NBA Offseason

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Kemba is 90% of Kyrie without the flat earth theories or demanding to guard Giannis (***???).

Think Kemba is either BOS or DAL and really no idea which way he leans tbh.
Think CHA will be amenable to s&t when he does choose that lets them get younger and doesn't send them much salary. --DAL shipping them Brunson, Hardaway Jr(they'd stretch waive him), a 2nd or two and 5m cash has been bandied about by Mavs fans.

D'angelo is still a very limited dude. He is not good around the rim and scored essentially all his points out of PnR which can limit the overall offense.
He is a shooter tho and has a really nice mid range game. Efficiency-wise however Nets were equal with or without him on the floor in points per possession.

All that said if Kyrie chooses BK, Kemba choose DAL and Russell is out there to be stolen for 5-7M less than those two, he might be the best value get of them all.
Im curious to see how Kyrie fares in Brooklyn if they cant land another star. While I think that organization has done an exceptional job weathering that trade and finding good value, they are still limited talent wise.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Rockets really wanna be first team to have an actual on court teammate murder.
Do they just hate Harden? Why do they wanna surroufd him with the most sullen, moody dudes in the universe?

A Harden/Butler dynamic would be fun to watch off the court lol

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Kemba is 90% of Kyrie without the flat earth theories or demanding to guard Giannis (***???).

Think Kemba is either BOS or DAL and really no idea which way he leans tbh.
Think CHA will be amenable to s&t when he does choose that lets them get younger and doesn't send them much salary. --DAL shipping them Brunson, Hardaway Jr(they'd stretch waive him), a 2nd or two and 5m cash has been bandied about by Mavs fans.

D'angelo is still a very limited dude. He is not good around the rim and scored essentially all his points out of PnR which can limit the overall offense.
He is a shooter tho and has a really nice mid range game. Efficiency-wise however Nets were equal with or without him on the floor in points per possession.

All that said if Kyrie chooses BK, Kemba choose DAL and Russell is out there to be stolen for 5-7M less than those two, he might be the best value get of them all.
I think in a s&t we would probably send out Robert Williams, Yabusele and if they agree on a trade to take place later possibly Langford

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Woj is pretty confident in this

I agree with your Kemba assessment earlier that he is basically 90% of Kyrie. The hope would be that Kemba would be closer to the 2017/18 that bought into Stevens system and can elevate the team like Kyrie did that year.

This is a step right direction. This doesnt make contenders. However what it does is puts in a position to we can expect to be a mid/high seed in the East and be reasonably competitive VS. the Bucks and Raptors while trying to evolve the younger player in that kind of atmosphere

They are also trying to get in on the 76ers/Rockets trade with an eye on Capella. Dont know if I would that route. Harden and Paul have job hiding how limited he is offensively. I would rather just develop Williams, and sign some bigs with the MLE and vet min

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think Rozier could be a good option for Dallas now. Not an All Star caliber player, but strong defender, play on or off the ball. Shot off the catch or bounce. I think he would good fit with Luka. He has been a bit ball dominant as a #6, but much less so when he was the starting PG. If he is the same player as the 2018 stretch run, that would be a solid fit

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I think Rozier could be a good option for Dallas now. Not an All Star caliber player, but strong defender, play on or off the ball. Shot off the catch or bounce. I think he would good fit with Luka. He has been a bit ball dominant as a #6, but much less so when he was the starting PG. If he is the same player as the 2018 stretch run, that would be a solid fit
I am hoping DAL gets Beverly.
Good fit with Luka who can do all the dirty work and doesn't need the ball to effect games.
But Rozier is another quality option.

This is a very very deep FA class.
Teams that win next year likely use it smartly to build teams.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am hoping DAL gets Beverly.
Good fit with Luka who can do all the dirty work and doesn't need the ball to effect games.
But Rozier is another quality option.

This is a very very deep FA class.
Teams that win next year likely use it smartly to build teams.
Beverly may even defend the 1 better than Smart

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Smart has been my guy forever. Dallas/Lancaster kid who moved to Flower Mound and has been in my local high school gym balling plenty.
They are similar players. Skilled defenders, pesty as all hell. To my eye, Bev seems the better defender of the 1, where as Smart is a bigger longer dude and defend 1-3 at a high level

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
They are similar players. Skilled defenders, pesty as all hell. To my eye, Bev seems the better defender of the 1, where as Smart is a bigger longer dude and defend 1-3 at a high level
yea they are old school man up and compete dudes.
bev has been a bit quicker and smart is def a bit stronger.
big diff now is age. smart is like 5 years younger.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
yea they are old school man up and compete dudes.
bev has been a bit quicker and smart is def a bit stronger.
big diff now is age. smart is like 5 years younger.
I wouldn't mind the age with Bev. I think his game will age well. Luka is very young and there are alot of Bev's qualities that you want rubbing off on him

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Looks like AD waved $4m trade kicker and the Lakers sent Wagner and two others packing. Lakers have $32m now to sign a 3rd max.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Mavericks fans are like a dork who walks into the bar at 9, sees all the pretty girls standing around and thinks he's going home with one. Unless they start money-whipping somebody they'll be going home with the fat chick at closing time.

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Looks like AD waved $4m trade kicker and the Lakers sent Wagner and two others packing. Lakers have $32m now to sign a 3rd max.
Then they’ll have 3 max players and then a D-League bench.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Mavericks fans are like a dork who walks into the bar at 9, sees all the pretty girls standing around and thinks he's going home with one. Unless they start money-whipping somebody they'll be going home with the fat chick at closing time.
Mavs have the reigning ROY and a second superstar in KP.
They are playing with house money at this point.
Kawhi is the only superstar in this class that isn't expected to miss a year with injuries.
DAL was never in on him and knew that that.
The Mavs correctly identified the best player they could likely get in Kemba.
BOS lost a superstar and had their 2nd best player opt out leaving them a better option as a ready made playoff team in need of a star guard.

Not sure Kemba is a better option than whatever they end up with anyway.
See my note above, even when DAL was the favorites I wrote " Not sure how to feel about that".

Spurs fans have my sympathy. You traded off the best player in the league for oodles of noodles after seeing the big 3 die out. You appear to have no right now and no future. Pop is on his least legs and he's really been the only thing keeping that team from moving or folding.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Then they’ll have 3 max players and then a D-League bench.
If LAL is smart they will try for Kawhi and either walk out of the meeting with a yes or will immediately pivot to getting 3-4 guys around AD's age for that cash.
Kawhi is good enough to give all your cap cash to, no one else would be worth a max as a 3rd star that left no money for players around them.
3rd option guys are going to immediately be overpaid if they get 30M.

A lot of good players are going to end up taking 3-4M and trying to get to next year's very weak FA class.

Rumor is KD and Kawhi are set to go to LAC but rumors are just rumors and I still favor TOR on a 2 year deal with a player option after 1.
Kawhi could follow LBJs footsteps and play out championship window in TOR then bolt to LA for early retirement.
Clips could get KD, Kawhi could return to TOR then a year join a healthy KD in LAC.
Clips would be fine waiting a year on that plan.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Leonard with the Lakers? Does he hate drama? James is a one-man drama show...