NBA Season (18-19)

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And dont discount NYK as serious off season players. They could be a strong contender for Durant and with Knox and a high pick coming, they have some very compelling ammo to make a move for another star. You can even include Ntilikina, but they may want to hold him because he might not have a ton of trade and could be more valuable because of skill set as a perimeter defender

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Lakers vs Spurs
Friday, Dec. 7, 2018 • 8:30 PM ET
AT&T Center • San Antonio, TX
Local TV: SPECSN, FSSW-SA
Radio: 710 AM ESPN / 1330 AM ESPN DEPORTES

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
And dont discount NYK as serious off season players. They could be a strong contender for Durant and with Knox and a high pick coming, they have some very compelling ammo to make a move for another star. You can even include Ntilikina, but they may want to hold him because he might not have a ton of trade and could be more valuable because of skill set as a perimeter defender
KD has basically said not many players will want to play with LBJ that are also ball dominant stars like he and Kawhi.
Klay has openly insulted LBJ and the Cavs.

I don't know if any of that matters or not but I am never gonna be team powder again after seeing DAL try it for 3 or 4 years to disastrous results.

Over the cap teams just have so many other avenues ti improve and under cap teams have 1.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rumor going around that LA and Washington have been discussing a trade centered around Ball and Wall. I think they have to wait until KCP is eligible to be traded

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
Rumor going around that LA and Washington have been discussing a trade centered around Ball and Wall. I think they have to wait until KCP is eligible to be traded

That's an interesting trade I wonder why the Lakers want to give up on Ball. I'm not sure Wall moves the needle for them that much.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That's an interesting trade I wonder why the Lakers want to give up on Ball. I'm not sure Wall moves the needle for them that much.
Ball is a long term jag IMO. Limited player who doesnt offer much in half court. Moving him now while he still has value would probably be best for LA

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
He has a broken shot but he's a good defensive pg and distributor.

I can see why the Wizards would want to move Wall, he just signed a 207 million dollar extension last year that will last through 2023 and they're currently 11-14. He even has a 15% trade kicker. It would probably take the Lakers out of star chasing next summer (maybe they agree no stars want to play with Lebron?)

If Ball doesn't work out for the Wizards he's only making 7 million.

As a Mavs fan I'd love to see them get Bradley Beal somehow since the Wizards appear to be in firesale mode.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He has a broken shot but he's a good defensive pg and distributor.

I can see why the Wizards would want to move Wall, he just signed a 207 million dollar extension last year that will last through 2023 and they're currently 11-14. He even has a 15% trade kicker. It would probably take the Lakers out of star chasing next summer (maybe they agree no stars want to play with Lebron?)

If Ball doesn't work out for the Wizards he's only making 7 million.

As a Mavs fan I'd love to see them get Bradley Beal somehow since the Wizards appear to be in firesale mode.
Beal is a better fit for LA than Wall is IMO

Beal would look nice with Luka and DSJ

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Lonzo needs the ball to be effective or even useful offensively in half court.
He adds zero off the ball to the offense.
His length, pace and passing are very useful traits but his fit in LAL is very, very bad.

He also creates a weird log jam in LAL because defensively they need more quickness on the wing with LeBron and 7 foot tall Ingram basically playing as your primary ball handlers.
For instance when DAL subs in JJBarea who can stay in front of him? Maybe a Josh Hart but again that ft with Lonzo is tough.

Also I'm just not sure other stars want to play with LBJ because he is super ball dominant yet an off-ball position and not that many guys fit playing off-ball that are "stars" much less superstars.

In a lot of ways Kyrie was the perfect fit.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The Rockets are a joke, letting two key role players go was a bad decision.
Even as a rival I feel for HOU. They have so much money tied up in CP3 who is aging and a terrible sourpuss.
Harden is great but teams have adapted to his game where he either drives recklessly fishing for a foul or hits a step back 3. .
Role players drive championship type teams. HOU had some good ones get away.
Spurs always had role players around their stars and thus won for so long.

I also just do not understand HOU's coaching moves at all.
They should have been throwing all the money at a true coaching difference maker not grabbing a re-tread D'Antoni.

All in all though no one is pulling away in the West this year and they have time to make moves and figure things out.
With D'Antoni's historic lack of defense that team needs to add a lock down defender, not a Carmelo Anthony type, that's for darn sure.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
D'Antoni has a pattern when he begins as coach of a team they go great but he's a one trick pony and once teams catch on to what he does his teams start losing and he ends up fired. It looks like it's about to repeat itself.