NBA Offseason

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
OKC....please don't take Porter Jr....He's been the guy everybody has penciled in for them. Just don't see the fit.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would seriously LOL....:laugh:

Don't think he's their type of player....Never shed that BYU vibe
If it wasn't for hos issues he would be anyone's type of player. He has that unicorn skill set. Soft, injury prone and a bad attitude sink everything though

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think RJ Barrett is going to be a stud

For transformative players, I considered it a 3 team draft

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Bla bla bla.....but can he shoot? OKC needs guys that can shoot. They are in a win now mode.

How many more guys are they going to try and "develope"?

uvaballa

Reaction score
What the hell is wrong with the Atlanta Hawks? They move up to #4 to draft a guy not projected in the top 10 and pass on garland. This reminds of the year they passed on chris paul to draft a guy nobody was taking in the top 10.
Did you watch any pre drafts shows? Hunter was a top 7 pick in every mock draft I saw. He proved to be better than Culver in their head to head matchup. Straight dominated that clown. Was also considered the best defensive player in the draft by most.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
What the hell is wrong with the Atlanta Hawks? They move up to #4 to draft a guy not projected in the top 10 and pass on garland. This reminds of the year they passed on chris paul to draft a guy nobody was taking in the top 10.

Lol, what?

Show me a mock draft that didn’t have him top 10.

uvaballa

Reaction score
I disagree. Hunter is going to be an excellent pick.

Reddish is very feast or famine.... and likely to be famine.
Already getting Kawhi comparison. Ceiling probably not that high but should be excellent two way player.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To have all those assets...and are gonna piss them away....I'm shocked they didn't trade for a vet.:popcorn:

They made a bad trade last year too with the Mavs. They drafted Luka Doncic and traded him for trae young........... morons

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I disagree. Hunter is going to be an excellent pick.

Reddish is very feast or famine.... and likely to be famine.

They overvalued him. They could have drafted Garland at 4 and Hunter would have been there at 10. He's a defensive , garbage bucket kind of player. Atlanta hasn't had an all-star caliber point guard since Spud Webb..........and they wonder why they go generations between competing for NBA titles.

Last edited:

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
OMG...:omg:

Talk about the NBA crapshoot....

Jaxson Hayes wasn’t starting on his high school team TWO YEARS AGO, and now he’s a top 10 pick
He's a role player. A clean up guy. Someone to block shots, grab rebounds, and quick put backs. But yes it was a head scratching pick.

uvaballa

Reaction score
They overvalued him. They could have drafted Garland at 4 and Hunter would have been there at 10. He's a defensive , garbage bucket kind of player. Atlanta hasn't had an all-star caliber point guard since Spud Webb..........and they wonder why they go generations between competing for NBA titles.
You better stick to football cause you obviously don’t watch basketball. The best player on a national Championship team that scored his career high against another top 10 pick in the NC is not a garbage bucket player. Career 42% 3 point shooter and 50% from the field playing in the best conference.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Well...after doing some digging on the Darius Bazley pick...It sure fits the M.O. of Sam Presti. Search for gold w/ a scratch lotto ticket. Boom or bust type pick. He is intriging though...After watching him play....I couldn't help feel like I was watching a poor man left handed Kevin Durant. He sure is built like KD....long...skinny...decent athletic ability. I still question though...can he shoot consistantly? Considering where OKC was picking in the draft...No one willing to trade w/ them...no cap space...this was probably about as good a move that they could make. Maybe they hit on this kid...who knows. Sounds like he's has a lot of people giving him advice...hence...all the indecisions...change in path. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Pretty sure Mavs are getting Kemba Walker.
I'm not 100% sure how to feel about that tbh.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score

No....

First, you said mock drafts didn’t have him top 10. Now, you are moving the goalposts.

And Hunter wouldn’t have lasted to 10. At worst, he fell to 7. Chicago was very high on him. But no one believed he would fall to 7.

Except you, apparently.

Edit: Based on your description of Hunter, I wonder if you’ve actually watched him play.

Also.... they drafted their PG last year...