NBA Playoffs 2023

ESisback

Reaction score
Yeah, let’s be honest, you’re literally pulling this out of thin air based on what you collectively think their doing. Unless of course you have some sort of proof.
It’s called common sense! Compare how much they talk about Jokic to how much they talk about Lebron. Think about other great white players—there’s always another player commenting that he gets praise just because he’s white. Connect the dots! You just don’t like my opinion, so naturally, it’s a thin air fabrication! When someone demands proof for common sense, they’ve already lost!

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
It’s called common sense! Compare how much they talk about Jokic to how much they talk about Lebron. Think about other great white players—there’s always another player commenting that he gets praise just because he’s white. Connect the dots! You just don’t like my opinion, so naturally, it’s a thin air fabrication! When someone demands proof for common sense, they’ve already lost!
Correction, when someone generically appeals to something being “common sense” it really means they have no actual proof and that their argument is grounded in their subjective feelings.

ESisback

Reaction score
Correction, when someone generically appeals to something being “common sense” it really means they have no actual proof and that their argument is grounded in their subjective feelings.
Don’t you trust your own eyes? Are you the type that needs video verification, legal documents, and/or signed affidavits to have an opinion? Are you denying that Lebron coverage trumps guys like Jokic? Are you implying that players never said “just because he’s white”?

Look, I don’t want to carry on all day with this. We have our opinions, and they’re not gonna change, but if you NEED the last word to soothe your ego, have at it!

T-RO

Reaction score
Are you denying that Lebron coverage trumps guys like Jokic? Are you implying that players never said “just because he’s white”?
It's blatant and obvious. Perkins went after Jokic twice in the last few months. First, saying Jokic was "stat padding" and then suggesting he only won MVPs because he was white. When I'm listening to radio sports talk over the past few months I'd say it was 5 to 1 Lebron and Laker talk compared to any attention on Denver.

ESisback

Reaction score
It's blatant and obvious. Perkins went after Jokic twice in the last few months. First, saying Jokic was "stat padding" and then suggesting he only won MVPs because he was white. When I'm listening to radio sports talk over the past few months I'd say it was 5 to 1 Lebron and Laker talk compared to any attention on Denver.
Yeah, Cal said I was pulling this out of thin air!

T-RO

Reaction score
Yeah, Cal said I was pulling this out of thin air!
It's a joke even amongst the medioits. Heard Ben Maller on Fox Sports radio even say, "We know we always fixate on LeBron....but..." then do it some more.

CalPolyWog is what he is at this stage of development. He can't help himself.

T-RO

Reaction score
It's just funny to watch these fülz.

Just this week Stephen A Smith lists 5 players worth a SuperMax contract...Jokic isn't even on the list, despite him obviously being the #1 player in the world. We all know ESPN's agendas, and they'll loyally ride them over the cliff, right into the sewer every time.

ESisback

Reaction score
It's just funny to watch these fülz.

Just this week Stephen A Smith lists 5 players worth a SuperMax contract...Jokic isn't even on the list, despite him obviously being the #1 player in the world. We all know ESPN's agendas, and they'll loyally ride them over the cliff, right into the sewer every time.
Curious…Lebron…and the other four?

T-RO

Reaction score
Curious…Lebron…and the other four?
Stephen Arse Smith
Curry #1
LeBron #2
Giannis #3
Doncic #4
Tatum #5

Comparing that with objective...

John Hollinger's PER stat
Jokic #1
Curry 11th
LeBron 13th

Value Over Replacement*:
Jokic 1st,
Curry 11th
LeBron 15th

Or Box Plus/Minus*
Jokic 1st
Curry 6th
LeBron 14th

Or Win Share 48*
Jokic 1st,
Curry 19th
LeBron 59th

*Advanced Stats by Basketball-reference.com

ESisback

Reaction score
Stephen Arse Smith
Curry #1
LeBron #2
Giannis #3
Doncic #4
Tatum #5

Comparing that with objective...

