it's going to hurt him in the long run.
I feel for him. I don't know what to make of him, because he gives no one a chance to make anything of him and his silence, right now, is deafening.
Been hearing a ton from the Uncle though...
Gross stuff that's hurting all parties.
Never seen anything like it.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
I feel for him. I don't know what to make of him, because he gives no one a chance to make anything of him and his silence, right now, is deafening.

They never never mentioned the Uncle on the radio so thank you for the info.
They just made it sound like Kawhi was a huge baby that nobody is going to spend much money on.
It has been strange to say the least throughout this whole thing with Kawhi and the Spurs.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It really sucks when athletes let people close to them negatively impact there career. Kawhi may have two empty years in career due to all this.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Aw... my bad friend! I always liked the Mavericks, even when Dirk eliminated my Spurs after that dang Manu foul for 3 free throws...
Love Dirk.

Gregg Popovich terrifies me. By far the best coach in the NBA.
And you have to love Dirk. Doesn't make waves and just does his thing for less money to help the team.

Tim Duncan
Kobe
Dirk

3 guys who stayed through thick and thin. A dying breed in today's NBA. Much respect to all of them.

Corso

Reaction score
Gregg Popovich terrifies me. By far the best coach in the NBA.
And you have to love Dirk. Doesn't make waves and just does his thing for less money to help the team.

Tim Duncan
Kobe
Dirk

3 guys who stayed through thick and thin. A dying breed in today's NBA. Much respect to all of them.
Carlisle is a great, great coach. Top 3, to me. But yeah, on how players deal with their legacies and how territorial loyalties have fallen by the wayside.
Ah well... I'm glad I don't take these things as serious as I used to anymore.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Carlisle is a great, great coach. Top 3, to me. But yeah, on how players deal with their legacies and how territorial loyalties have fallen by the wayside.

I'm the same way, Brother. As I get older I don't take it too serious. There used to be a time when one of my teams lost, it would raise my blood pressure, ruin my day and I'd end up with holes in my wall from hitting them. That costs too much now and I'm getting too old for it.

I'll leave broken TVs, broken remotes and holes in the wall for the next generation of fans. I paid my dues. :D

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
What’s so great about RC? I keep hearing he’s a top 3 coach in the league and the mavs have been pretty bad since 2011.

I’m an admitted casual mavs fan and I’ve been totally disconnected since the 2006 and 2011 seasons just FYI.

COY once
NBA champion as a coach once

In a (sports) world where results are demanded immediately how is RC considered such a great coach with 1 championship?

I’m not calling for RC’s job more like a ELI5.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
What’s so great about RC? I keep hearing he’s a top 3 coach in the league and the mavs have been pretty bad since 2011.

I’m an admitted casual mavs fan and I’ve been totally disconnected since the 2006 and 2011 seasons just FYI.

COY once

In a (sports) world where results are demanded immediately how is RC considered such a great coach with 1 championship?

RC is top 3. He get's the most out of his players and makes the most of what he has to work with. Recently there hasn't been much to work with.
Cuban wanted the team to tank last year and even made it public. I can't put that on RC. He's a great coach.

Corso

Reaction score

COY once

The Mavs haven't had a lot of talent since '11. The NBA is an extremely talent-reliant sport, but some coaches really do make a difference.
Carlisle is a guy that will scheme and put guys into positions for success. That's a lot more than most other coaches. Him, Pop and Stevens are great at maximizing what talent they have, but you can't expect miracles.
Also, the Mavs have been on mandated tanking for the past couple of years, which tarnishes his image, but he's a good soldier.

Edit - I really like Miami's coach too. He's good. I think the Fizdale hire at NYC is so...
Well his wife is very gorgeous.

Last edited:

Corso

Reaction score
RC is top 3. He get's the most out of his players and makes the most of what he has to work with. Recently there hasn't been much to work with.
Cuban wanted the team to tank last year and even made it public. I can't put that on RC. He's a great coach.
I should have read this post... almost the same point. I'm now reduced to being redundant...

#sadface

Corso

Reaction score
No #sadface, Brother. You Went into more details than me. I try to cram everything into a few sentences. :)
Good to see validation, no matter. We see the same thing. Carlisle is a really, really good basketball coach.
When Pop retires, I would LOVE to poach Carlisle. No disrespect intended, of course.
He's a coach that creates a long-term culture, like my main man. I shed tears when Timmy left.
I have a heavy heart that Tony is gone. Manu...
Manu Manu Manu.

One more year baby. one more year, you magnificent B.

When Pop goes? It's all over for my small-town backwater basketball team.

The End is nigh.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I should have read this post... almost the same point. I'm now reduced to being redundant...

#sadface
No #sadface, Brother. You Went into more details than me. I try to cram everything into a few sentences. :)
Didnt take the time to read the whole so my apologies if Im being redundant myself, but....

You cant just use record and even titles to measure a coach. Carlisle is a good a coach as any to develop 19-20 year olds into winning players. You cant expect him to make the playoffs in a stacked WC relying on 19 (or 20) year old rookie PG. You judge him based on where they are when DSJ and Doncic hit their primes

Corso

Reaction score
Didnt take the time to read the whole so my apologies if Im being redundant myself, but....

You cant just use record and even titles to measure a coach. Carlisle is a good a coach as any to develop 19-20 year olds into winning players. You cant expect him to make the playoffs in a stacked WC relying on 19 (or 20) year old rookie PG. You judge him based on where they are when DSJ and Doncic hit their primes
I'm a Spurs fan and I'm excited to see how Carlisle deploys Doncic.
I haven't paid enough attention: does he play rooks?

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Someone vandalized Lebron James new mural in LA. Not a easy road playing for the Lakers. I hope Lebron James fans can adjust.