NBA Season (18-19)

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
8 straight for Boston. They have had a bit of a cupcake schedule of late, but it might be just what they needed to build momentum

Time Lord has been getting consistent minutes the last few games and has done good job on the glass. Good to see. Williams could be a nice peice inside if he can develop into a Capella type player
I just don't like what Stevens is doing with the rotations. He needs to find 9 guys and go with it. He also needs to find his true starting lineup and roll with it. Stop getting cute bro.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I just don't like what Stevens is doing with the rotations. He needs to find 9 guys and go with it. He also needs to find his true starting lineup and roll with it. Stop getting cute bro.
Jaylen and Hayward need to be your starters. Youll have some ups and downs before the new, but its all about how you finish, not start

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I agree on Hayward, but Jaylen is too inconsistent for my blood.
My question is can Hayward round to form in time for the playoffs? I think offensively speaking you really want Irving and Hayward to be your major shot takers in the offense. Have Tatum playing off them or getting some late shot clock iso's. Have Al Horford do all the Al Horford things. At that point in the season, Id like to see Jaylen focus more on being a stopper and getting those corner 3's.

There was talk before the year that they may make a trade just to get under the luxury. Morris's name was thrown out the most. However Im wondering if it will wind up being Rozier. I believe trading Rozier still gets them under the tax.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
My question is can Hayward round to form in time for the playoffs? I think offensively speaking you really want Irving and Hayward to be your major shot takers in the offense. Have Tatum playing off them or getting some late shot clock iso's. Have Al Horford do all the Al Horford things. At that point in the season, Id like to see Jaylen focus more on being a stopper and getting those corner 3's.

There was talk before the year that they may make a trade just to get under the luxury. Morris's name was thrown out the most. However Im wondering if it will wind up being Rozier. I believe trading Rozier still gets them under the tax.
I definitely agree. You have to have Hayward and Kyrie on the floor simultaneously, but I'm wondering if Smart will be the better choice for the two vs Brown. Not only is he a shut down type defender, but he runs the p/r better, is a better play maker on offense/passer and we could use Brown's energy off the bench. If they move Smart to the bench, that'll work also, I just think add Hayward to the mix should do it.

I'm thinking they got off to a slow start but I think they are starting to turn it around a little. Hopefully by the end of the year, they will be the two seed.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I definitely agree. You have to have Hayward and Kyrie on the floor simultaneously, but I'm wondering if Smart will be the better choice for the two vs Brown. Not only is he a shut down type defender, but he runs the p/r better, is a better play maker on offense/passer and we could use Brown's energy off the bench. If they move Smart to the bench, that'll work also, I just think add Hayward to the mix should do it.

I'm thinking they got off to a slow start but I think they are starting to turn it around a little. Hopefully by the end of the year, they will be the two seed.
The team as a whole just needs to find a groove

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score
I think Doncic may be THAT guy one day. He just has this magic about him, and his play. He's a smiley kid, but he has that killer instinct like Curry has. Nice face, killer instinct. If I'm a Super Star in this league, I'd like to play with this guy because he can/will find you, and I think you can win with him. Just my opinion... I like this kid.[/QUO

Beat okc last nite

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Long, long time Spurs fan. They are quietly turning the corner with a team no one thought could succeed. But one of the key contributors Derrick White has to be one of the ugliest mo fo’s in the NBA bless his heart.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Lakers slumping without LeBron.

I was not on board with trading Ingram, but if the Lakers can put together a package for Anthony Davis that includes Ingram Pope and picks, i would be ok with that. Don't misunderstand me i am not saying it's going to happen, but i would be ok with it if it did happen. Other teams might put a better package together for Davis, we'll see.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Pistons vs Lakers
Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2019 • 10:30 PM ET
Staples Center • Los Angeles, CA
National TV: ESPN
Local TV: FSD, SPECSN
Radio: 97.1 FM The Ticket, 710 AM ESPN / 1330 AM ESPN DEPORTES

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lakers slumping without LeBron.

I was not on board with trading Ingram, but if the Lakers can put together a package for Anthony Davis that includes Ingram Pope and picks, i would be ok with that. Don't misunderstand me i am not saying it's going to happen, but i would be ok with it if it did happen. Other teams might put a better package together for Davis, we'll see.
Im thinking it would take both Ball and Ingram to get Nola to bite. If you do that, I believe you would still have cap for 1 more max and Kemba is a Laker next year. Thats a scary team, especially if you are keeping Kuzma and Hart

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Im thinking it would take both Ball and Ingram to get Nola to bite. If you do that, I believe you would still have cap for 1 more max and Kemba is a Laker next year. Thats a scary team, especially if you are keeping Kuzma and Hart
If they won't take Ingram Pope and two first RDers, and they want Ball and Ingram, it would have to be only 1st RDer. Boston might be putting together a better offer. Lakers might stay put and let this season finish out as is.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If they won't take Ingram Pope and two first RDers, and they want Ball and Ingram, it would have to be only 1st RDer. Boston might be putting together a better offer. Lakers might stay put and let this season finish out as is.
That makes sense. Ball, Ingram, Pope, 1frp. Solid deal all around.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No. Ball or Pope.
Youll need Pope for the salary match. Pope doesnt have much trade value other than that. He isnt much of an asset. For Davis you are looking at probably giving up Ingram, Ball and an frp. That plus salary which would be Pope

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Youll need Pope for the salary match. Pope doesnt have much trade value other than that. He isnt much of an asset. For Davis you are looking at probably giving up Ingram, Ball and an frp. That plus salary which would be Pope
I don’t know about the numbers but if I am giving up all 3 players I wouldn’t give any picks, maybe a third team needs to be involved. Ball Ingram to NO and pope for a pick somewhere else and that pick goes to NO. I’m not losing three players and a 1st rder. Boston can trade for Davis they got the pieces.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don’t know about the numbers but if I am giving up all 3 players I wouldn’t give any picks, maybe a third team needs to be involved. Ball Ingram to NO and pope for a pick somewhere else and that pick goes to NO. I’m not losing three players and a 1st rder. Boston can trade for Davis they got the pieces.
Pope is just throw in for salary purposes. He doesn't really count as far as trade peices go. Its basically Ball, Ingram and and FRP for Davis. NO might even Pope out and you could have him back for the vet min