NBA Playoffs thread

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
It's impossible to predict the outcome if he didn't cramp out again. All I know is he did and Spurs got hot like they can in any quarter. I don't see Spurs committing that many turnovers again so Heat lost a great chance to steal one IMO. Well see what happens from here but to say they would have won is ridiculous.

Jenky

Reaction score
As a side note, does anyone know why the NBA went back to 2-2-1-1-1 for the finals?

Does it extend the playoff schedule now? I could see it as revenue ploy, disguised as making it "more fair."

JBS

Reaction score
You know what you all can have at it. I'm not talking basketball with people who don't get it.

As much as youre hammering others for having their blinders on, quite ironic actually coming from you, its obvious your spurs hatred is fueling your position ... Spurs waxed your thunder and you are clearly bitter about it

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
They were up 8 with 8 minutes to play! You think a fully able bodied LeBron isn't capable of helping his team to an at least 10 point win!?

Take the hater blinders off - he's the best player in the galaxy.

I'm a Spurs fan but losing Lebron sealed their fate. Still it's a more exciting game with James in it and last nights game was anybody's to lose prior to the cramps....

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I don't agree. The Spurs got hot at the end. LeBron, even if he was in the game, isn't magically defending all 5 Spurs at the same time, AND defending them so well they aren't making any baskets.

Lebron is literally one of the top 2 or 3 perimeter defenders, and literally the best at defensive rotations. It's no coincidence that Lebron went out out and the Spurs were able to move the ball on offense as well as they usually do.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
They were up 8 with 8 minutes to play! You think a fully able bodied LeBron isn't capable of helping his team to an at least 10 point win!?

Take the hater blinders off - he's the best player in the galaxy.

Haha it went back and forth, James went out with 4 minutes left not 8. Get over it we will never know if Miami wins if James doesn't leave but you also don't know if Spurs win even though LeBron played.

What we do know is Spurs won by 15. Stop with the is, ifs and buts.

If frogs had wings the wouldn't bump their *** when they jumped

bounce

Reaction score
Are people really thinking that the Spurs shut off the AC on purpose to do exactly what happened? Great idea, let's put 19k people in an arena, and raise the heat to manipulate one person's body chemistry and have him go out at a clutch moment. Hopefully none of the other thousands of people start falling out, but if they do, we'll just call it collateral damage. I was at the game, and it was hotter than hell - but, AC units go out. My dad is the facilities manager for a mega church, and the AC unit is the bane of his existence. He gets calls a few times a week that the AC is malfunctioning or has gone out entirely.

The Spurs won because they shot 14-16 in the 4th quarter and 59% for the game. Without 24 turnovers, the Spurs win that game by 20. James is the best player on the planet, but he doesn't swing the game by 25 points. They had closed to two points before he left.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Lebron is literally one of the top 2 or 3 perimeter defenders, and literally the best at defensive rotations. It's no coincidence that Lebron went out out and the Spurs were able to move the ball on offense as well as they usually do.

Wrong. The Spurs won the game because they finally started taking care of the ball. When the Spurs don't turn it over, they will beat anyone, even the "Look at me" Lebron led Heat

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
the Spurs have this. even when LeCramp comes back.

Still, if I am Pop, I make one adjustment for game 2......maybe just maybe, cover the 3 pt line. every one of the Heats' 3pt attempts was wide open, even the 4pt play. Ray Allen was able to catch the ball, stop and take a short nap, wake up and then shoot it everytime.....that is how open he was. Also, I would put Kawhi on Wade the rest of the series. Don't double team at all. Just let LeCramp go off, but keep everyone else in check.....

I would say Spurs sweep, but I know they will probably have at least one poor game where they can't make a basket and also defend poorly. So I will say Spurs in 5.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Wrong. The Spurs won the game because they finally started taking care of the ball. When the Spurs don't turn it over, they will beat anyone, even the "Look at me" Lebron led Heat

and the reduction in turnovers had nothing to do with LeBron James leaving the game?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
and the reduction in turnovers had nothing to do with LeBron James leaving the game?

Not a thing. Spurs started to take care of the ball well before Lebron couldn't handle the heat like all the other players were able to handle. In fact the Spurs had the lead when Lebron gave up.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Not a thing. Spurs started to take care of the ball well before Lebron couldn't handle the heat like all the other players were able to handle. In fact the Spurs had the lead when Lebron gave up.

Did you watch the game, specifically the 4th quarter? They were up when he left the game for the final time, but not when he left the game with 8 minutes to go. And for anyone to think that a team's reduction in turnovers has nothing to do with the leagues best perimeter/transition defender leaving the game, shows they lack a fundamental understanding on basketball and specifically ball rotations.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Did you watch the game, specifically the 4th quarter? They were up when he left the game for the final time, but not when he left the game with 8 minutes to go. And for anyone to think that a team's reduction in turnovers has nothing to do with the leagues best perimeter/transition defender leaving the game, shows they lack a fundamental understanding on basketball and specifically ball rotations.

LOL, I watched but apparently you didn't. The Spurs stopped turning the ball over while LeMe was still in the game!

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
LOL, I watched but apparently you didn't. The Spurs stopped turning the ball over while LeMe was still in the game!

And they didn't go on a run until after he left, literally he played one offensive possession in the last 7:33. I don't know if Miami would've won had he stayed in, and considering you can't prove it either way, it's pointless to discuss. But if you think the best perimeter/transition defender not playing in the final 8 minutes of a game, and the other team turning a 2 point deficit to a 15 point victory, shows either a lack of understanding or an inability to be rational regarding one of the two teams involved, if not both.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
And they didn't go on a run until after he left, literally he played one offensive possession in the last 7:33. I don't know if Miami would've won had he stayed in, and considering you can't prove it either way, it's pointless to discuss. But if you think the best perimeter/transition defender not playing in the final 8 minutes of a game, and the other team turning a 2 point deficit to a 15 point victory, shows either a lack of understanding or an inability to be rational regarding one of the two teams involved, if not both.

I can only hope that the Heat feel the same way as their delusional fans. It's TEAM over ME (Lebron) Spurs in 6!

Jenky

Reaction score
Heat win. James dominates again and the Spurs still have no answer. Somebody better turn off the AC in games 5 & 6.:p

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Some Observations after Game 2:

-Tony Parker should get an Enima Award for that acting job on the Chalmers flagrant

-We saw a LeMAN take a bunch a boys to school tonight

-Heat have extra motivation most likely feeling like they were robbed in Game 1 and should be really be up 2-0 in this series, and dont like hearing everybody already having given the trophy to the Spurs. Look for the Heat to go up 3-1 and close it out in 6