NBA Offseason

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Its a possibility but I don't think he will walk or even hit the open market. I think he opts out and extends next offseason before FA starts. Money wise its his best. The Knicks are a legit threat to steal him. And honestly I think with development from Nkilakina and Knox, along with dominance from Porzingis they would vault to #2 in the East.

As far wanting him to stay or go. I absolutely dont want to lose. We have a nice PG behind him in Rozier, but the difference between Irving and Rozier was the difference between losing in the ECF to a weak Cavs team VS being legit contenders. Irving may be only behind Curry in terms of the most skilled scoring PG's in the game. And while he has never been a great facilitator, our puts facilitation on 5 players ( much like GS) and that makes up for it.
Migosh, bro, no offense to your fandom, but Irving and Porzingis would be dynamite. haven't heard that rumor. Interesting, Darth

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Either team, I'll be happy. Dude's an anchor that has to be dragged towards winning.
Sad truth. He's a guy who gives just enough effort to be an all star, but isn't self-sacrificial.

if he goes to the Lake, i hope Magic ***** slaps him into the right direction and mind set. he should be legacy-chasing, now, not contract/sponsor whoring

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Migosh, bro, no offense to your fandom, but Irving and Porzingis would be dynamite. haven't heard that rumor. Interesting, Darth
I've heard Kyrie and Jimmy Butler have been wanting to team up for a bit and the Knicks being their preferred destination.
T'would be nice to see the Knicks rise above Joke Level. They were always my second team.

Corso

Reaction score
Frustrating thing with him is he still has skills a winning team covets, but he still thinks he is a superstar. If he could accept a lesser, he could be a big boost to a good team
You know what? We're going to see how much Lebron wants his banana boat buddy on his new team very quickly now.
The guy is simply not a winner.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I've heard Kyrie and Jimmy Butler have been wanting to team up for a bit and the Knicks being their preferred destination.
T'would be nice to see the Knicks rise above Joke Level. They were always my second team.
Basketball being relevant in NY is a good thing for the NBA and would definitely get me even more interested. Same as Los Angeles. Well, not the same ;) but kinda :)

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Irving is from NY, and the thought is NY could be a serious threat to steal Kyrie.

That team would be very good. Kyrie and Porzingis alone makes them a playoff. They have some good young prospects, I think what tier that team would fall in depends on how they develop. Nkilakina didnt blow people away statically, but he has some real fans amoungst the NBA's best minds ( Pop being one) and he has projected skill set winning teams want

Corso

Reaction score
Basketball being relevant in NY is a good thing for the NBA and would definitely get me even more interested. Same as Los Angeles. Well, not the same ;) but kinda :)
L.A. ... I'm biased against them, but Coach Pop said it best: "It's always a great thing when the largest markets get to be competitive.".

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think with or without Kyrie, the Knicks will be good. They don't look it right now, but they have a very interesting young core. Im a bigger fan of the Knox then some. I think he could be a dynamic 3 level scorer in time

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
So is it true that Kawhi Leonard Actually hid from the Spurs when they checked up on him during his rehab this past season in New York? They were talking about it on sports radio when I was coming home from work

If so, he didn't do himself any favors because somebody leaked it.

Not sure if this has been posted or discussed yet.

http://www.businessinsider.com/kawhi-leonard-spurs-hiding-2018-7

Corso

Reaction score
So is it true that Kawhi Leonard Actually hid from the Spurs when checked up on him during his rehab this past season? They were talking about on sports radio when I was coming home from work

If so, he didn't do himself any favors because somebody leaked it.

Not sure if this has been posted or discussed yet.

http://www.businessinsider.com/kawhi-leonard-spurs-hiding-2018-7
Kawhi is unconditionally listening to his Uncle.
It happened. It's been confirmed by multiple peeps and every one of them say that that's the tame part of it.
Things have been even more cray, having to deal with Lavar Uncle.

Look up what happened during the year before's All Star Game and how his uncle handled it.
This kid is getting driven into the ground by his own family.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Irving is from NY, and the thought is NY could be a serious threat to steal Kyrie.

That team would be very good. Kyrie and Porzingis alone makes them a playoff
. They have some good young prospects, I think what tier that team would fall in depends on how they develop. Nkilakina didnt blow people away statically, but he has some real fans amoungst the NBA's best minds ( Pop being one) and he has projected skill set winning teams want

:hammer:

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Kawhi is unconditionally listening to his Uncle.
It happened. It's been confirmed by multiple peeps and every one of them say that that's the tame part of it.
Things have been even more cray, having to deal with Lavar Uncle.

Look up what happened during the year before's All Star Game and how his uncle handled it.
This kid is getting driven into the ground by his own family.

That's sad. They're just hurting his future by making him look like a big baby. Both of my Brothers and my dad live in or near San Antonio and are Spurs fans.

I've been semi-retired from the NBA after my Mavs finally won the title but I still follow both teams.

Kawhi needs to do his own thing or it's going to hurt him in the long run.