NBA Playoffs

ESisback

Reaction score
I hope the Lebron meeting with Boston rumors are false. What would that say to Kyrie.

Nothing against Lebron, but Boston is looking for a decade run. Lebron is more of a 3 to 4 year run, and there will likely need to be many roster changes to suit Lebron. I feel we enter next season and a legit title and likely EC favorite with what we have on hand

Based on that decade thing, some in Boston think they might try to trade Kyrie for someone like Anthony Davis. Either way, with a core of Tatum, Brown, Rozier, Hayward, Horford, etc., the Celtics will rule the EC in 2019!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Based on that decade thing, some in Boston think they might try to trade Kyrie for someone like Anthony Davis. Either way, with a core of Tatum, Brown, Rozier, Hayward, Horford, etc., the Celtics will rule the EC in 2019!
NO isn't moving Davis and I don't see a reason why he would force there hand. To me to only elite player who MAY be attainable is Kawhi, and he will likely bolt in 2019 to LA anyways

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
NO isn't moving Davis and I don't see a reason why he would force there hand. To me to only elite player who MAY be attainable is Kawhi, and he will likely bolt in 2019 to LA anyways

I don't pretend to know the contract situation, but as a general concept I can definitely see Davis wanting to leave NO to go to a bigger market or a real contender with pieces in place. NO isn't a big player in the free agent market so I don't him him wanting to waste away over there. NO would likely realize this and want to get maximum trade value for a player they know won't be there down the road.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I don't see a reason why he would force there hand

Really? So he'd be content to "waste" his career on a team that is in a small market and makes little effort to build a team around him?

I don't know Davis, perhaps he's one of those players who doesn't want to uproot to another city and/or feels an obligation to stick with the team that drafted him, or he just loves New Orleans, or any of several other reasons.

But there's also multiple reasons why he'd leave....

ESisback

Reaction score
Really? So he'd be content to "waste" his career on a team that is in a small market and makes little effort to build a team around him?

I don't know Davis, perhaps he's one of those players who doesn't want to uproot to another city and/or feels an obligation to stick with the team that drafted him, or he just loves New Orleans, or any of several other reasons.

But there's also multiple reasons why he'd leave....
Especially for someplace like Boston or LA.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Why do people still dislike LeBron? Like, what has he done to CONTINUE to upset these backwards basketball fans? You LeBron detractors in this thread, what is it? In what world does this dude get criticism, now? Prior to the GS win a couple years ago, maybe overrated, I can see it. Well, prior to when he was robbed of the Finals MVP when he lost to GS with everyone hurt, the first time, sure.

iS iT THe MEdiA aND hOw FAwnED oN he IS?

Because he is a player who also plays GM than everyone wants to give him a pass when his guys don't cut the mustard. His boy JR Smith didn't call a TO, but neither did LeBron or Lue. Than he pouts and does squat in overtime.

Also down the stretch he passes the buck at times. He had Curry on him multiple times down the stretch in the 4th quarter of a crucial game 3 and passed the ball off instead of attacking him. I seriously doubt Jordan or any other ultra competitor would do that. Why doesn't he step up on defense and take on a hot Durant? I guarantee Kobe or Jordan would have.

LeBron is a great player, but I get sick of the apology tour after every time he loses.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Slept on acquisitions that will keep the Dub train going was drafting Jordan Bell and bringing on Quinn Cook. I’d like to see them replace Pachulia with a guy like Alex Len.

Lodeus

Reaction score
Please go to a super team LeBron. Make the NBA final interesting again.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
When Durant joined a 73 win team who was already there two years in a row and Lebron gets to feast on the Leastern Conference, it's not that odd.
Thats ur opinion. I had several posters who agreed with me how odd it was. You had non.

Anyways, it's over now. Hope my boy goes to Philly!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
LeBron doesn’t sound like he wants to move or uproot his family. I’d guess he’s going to push for Cavs to go out and get some help.

If they don’t then no one could blame him for bolting and the closer to home the better but I don’t think he’ll want to go to a team that needs more help than Cavs .He’ll want to be the final piece like in Houston or Boston.