NBA Offseason

lukin2006

Reaction score
65809347_10157376801681055_1431683883052564480_n.jpg

You cannot even pay this guy to stay in Philly...he realized how awful the fans are.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
It’s the new economics of the NBA.

20M gets you a starter
15M gets you a good bench player
10M gets you either youth that hasn’t hit their stride yet or veteran players with major holes, declining production, etc.

I mean, Rozier almost got 20M a season for example.... Harrison’s contract is in line.

Middleton, Harris, and Rozier made out like bandits.

Heard on NBAtv that something in the order of $2.3B of contracts were agreed to in the past 18+ hours.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Heard on NBAtv that something in the order of $2.3B of contracts were agreed to in the past 18+ hours.
Deep class. Lost some luster at the top with Durants injury and the decreaseing likelyhood Thompson would go anywhere. But it remained a very deep class

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Well...for what it's worth....I hope it isn't true...and a abig mistake on his part:banghead:

A $10,000 bet just came in on the Lakers at 7/4 to win the NBA Championship at the Westgate Las Vegas Superbook. The last time that happened Anthony Davis’ trade to the Lakers was reported 30 minutes later.

phildadon86

Reaction score
As a fan of the NBA I really want to see Kawhi return so Toronto can defend their title. What fun is an NBA season of the past champion isnt able to defend there title

I also think Toronto deserves some real relevancy
Appreciate that. Apparently a lot of Americans dont feel that way. That's why all of this laker prediction stuff. Stephen A fully said it yesterday that he doesnt want Kawhi in Canads and the trophy should be in the states. Hes a loser and anyone with that mentality is as well.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Appreciate that. Apparently a lot of Americans dont feel that way. That's why all of this laker prediction stuff. Stephen A fully said it yesterday that he doesnt want Kawhi in Canads and the trophy should be in the states. Hes a loser and anyone with that mentality is as well.
Ya that's just ridiculous. And Toronto isnt the small market it seems like its made out to be with a metro pop of almost 6 million people. A city that size shouldn't be a backwater no matter what country its it

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Well...for what it's worth....I hope it isn't true...and a abig mistake on his part:banghead:

A $10,000 bet just came in on the Lakers at 7/4 to win the NBA Championship at the Westgate Las Vegas Superbook. The last time that happened Anthony Davis’ trade to the Lakers was reported 30 minutes later.

Ain’t happening.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Ya that's just ridiculous. And Toronto isnt the small market it seems like its made out to be with a metro pop of almost 6 million people. A city that size shouldn't be a backwater no matter what country its it
SAS is everything that’s wrong with national sports media.

phildadon86

Reaction score
SAS is everything that’s wrong with national sports media.
Yes. He is. The problem is people eat up his bull like its fresh pancakes. Many Americans and American media want kawhi out of Toronto. There was a lot of unhappy people that Canada won the nba championship. Which is funny. Considering the freaking sport was invented here. I'm so sick of it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yes. He is. The problem is people eat up his bull like its fresh pancakes. Many Americans and American media want kawhi out of Toronto. There was a lot of unhappy people that Canada won the nba championship. Which is funny. Considering the freaking sport was invented here. I'm so sick of it.
I think the only Americans that want The Claw out of Toronto are fans of the teams he’s rumored to go to. Now idiots like SAS are a different story.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I think the only Americans that want The Claw out of Toronto are fans of the teams he’s rumored to go to. Now idiots like SAS are a different story.
How can he actually get away with saying he doesnt want the trophy in Canada on live TV? Is there no responsible journalists anymore? He should be fined for spewing that kind of garbage in my opinion

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
How can he actually get away with saying he doesnt want the trophy in Canada on live TV? Is there no responsible journalists anymore? He should be fined for spewing that kind of garbage in my opinion
Fired if you ask me.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

Yea, I think a ton of Lakers and Clippers fans want to see him leave, but most others would prefer he stay, because most fans don’t like super teams (unless it’s their team)

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Dont know why people are clowning Sac for that Barnes contract. Thats not a terrible deal. Maybe overpaid slightly, but they are young and cheap so that deal is in no way shape or form a killer. Barnes offers great utility and experience to one of NBA's most talented and fun young cores. Personally I would take Sac's young core over Pheonix
HB is such a good dude but he is a 3rd option on offense. As a top or even second option you simply aren't making the playoffs.
SAC was right place for him but that is about 5M per year too much. No other team was touching that salary.
All that said, thus is life in the NBA.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Ill say this, I don't want to see them in the playoffs this year. Even with Kanter, our bigs are still very green. We will probably see alot of Robert and Grant Williams and Yabusele this year. It could be a good thing in the long run, but Bigs could be our doom this year.

I think we can still bring Theis back, which would help
BOS will be more than fine and likely far better than last year.
Brad can actually coach the group he has now and once dust settles BOS can grab a guy or two in trades once FA stuff is over.
If Kawhi goes West, the East is WIDE open.

Kemba is overpaid but it is literally a perfect fit. Really could not have pivoted better from Kyrie to a guy that is hungry to win and doesn't need the ball every possession.

Horford is a great dude but that age is an issue and losing him was prolly better than watching him wane over the next 4 years. 6'10" bigs that lose athleticism are going to struggle.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
It’s the new economics of the NBA.

20M gets you a starter
15M gets you a good bench player
10M gets you either youth that hasn’t hit their stride yet or veteran players with major holes, declining production, etc.

I mean, Rozier almost got 20M a season for example.... Harrison’s contract is in line.

Middleton, Harris, and Rozier made out like bandits.
ehhh... not sure I love the example.
Rozier is going to be the lead guard in CHA. Primary ball handler.
He may fail totally but his role will be quite large.
HB is a wing that has no negative or plus traits. He's essentially 100% average.
Guys with his skillset will go for the large MLE.
You gotta beat that to keep him of course but 15M a year would have been my max for him.
Like NFL, NBA FA leads to overpaying and almost as soon as these guys sign the contract the larger deals become a negative for the team.
To trade HB later this year you'd need to add a pick to move him or find a playoff team desperate for a wing but a similarly bad but maybe shorter contract.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Yea, I think a ton of Lakers and Clippers fans want to see him leave, but most others would prefer he stay, because most fans don’t like super teams (unless it’s their team)
of course.
the issue is no one really wants to be stuck with meaningless basketball all year to just get the champ we all knew was coming.
klay and kd getting hurt last year prevented the inevitable 3 peat for the GSW.
one FA decision making a 3 year trophy inevitable really isn't good for the sport.
you'd like to at least see 6 and 7 game playoff series not what GSW did to people for a couple years there.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Yeah, and how many NBA players are from foreign countries? It's a globally followed sport, having one team from Canada is no big deal...