John Hollinger's PER stat
Jokic #1
Curry 11th
LeBron 13th

Value Over Replacement*:
Jokic 1st,
Curry 11th
LeBron 15th

Or Box Plus/Minus*
Jokic 1st
Curry 6th
LeBron 14th

Or Win Share 48*
Jokic 1st,
Curry 19th
LeBron 59th

*Advanced Stats by Basketball-reference.com
Wow! Lebron = Click$

T-RO

Reaction score
Wow! Lebron = Click$
It's about the money, but not just about the money. Anyway it's boring to keep talking about LeBron.

Prefer to talk about the current series. I'm thinking somehow, someway Miami wins a game or two. No way they can win 3.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Wait, so you’re claiming specifically said Jokic was “stat padding because he’s white?”

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I’m supposed to give credence to some made up stat (“it was 5 to 1 LeBron…”) you conjured up, smh.

I can’t help you if you don’t have the capacity to understand why arguably the league’s greatest player the past 20 years is a talking point for the media. That’s just base level intelligence.

Not to mention he’s near the end of his career and helped his play-in squad past the defending champs (Dubs) in the postseason…those are talking points

Not to mention he plays for the Los Angeles Lakers…a legacy franchise in a major media market.

Yeah, so I guess you’ll just have to be stumped as to why you kept hearing about him the past month.

ESisback

Reaction score
All you gotta do is turn on a sports show. They talk about the LA Lebrons virtually every hour, every day, on every show. We all understand he’s been the appointed alpha the past 20 years, and the media’s priority is far and away rating$, but come on! Overkill beyond overkill.

T-RO

Reaction score
I’m supposed to give credence to some made up stat (“it was 5 to 1 LeBron…”) you conjured up, smh.
I didn't claim a stat. I estimated a ratio of time - how much talk about Lebron the past month vs. Nuggets. You can say 4:1. it might be 6:1. Endlessly, tediously LeBron.

All you gotta do is turn on a sports show. They talk about the LA Lebrons virtually every hour, every day, on every show. We all understand he’s been the appointed alpha the past 20 years, and the media’s priority is far and away rating$, but come on! Overkill beyond overkill.
Yup. And most fans are like you and me. We don't want to hear media drone on still more about LeBron. He's a choker. He's old. He's not that relevant anymore, unless propped up by the refs.

NBA and ESPN push it, in part because he's in the L.A. market, but even more so, as he's their message boy.

RFABR

Reaction score
Jokic sits and Denver goes 27-9. This team is great.

T-RO

Reaction score
Jokic sits and Denver goes 27-9. This team is great.
The Joker was #1 in the regular season in Box +/-
He is #1 in the post-season in Box +/-

In other words, when Jokic is on the court Denver outscores opponents more than any player helps his team to outscore opponents.

But tonight that was not the case. I've predicted Heat would win a game or two, no more. I'll stick with that.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I didn't claim a stat. I estimated a ratio of time - how much talk about Lebron the past month vs. Nuggets. You can say 4:1. it might be 6:1. Endlessly, tediously LeBron.

Yup. And most fans are like you and me. We don't want to hear media drone on still more about LeBron. He's a choker. He's old. He's not that relevant anymore, unless propped up by the refs.

NBA and ESPN push it, in part because he's in the L.A. market, but even more so, as he's their message boy.
“And most fans are like you and me…”

What’s that? LeBron haters?

No actual fan of basketball would talk such nonsense. It’s like claiming to be a fan of football and not having a begrudging respect for what Tom Brady accomplished.

You can dislike the player but respect/acknowledge the talent and/or career.

To summarize LeBron as “old” and a “choker” is just asinine hater talk.

T-RO

Reaction score
To summarize LeBron as “old” and a “choker” is just asinine hater talk.
You pitch me a softball like that to hit?

How many servings of this do you want?

Funny...that 4th quarter thing... How is that even possible..0-19 in crunch time?