NBA Playoffs thread

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Really? The heat win by double digits despite not ever having a double digit lead? Great basketball analysts......

In case you weren't watching, they built an 8 point lead in the fourth quarter against a Spurs team that went completely cold shooting - Danny Green didn't even hit a field goal until the end.

With LeBron James in the game, they close that thing out and win by a minimum of 10 points. I know you've got the Spurs underwear on, but lets not be ridiculous.

burmafrd

Reaction score
***? You quoted me talking about Vegas and computer odds, again, what the hell does that have to do with anything?

wow - you are definitely a contender for the extreme homer award. See how you guys had to turn off the AC to get the edge. Pretty pathetic- and shows you are scared.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It was a good game. Danny Green stepped up big at the end. But if LeBron doesn't get cramps (which really looked like it was close to heat stroke) the Heat win that game by double digits.

Tony Parker also played well but you could tell over time that the ankle fatigued more than normal.

The Heat need to dump Dwyane Wade after this year, too. That guy is completely done. If LeBron goes out, and you are what you say you are (Wade), there's no excuse for getting beat by 15 down the stretch. He should've put the team on his back. All that did was confirm what everyone has been saying -- he's a shell of his former self and isn't worth anywhere near the contract that matches Bosh and LeBron.

Spurs usually take over these close games in the 4th qtr. Spurs in 6

MC KAos

Reaction score
In case you weren't watching, they built an 8 point lead in the fourth quarter against a Spurs team that went completely cold shooting - Danny Green didn't even hit a field goal until the end.

With LeBron James in the game, they close that thing out and win by a minimum of 10 points. I know you've got the Spurs underwear on, but lets not be ridiculous.

Except for the fact that the spurs cut it to 2 before lebron got the cramps, so with him they made up 6 points. Doesn't matter what underwear I'm wearing, you can't unequivocally say that the heat would have won that game by double digits, or at all, with James in there. It wouldn't have been a 15 point spurs win, but there is a lot of room in there

MC KAos

Reaction score
wow - you are definitely a contender for the extreme homer award. See how you guys had to turn off the AC to get the edge. Pretty pathetic- and shows you are scared.

Thanks for changing the subject and conceding the fact that you didn't know what you were talking about with your previous posts

Jenky

Reaction score
Watched the game last night. IF Lebron stays in, I'm pretty sure the heat win. By how many points? Don't know, but the Spurs had no answer for him.

Cramped up like that before. You literally can't move at all. It sucks to see game 1 being decided like that.

Aggie87

Reaction score
Watched the game last night. IF Lebron stays in, I'm pretty sure the heat win. By how many points? Don't know, but the Spurs had no answer for him.

I don't agree. The Spurs got hot at the end. LeBron, even if he was in the game, isn't magically defending all 5 Spurs at the same time, AND defending them so well they aren't making any baskets.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
I think the Spurs should turn off the air before the second half of Game 2. :)

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
This stuff is funny. The Spurs played under the exact same conditions as the Heat.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I don't have a dog in this race. I like LeBron and Duncan and spurs.

1. Spurs have a shot.

2.LeBron could still take control of many games in this series. Killing #1

3. The Spurs just got spotted a game.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
it would have been close game had lebron not cramped but its outrageous to say Heat would have won by double digits.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Thanks for changing the subject and conceding the fact that you didn't know what you were talking about with your previous posts

I come here a lot of the time to be able to laugh at posts like yours.

burmafrd

Reaction score
it would have been close game had lebron not cramped but its outrageous to say Heat would have won by double digits.

Cowherd was absolutely killing spurs numbies calling in talking about how soft Lebron is. Ticks me off because he was on my do not piss on list and lately he has been really on fire saying things that make a lot of sense.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score

They were up 8 with 8 minutes to play! You think a fully able bodied LeBron isn't capable of helping his team to an at least 10 point win!?

Take the hater blinders off - he's the best player in the galaxy.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
You know what you all can have at it. I'm not talking basketball with people who don't get it.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
They were up 8 with 8 minutes to play! You think a fully able bodied LeBron isn't capable of helping his team to an at least 10 point win!?

i understand Lebron is beast. but Spurs TEAM Is pretty beast too.

Rogah

Reaction score

It was a 2 point game when LeBron left, so please don't try to make it sound like Miami built up some dominating lead impossible to overcome. He may be the best player in the game today - you know, when he's actually playing - but last night demonstrated why he will stay on that tier below the likes of Michael, Larry and Kareem.

Everyone was playing on the same court last night, but I saw it significantly affect significantly only one guy.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
All I saw was the Spurs beat the Heat in Game 1.
Same building, same time, same conditions.

They WON.
Now it's on to Game 2...
The Spurs definitely need to make some tactical adjustments:
I think starting Diaw would be a good start and have Splitter come in for Duncan and other duties. Splitter and Duncan on the floor at the same time is bad for spacing.

The team needs to recognize how aggressive the Heat's perimeter defense is playing and protect the ball while finding avenues to the big men who are open to crush the Heat's small bigs.

Let Lebron score. Let him drop 70 if he wants, but for darn sure keep the other players less efficient than their norms. The Spurs have won with this style of defense before.

I still can't foresee who will win this series.
The Heat's D is so darn good and they have THE best player of this generation.
They can easily take this series.
The Spurs are never to be laughed at though. They have their own advantages and they can take this too.

I'm not going to make a prediction, but I am going to enjoy this incredible series.
It's hard to not appreciate great basketball being played at it's highest level on both sides of the court.

GSG!